New to Gameboy games ... enlighten me!

daikaiju

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So, in 25 years of gaming, I've never owned a Gameboy Advance. Something about it just never really caught my interest for some reason. At some point I had a Super Gameboy for my SNES, but only because I aquired it in a trade somewhere along the line...had an old Godzilla game (from my Godzilla toy collection) that I played a little bit, but other than that - nothing really. Which brings me to today - I aquired a GBA player for my GC in a trade this weekend. Not being able to stand not being able to use it, I promptly went out and purchased something to play on it - Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance. To be honest, I came away fairly impressed, and being a huge Castlevania fan, I intend to purchase the other GBA Castlevania titles. So I guess my question is this...what are the must play GBA games? I'm only partially into Strategy/ straight RPG titles and really prefer the action/rpg oriented fare. Also consider that I'm playing on my these titles on my GC so linked up mulitplayer stuff isn't really in the equation either. Enlighten me!

Linked up multiplayer can be in the equation if you or your friend has a GBA and link cable...

Owing to the fact that all Castlevanias since SOTN ripped off the Metriod formula, and that you really liked it, I agree with maxflight. Go get Fusion and Zero Mission immediately.

Beyond that, I recommend Mario & Luigi (even supports rumble), River City Ransom EX, Wade Hixton's Counterpunch, ALL of the GB/GBC/GBA Zelda games (Link's Awakening is a MUST), and Medal of Honor Infiltrator (if you like Ikari Warriors).

[quote name='WildWop']Owing to the fact that all Castlevanias since SOTN ripped off the Metriod formula, and that you really liked it, I agree with maxflight. Go get Fusion and Zero Mission immediately.
[/quote]

I would not second this opinion
I thought that both Metroids on the GBA were unfulfilling and short, (not to mention hideously easy)
However, I am a big fan of the GBA castlevania games, and I thought HoD was the most disappointing one.

final fantasy tactics advance is the best.... and OMG i just happen to have that for sale! lol PM me if your interested in it :D

Premier Manager 2003/2004
and
Alex Ferguson Player's Manager

are good games if you like soccer and stats.

Anyways, I would suggest that you buy ASTRO BOY if you like Gunstar Heroes and the sort.

I'd recomend all of the Castlevania games, mario and luigi, mario golf, fire emblem, both metroids, sword of mana and wario ware to name a few

[quote name='jimbodan']I'd recomend all of the Castlevania games, mario and luigi, mario golf, fire emblem, both metroids, sword of mana and wario ware to name a few[/quote]

I DISAGREE with Sword of Mana, but all the others are solid choices. If you end up liking FFTA, go for Tactics Ogre. It's better from a story standpoint (it actually HAS one!). If you like MegaMan games, go with MegaMan Zero 2 (Zero 1 is ok, but 2 is better).

I second (or third or whatever) the GBA Castlevania and Metroid recommendations. Also, Metal Gear Solid for Game Boy Color was pretty great.

I second Tactics Ogre. Superior to FFTA in every way. Oh, STAY AWAY from Sword of Mana (you'll thank me later)

bread's done
Back