New Tomb Raider looks FANTASTIC!

[quote name='Krueger']Looks like a Dreamcast game on Speed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Those textures look a little too shiny and dingy, too.

I've never played a Tomb Raider game, and I doubt I'll start here.

I am really looking forward to this game. I am not a tomb raider fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I just have a feeling that this is going to be an amazing game.

I don't need to shake my magic 8-ball to determine the outlook on this game.

What is this, Tomb Raider #8? and what was the last Tomb Raider that didn't suck? And how many times have we been told by the developers, "Ok, were serious this time, this next one that we have been working on is going to turn the franchise around"?

Since they gave the development of this game to Crystal Dynamics, CD should have just taken the engine from Legacy of Kain and slapped Lara Croft in there. Then the game would have at least been decent.

[quote name='Brak']Yeah. Those textures look a little too shiny and dingy, too.

I've never played a Tomb Raider game, and I doubt I'll start here.[/QUOTE]

co-sign

Honestly, I would nothing more than to see this franchise rise from the dead Resident Evil 4-style. Unfourtunately, that's not going to happen and all the hope in the world isn't going to change that.

I'm not a fan of Tomb Raider, and from what I've seen of this new one I'm not impressed.
The only Tomb Raider game I own is Angel of Darkness. I got it for free with my videocard, threw it in my desk, and haven't touched it since.

They really need to give her more realistic proportions. It was fine back in PSX days because she only had like 12 polygons anyway, but now she really looks kind of freakish. She's built like Jack Skellington.

I can only hope the play-control is "next-gen" because if they're trying to sell this on visuals alone, they're SOL.

consider this guys this is under the hands of someone else. I think it looks good and judging from what IGN and Gamespot have said about playing it i'm keeping this on my radar. Crystal Dynamics knows what its doing and you'll be eating it when it comes out and you end up getting it. I'm not even a tomb raider fan and i'm pretty stoked to see if it has changed.

Buncha damn pessimists here! Look folks, Crystal Dynamics have the chops (pandemonium, Gex, LOK series) to get this done. One thing we can be damn sure to expect is better play control. No more 'wooden' movement lining up jumps and such. Not to mention that one of the original developers Toby Gard is back on the scene to bring the TR series back to it roots and back from the grave. After AOD, the TR series has nowhere to go BUT up. Give it a chance when it comes out before discounting it entirely. Now that the series is out of CORE's hands, there is hope...

bread's done
Back