New TRU Clearanced games

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Picked up Meteos for $7.50, Spartan Total Warrior Xbox for $7.50, FZero GP Legend GBA for $2.50 today at TRU.

They had a whole mess of clearanced games for every system on one of the shelves, without it really being marked with any signage other than the stickers on the games.

A lot of the marked down/clearanced games were stuff from the Christmas sale, but some of it is new or I hadn't seen it before on sale. Tower SP was 9.00 if I remember correctly, Suikoden Tactics was $14.99, and a bunch of odd prices like $2.xx, 3.xx, 6.98, 9.00, 7.50, etc.

Selection varies by store, as usual. Good luck.

I picked up Metos at that price just last week at the TRU in Times Square, NYC.

Also picked up Point Blank for just under $10, Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2 (Xbox) $5.20, Advent Rising (Xbox) $5.20 and Constantine (Xbox) $3.5.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yes, I saw it at 2 different stores for $7.00 in November but they have been sold out since mid November[/quote]
Sorry for being so particular but the ones you saw were $7 even or $7.50?

[quote name='karkyco']Picked up Meteos for $7.50, Spartan Total Warrior Xbox for $7.50, FZero GP Legend GBA for $2.50 today at TRU.

They had a whole mess of clearanced games for every system on one of the shelves, without it really being marked with any signage other than the stickers on the games.

A lot of the marked down/clearanced games were stuff from the Christmas sale, but some of it is new or I hadn't seen it before on sale. Tower SP was 9.00 if I remember correctly, Suikoden Tactics was $14.99, and a bunch of odd prices like $2.xx, 3.xx, 6.98, 9.00, 7.50, etc.

Selection varies by store, as usual. Good luck.[/QUOTE]
Dude, I know it's off-topic, but... Your sig is awesome XD

[quote name='neocisco']Sorry for being so particular but the ones you saw were $7 even or $7.50?[/QUOTE]

$7.00 even, I'm guessing the OP got it for $7.00 even as well but typed $7.50 since Meteos was $7.50

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']I haven't seen Meteos for that price, can anyone confirm that it's not YMMV?[/QUOTE]
Yup, had one in my hand of Friday (1/26/07). Passed on it. Should have picked it up. It was the last one. I got polarium for $4.98.

If I'm not mistaken, FZero (GBA) is actually a left over green tag game. My store has had them on clearance for at least a year. The price has just slowly declined.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'd like to get the GC version of Spartan-- anyone know if that's cheap too?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's $7 as well since it was $13.98 before most of the game marked down in November marked down another 50%.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'm guessing it's $7 as well since it was $13.98 before most of the game marked down in November marked down another 50%.[/quote]

It should be. I picked it up at the $13.98 price earlier in the year.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']$7.00 even, I'm guessing the OP got it for $7.00 even as well but typed $7.50 since Meteos was $7.50[/quote]

Hmmm, no I'm pretty sure it was $7.50 for me. I can always run down to the car and verify. Sorry these are old clearance. I didn't see most of these during the $9.98 clearance right after X-Mas, so I figured they were new lower prices.

I went in hoping to find some PSP games for cheap, mainly UGnG and Powerstone Collection, no luck there. I wanted to see if those games had a universal price drop instead of a clearance at BB. This TRU was wiped out badly in the regular sections, but it seemed as though the clearance section was overlooked because it was the last row that few people bother checking.

I was hoping to find a Fire Emblem PoR or some of the other X-Mas clearance games for PSP but no dice. They did have a bunch of the XBox and PS2 clearance titles for more or less than the 9.98 sale. Some were $7, $5, and some were $30:roll:

Many items are reduced by the RZone manager to get rid of the supply. Items that are "onesies" or "twosies" - meaning that there are only one or two copies left and will not be restocked - can be clearanced out for whatever price they see fit. For instance, my local RZone manager is my best friend, so I nabbed the last Game Boy micro and the last two GameCube LCD screens for $9.90 each. He bought the last Metroid Prime Pinball for $1.90 himself, and sold the last Donkey Konga bongos for $4.90. This is why YMMV.

[quote name='dirtmound']Many items are reduced by the RZone manager to get rid of the supply. Items that are "onesies" or "twosies" - meaning that there are only one or two copies left and will not be restocked - can be clearanced out for whatever price they see fit. For instance, my local RZone manager is my best friend, so I nabbed the last Game Boy micro and the last two GameCube LCD screens for $9.90 each. He bought the last Metroid Prime Pinball for $1.90 himself, and sold the last Donkey Konga bongos for $4.90. This is why YMMV.[/quote]

He marked down a game to practically nothing and bought it himself? Sorry, but there are limitations to manual markdowns and what you said is blatant abuse of that power. Better hope it doesn't come back around and bite him in the ass.

If anyone picks up an extra Meteos I'll pay $10 shipped - I can't find any at the TRU around here. PM me if interested. Thanks!

