NEW Tritton FULLY WIRELESS & rechargeable headset

yahoosale14

CAGiversary!
i've been thinking about upgrading to a gaming headset over my wireless xbox mic and was disappointed to see that the turtle beaches and others are all wired to the controller in some way and chug through batteries very quickly. anyone else excited for these? any price predictions or comments on quality of other tritton headsets?

edit: after a little research and a misleading video...the mid level "Devastator" does not have rechargeable capabilities...but has that same black base as the warhead. hoping the warhead comes in around $200 like other past top of the line headsets from competing companies.

press release: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=69024&highlight=&p=irol-newsArticle_print&ID=1571038

expecting the warhead to be around $280, which is the price turtle beach's newest offering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqCukjOotxs

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still made by Mad Catz so I'm still not buying it. I've been burned by them before. Never again.

I'm disappointed that it's Tritton that got the deal with Microsoft, as I would prefer Turtle Beaches or Astro, although the product likely wouldn't have had what I wanted (Wireless for both the 360 and PS3) no matter who they partnered with.

Turtle Beach is on the right track with the PX5's. If I upgrade my x41's, it'll probably be to that.

EDIT: Took a look at Turtle Beach's website just now, and spotted a bluetooth adapter for the 360 that's "coming soon". If it doesn't add considerable heft to the controller, I might have to bite on that in the future.

[quote name='Ziv']It's still made by Mad Catz so I'm still not buying it. I've been burned by them before. Never again.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't Mad Catz up their game in recent years?

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Hasn't Mad Catz up their game in recent years?[/QUOTE]

i dont understand all the hate on tritton because mad catz recently bought them out....its not like everything hit the shitter and quality dropped dramatically.

My AX720's work great for late night gaming and when my other half just doesn't want to hear it. These look cool, but I don't think I'd ever spend close to that much on a headset.

Mad catz has gotten better, but I'm sill not spending my money on them anymore. Also better than bad doesn't equal good.

And they've owned tritton for almost a year now if not longer. Long enough to screw things up.

[quote name='Ziv']Mad catz has gotten better, but I'm sill not spending my money on them anymore. Also better than bad doesn't equal good.

And they've owned tritton for almost a year now if not longer. Long enough to screw things up.[/QUOTE]

looking at the past press releases....the ax pro has been out for awhile and was developed before they were bought by mad catz. i see the questioning of how much interference mad catz will have since this is the first mad catz + tritton headset.

bread's done
Back