New Super Mario Brothers USED at EB for $24.99 (Currently OOS)

[quote name='Zoglog']if anyone wants to sweeten the deal, $5 rebate ;)

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Nintendo_New_Super_Mario_Bros,__19087609[/QUOTE]

Dammit, so you're the reason this form disappeared so quickly! :D
That has got to be a new PriceGrabber record - the rebate form showed up and disappeared in the same day. I missed it, and I just started playing NSMB on the plane today (thus why I missed it, I was traveling and took all of 12 hours off of CAG - that'll teach me!).

You guys who requested the form better fucking follow through. I'm tired of seeing PG games with only 10-12 reviews when 50 forms go out for each game - bunch of damn slackers taking up all the forms :lol:.

[quote name='Roufuss']This is something new for me too that's started popping up. I get asked at least 3 times at these stores if I've brought any trade-in's, did I know this hot game was coming out, blah blah blah. When I come in with empty hands, well, duh, I didn't bring trade-in's at all.

It's gotten to the point where I'll just use my cell phone the whole time I'm in there so they don't bother me. It was never this bad.[/QUOTE]
haha, I guess it's a new policy to piss us off. I went in there to preorder the DS Lite and when I walked in...

Cashier: HEY THERE! Did you bring your games to trade in for credit?

Me: Uh...no...

Cashier: OK! Just don't forget to bring them next time...

Me: .....

Cashier: So you want to trade in your DS? I can give you 50.00 credit!!!!

Me: No, I will sell it on ebay for more thank you. 50.00 is a rip-off.

Cashier: With the Lite coming out, you won't get 10.00 on ebay!!

Me: Whatever. Just let me preorder my system.

Cashier: Your Gamestop card is running out. That will be 10.00 to renew it.

Me: Stop! I don't want to do anything but preorder the system!!!!!

I will NEVER go back in there...

[quote name='Giygas']Has anyone achieved "shipped" yet? I'm considering canceling my order...[/quote]

Mine are both "Back Ordered". What a stupid company.

I'm keeping my order open, at least for now. Both NSMB and VJ are high-volume titles, so it's not like they shouldn't get more in.

[quote name='dracula']why is that? because saver doesnt stack with anything? they dont say the games will be complete?[/QUOTE]

I used to order from ebgames.com at least once every two weeks. I havent since the merger and its because the coupons dont stack, theres a chance that newer use dgames will be incomplete and the fact that there really arent many good deals anymore. I dont even buy my pre-orders from them online anymore.

yeah.. my mario says backordered but my viewtiful joe says shipped... will they ship them separately? if so maybe i can cancel mario after i get VJ =P

I got my New Mario Bros today.

NO CASE. :(

Those Bastards!

Got the game and the manual in a floppy disc case. Like they store themn in the drawers at the store.

I'm guessing we can expect this for most of our orders. Seeing that I only paid $14 a piece for this and AOE (which still hasn't shipped yet) I'm going to probably settle and not fight for a return. But I'm glad I didn't order more.

I can't even send in the pricegrabber rebate unless I can find a copy of the back of the case.

Anybody have a quality scan?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I got my New Mario Bros today.

NO CASE. :(

Those Bastards!

Got the game and the manual in a floppy disc case. Like they store themn in the drawers at the store.

I'm guessing we can expect this for most of our orders. Seeing that I only paid $14 a piece for this and AOE (which still hasn't shipped yet) I'm going to probably settle and not fight for a return. But I'm glad I didn't order more.[/QUOTE]
At least you got the manual so a few bucks (amortized) will get you a DS case from Nintendo and finish a complete copy of the game. Gotta buy in quantity though.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I can't even send in the pricegrabber rebate unless I can find a copy of the back of the case.[/QUOTE]
And a receipt for a non-used game. "Refurbished" and "open box" items are excluded, and I would assume used falls under that umbrella.

[quote name='Damian']And a receipt for a non-used game. "Refurbished" and "open box" items are excluded, and I would assume used falls under that umbrella.[/QUOTE]

Nah, they take used games. I musta turned in 20+ used game recipts and have never been turned down.

It occured to me that EB might have damaged a case of NSMB games in their warehouse, and since the boxes got busted or crushed they salvaged the manuals and cards and sold them as used. That theory might also explain the extra-low price of $24.99, which has now risen to the more typical $29.99 price point.

[quote name='boyward']It occured to me that EB might have damaged a case of NSMB games in their warehouse, and since the boxes got busted or crushed they salvaged the manuals and cards and sold them as used. That theory might also explain the extra-low price of $24.99, which has now risen to the more typical $29.99 price point.[/QUOTE]

Animal Crossing and MEtroid Hunters are both $24.99 though...

Despite that, I think you might be on to something there. It would explain how they got used copies in so quickly.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Animal Crossing and MEtroid Hunters are both $24.99 though...

Despite that, I think you might be on to something there. It would explain how they got used copies in so quickly.[/QUOTE]

Well, I know they've done something like that before. I've ordered "used" games and they were obviously new or display models never played.

well yesterday i got my free game that i got with the mario game. its pretty ku. i was kind of hopnig that they'd ship it separately.

i guess now i wait for them to ship mario right? =)

bread's done
Back