New to Pokemon....quick question

whataboutbob?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Im new to the pokemon universe...but i must say im enjoying it so far. Im playing FireRed on the GBA and just have a quick question.

When using a pokemon like Kakuna that has the increase defense ability, if i use increase defense (cant remember the name of the move) then change to a different pokemon does the new character i use have increased defense too....or did Kakuna only have increased defense? Same thing for other actions like increase attack....do the other pokemon that you sub in get the increased abilities?

If Kakuna uses the the defense increase ability, (harden, most likely) it won't be transfered into a newly summoned pokemon. Same with other attacks, as far as I know.

There is a move that allows you to transfer the ability enhancer to another pokemon, but if you're using Kakuna, you're not going to be seeing it yet.

any stat enhancing move that says "_____'s defense has increased" will only affect the pokemon that used it, it will NOT transfer to other pokemon, however moves that say "the party's sp. def has increased" will of course increase the entire party's sp. def, hope that helps

[quote name='maigoyume']any stat enhancing move that says "_____'s defense has increased" will only affect the pokemon that used it, it will NOT transfer to other pokemon, however moves that say "the party's sp. def has increased" will of course increase the entire party's sp. def, hope that helps[/quote]

OK...thats exactly what I needed to know....thx a bunch all! :D

Also, another quick question....arent the Fire Red and Leaf Green versions supposed to come w/ a wireless adapter free? Or was that the original releases of the game....I got the Player's choice version from a trade from Goozex. Anybody know?

[quote name='magiic']I got the non PC version off goozex and it had the adapter.[/quote]

Ahhh man....i got screwed :cry:. Oh well, its not like i would actually use the thing but it would be nice to have just in case.

[quote name='whataboutbob?']Ahhh man....i got screwed :cry:. Oh well, its not like i would actually use the thing but it would be nice to have just in case.[/QUOTE]
If you really want one, they're ridiculously cheap because there were only a handful of games that used it (off the top of my head, the two Pokémon titles and Mario Tennis are the only ones that come to mind).

If memory serves, I think EB and GameStop were selling them for $4 used.

Got another quick question....so what are the purpose of badges...do they give you any special power or are they required to move on to the next area or what?

[quote name='whataboutbob?']Got another quick question....so what are the purpose of badges...do they give you any special power or are they required to move on to the next area or what?[/quote]they allow you to control pokemon up to a certain level (eg. first badge allows you to control pokemon up to level 20 i think) and let you use HM's outside of battle (on the field) theres one other thing the badges do, can't recall though

[quote name='maigoyume']they allow you to control pokemon up to a certain level (eg. first badge allows you to control pokemon up to level 20 i think) and let you use HM's outside of battle (on the field) theres one other thing the badges do, can't recall though[/quote]

HMs??? what exactly are those....and when do you acquire them? I just got the 2nd badge and im supposed to be able to use the cut ability in and out of battle supposedly...but how do i use it in battle? Can only certain pokemon use it?

[quote name='whataboutbob?']HMs??? what exactly are those....and when do you acquire them? I just got the 2nd badge and im supposed to be able to use the cut ability in and out of battle supposedly...but how do i use it in battle? Can only certain pokemon use it?[/quote]HM's are generally referred to as hidden machines, you've probably picked up a few TM's so far, which are technical machines, the difference between an HM and a TM is that you can use an HM unlimited number of times, however TM's are one use only, they will teach the pokemon a move ONCE, when an HM is taught, you CANNOT remove it, TM's on the other hand can be removed/replaced with another move, you'll find the HM cut on the
S.S. Anne cruiseship

[quote name='EXStrike']Actually, HMs can be removed by the move deleter. IIRC, they can't be removed by learning a new move through level-up.[/quote]oh? i don't think i ever met the move deleter in FR/LG

[quote name='maigoyume']oh? i don't think i ever met the move deleter in FR/LG[/quote]That's because he likes hiding. He's actually in Fuchsia City, next door to the pokemon center.

bread's done
Back