New UMD catalog titles coming to PSP!!!

dvdman

CAG Veteran
I didn't know where to post this so my apologies if it's in the
wrong forum. Anyway Sony has announced several new UMD catalog titles for May 2008.
This is big news for those who collect UMD movies
because everything Sony has been releasing for the last
year or so has been only new release titles. Add to this
the fact that Fox Video has just started to releasing movies on
UMD again in Europe so we may see those titles in addition to
the Sony catalog titles sometime in the near future in the U.S. Some of the new
titles are "The Craft", "Dogma", "Higher Learning", "The Devils
Own" and "Tears Of The Sun". The retail cost for each will be only $14.95.

I wonder how long it will take for them to hit the bargain bin, like the MTV UMDs at CC.

EDIT: that really makes me sound like a hater, huh? I'm not, and I'm actually glad for continued support of the format. I just wish they'd lower the MSRP to below $10. Any of those can be got on DVD for a third of the price and ripped onto a memory stick, but I'd pay for the convenience if it was cheap.

I remember when I was real keen on the whole UMD thing. I bought my PSP on launch and bought like 15 of the first 20 UMDs released. Shortly after I ended up selling all my UMDs, and psp games. Had like 5 or 6 games. All I have now is Valkyrie Profile just for the rarity factor. I found UMDs to be very lacking and yes they are overpriced as well.

If they ever brought the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars saga, or Indiana Jones trilogy out on UMD, I may bite, but all of those are very highly unlikely.

In lots of cases UMD's were more expensive than the dvd counterparts... but as there was little available on PSP for the first few months, people bought them up... leading to the rush of crap to that market... once the games started arriving and the novelty of the umd's wore off, sales plummeted... I dont think Ive paid more than 10 for any of mine and with most of them I paid 4 or 5 bucks each

Sometimes it's nice to have a UMD but honestly with 'digital copies' now being included on DVD's/BD ('I am Legend', 'Hitman' 'AvP:R') and more to come - the UMD will finally fade out, easier to carry a movie on a memory stick than to have a carry case full of UMD's - Now if only there was a way to have 'digital copies' included on the games..

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I remember when I was real keen on the whole UMD thing. I bought my PSP on launch and bought like 15 of the first 20 UMDs released. Shortly after I ended up selling all my UMDs, and psp games. Had like 5 or 6 games. All I have now is Valkyrie Profile just for the rarity factor. I found UMDs to be very lacking and yes they are overpriced as well.

If they ever brought the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars saga, or Indiana Jones trilogy out on UMD, I may bite, but all of those are very highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I invested well into UMD immediately when I got my PSP, but I already sold off the 20 or so movies I had along with all of my games, so I hear you. Now I'm collecting HD DVDs ;)

bread's done
Back