[quote name='acey']If anyone picks up an extra Meteos I'll pay $10 shipped - I can't find any at the TRU around here. PM me if interested. Thanks![/QUOTE]
And if you find two copies of Meteos, PM me as well, as I would also pay $10 shipped.

[quote name='sp00ge']He marked down a game to practically nothing and bought it himself? Sorry, but there are limitations to manual markdowns and what you said is blatant abuse of that power. Better hope it doesn't come back around and bite him in the ass.[/QUOTE]

I love those type of markdowns. One TRU did that with all their N64 games another one a few years ago marked down their Neo Geo Pocket Color bundles (w/ Sonic) to $9.90. It seems like stores haven't been doing that as much lately though

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I love those type of markdowns. One TRU did that with all their N64 games another one a few years ago marked down their Neo Geo Pocket Color bundles (w/ Sonic) to $9.90. It seems like stores haven't been doing that as much lately though[/quote]

Yeah, those types of markdowns are usually reserved for opened, but non defective returns and REALLY OLD, low quantity merchandise that hasn't been marked down in the system for months. Also floor model merchandise, like outgoing beds, powerwheels, etc.

I forgot about how they sometimes mark down those opened returns but since the return policy has gotten stricter especially for games, I don't see it so much anymore with games. I remember like 2 weeks after the Gamecube came out I found Fifa 2002 for $11.90 since it was a return. Usually though the opened games aren't at as great of a discount as that.

[quote name='sp00ge']He marked down a game to practically nothing and bought it himself? Sorry, but there are limitations to manual markdowns and what you said is blatant abuse of that power. Better hope it doesn't come back around and bite him in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there is a thing called Managers markdown at TRU, but each store has a markdown budget for the year. And if he keeps doing some crazy markdowns, loss prevention will be all over him as that's one of the things they monitor a lot.

[quote name='sp00ge']He marked down a game to practically nothing and bought it himself? Sorry, but there are limitations to manual markdowns and what you said is blatant abuse of that power. Better hope it doesn't come back around and bite him in the ass.[/quote]

lol yea no kidding..but thats a true cheap ass! I would do the same

Nothing at my local TRU - picked clean down to the bare shelves.. but i did find 'Trapt' (PS2) and it rang up for $9.39 - so i'm pleased!

[quote name='McAck']lol yea no kidding..but thats a true cheap ass! I would do the same[/quote]

I wouldn't. I'd rather keep my job than save a few bucks here and there.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']I haven't seen Meteos for that price, can anyone confirm that it's not YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Picked it up for that price yesterday. Also got Feel the Magic for $4.99, Gunstar Super Heroes and Drill Dozer (both GBA, both $9.99 each).

[quote name='chewiethedog']I picked up Metos at that price just last week at the TRU in Times Square, NYC.

Also picked up Point Blank for just under $10, Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2 (Xbox) $5.20, Advent Rising (Xbox) $5.20 and Constantine (Xbox) $3.5.[/QUOTE]

Advent Rising was $13.98 in IL. Can anyone else confirm $5.20?

[quote name='Saurus']Advent Rising was $13.98 in IL. Can anyone else confirm $5.20?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a couple copies for $5 at Kmart.

[quote name='toadielurks']Nothing at my local TRU - picked clean down to the bare shelves.. but i did find 'Trapt' (PS2) and it rang up for $9.39 - so i'm pleased![/quote]
Ithink Trapt will be a rare game down the road...nice pickup:cool:

Scored Meteos for $7.50, and MP:pinball for $9.99. Thanks OP for the heads up on Meteos, now I have some games for my new DSlite!

Thanks OP! I hit up the Muskegon, MI TRU last night and scored Meteos for $7.50 and Polarium for DS for $4.98. I have been wanting Meteos for awhile now! There were still a couple of copies of Meteos left at that TRU.

[quote name='sp00ge']He marked down a game to practically nothing and bought it himself? Sorry, but there are limitations to manual markdowns and what you said is blatant abuse of that power. Better hope it doesn't come back around and bite him in the ass.[/quote]

He's leaving the job in a couple weeks so he doesn't give a $#!+ any more. Besides, the point of the post was to explain what there are often differences and YMMV. You may be a superior moral being, but stuff happens.

Found some XBL 3 month kits for $5 a piece. got 3 of them..extra 9 months for 15 ain't bad.

I've got like 3 years of XBL that I've paid about $60-70 for. I heart cag.

[quote name='Saurus']Advent Rising was $13.98 in IL. Can anyone else confirm $5.20?[/quote]

i got mine from kmart for the 5 mark, after hounding them.. took some time, but i got one!

[quote name='DealHunter']Is Monster Hunter for the PS2 on clearance? My local Toys R Us is loaded with new copies.[/quote]

they should be 10 bucks, i missed this here because i thought it was the psp version :(

bread's done
Back