New "Used" Wiimotes at Game Crazy for $29.99 (NOT APRIL FOOLS!!)

Knoxximus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Stopped by the local GC today and noticed a stack of used wiimotes for $30. Upon closer inspection, these wiimotes were actually brand spanking new, with the plastic wrapped maxell batteries and all. They were packaged in cardboard.

So I asked what the deal was. Apparently, Hollywood Video bought a bunch of Wii Play for rentals, but does not rent the wiimotes. So, they just dumped them all on Game Crazy. I believe this is a corporate thing, and my store had 10 total.

Hope this helps someone and good luck!!:applause:

Not a corporate thing. My HWV actually received game only copies of Wii play, there were no remotes to begin with. Each region has different buyers for Hollywood, so this should be a regional thing. Good score, though. May want to post your state/region so others can check nearby GameCrazy stores.

Wii Play came out a month ago.. did they just get the remotes in today? If they did, it's possible that the remotes were held at the DC or somewhere and they only shipped out the rental copies.. either way, i'll keep my eyes open the next few days and let you know if I see any come through.

I was going to post this as well. If you have an MVP card it is $26.99. I was told they were refurbished (but not sure the guy knew what he was talking about), but they looked brand new - still had plastic on them and the wrist cords were wrapped up nice in the plastic. Good deal.

Damn $26.99 after MVP?? I might just have to get one of these...I'm already going to get an extra one with Wii Play but I figure I'll want at least 3 sitting around.

Related observation, on Saturday stopped into a "new" for me location. No less than 6 "wii play" controllers separated from game and being sold as such....
Bothered me a bit, don't know why, actually may be rather smart lol...

Wow. I'd pick up a third and maybe fourth Wiimote for that price! (Wish there was a Game Crazy around here!)

We got some in Friday, and yes...........they are brand new! Not bad for $29.99 ($26.99 w/ MVP).

we got them in at the gamecrazy i work at as well.they are new,sold as used,and a very good deal.i didnt work sunday,but saturday we had a ton of them left.

[quote name='roymustang']is it the durango/sahara one?[/quote]
Yep....I bought 2. With my MVP, came to $53 and some change after tax.:applause:

When I left last night at closing, there were still 3 left in the case, I believe there were a few more in the back. Good luck!

Two local stores received six of these "used" wiimotes and are indeed from wii play rentals. Call your local Game Crazy store if you're interested.

//edit: If you went earlier and didn't find them, call or go back again today after 1PM.. shipments come in around noon so some stores just got them today.

Damn I wish there was a gamecrazy around here somewhere, that's the best price they'll be unless Nintendo releases another game with a remote pack-in :p.

As of 10:30-ish AM, the Rt. 4/Dixie Highway/Erie Highway GameCrazy in Hamilton had nothing, but Scorch mentioned that they might have gotten some in later. As of 11:00, the Main St. GameCrazy in Hamilton had zero... because I picked up the last two. They were indeed unused Wii Play rental Wiimotes. The guy said somebody picked up a couple yesterday and employees bought the rest, minus the two I got. Overall, they had eight to begin with.

just got a wiimote at the clayton rd gamecrazy in concord, ca. still has the plastic tape over the ir sensor as well as the green tape on the wrist strap to hold it together. they were in a plastic bag like the other used accessories by the register - no cardboard or batteries. there were maybe 6 left. i cause a commotion coz people noticed it was 'new' - i guess anything wii-related causes a fuss (that and the computer crashed, so everyone got a chance to notice what i was buying).

Hmmm... I need one more remote. Guess I'll check out my GC tomorrow. I've had good luck getting new/sealed games there for used prices. They get lots of corporate demos traded in to the store. One day I got to sort through a huge stack of 360/PS3/Wii/PSP/DS games. Unfortunately there wasn't much I wanted even at the used price minus MVP, but it was cool to see nonetheless.

I did end up getting one of those and a Wii game that was traded in the same day Fry's had a forced bundle - it seems they got 3-4 copies of the bundle games (Elebits and Super Swing Golf) traded in with Fry's tags still intact :lol:.

Thanks OP!

Called my GC - they are holding one for me, though they seemed amused by that request. I just wanted to make sure as I can't get in there until this evening. Perhaps they have tons ;).

Went to my local Game Crazy yesterday. Picked up two new Wiimotes for 26.99 each. Awesome deal.

Also, if they do not have them out on display. ASK! They most likely have a few in the back. They don't like putting a bunch of the brand new ones out, so that they can also get rid of the actual used remotes.

bread's done
Back