New Wal-Mart PS2 3-Pack $12.88

neudog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
281 (100%)
I'm pretty sure this is YMMV for now, but it usually makes it to most stores. Anyways, I was in on e of my local Wal-Mart's and saw a new PS2 3-Pack for $12.88. The three games were:

- DT Racer
0078033205643_215X215.jpg

- Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
0078033208792_215X215.jpg

- Suzuki TT Superbikes
919230_45433.jpg

Not the greatest games, but not all bad with DT Racer included.

Here are the rankings from gamerankings.com

DT Racer 32.0% (big stinking pile of crap)
Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk 58.7% (less crappier, but still crap)
Suzuki TT Superbikes 70.4% (the only decent game in this pack)

I was going to post this, but forgot two of the titles. Lets just hope these don't sell and they go on clearence liek the last three game bundle at my WM. Think it dropped to like 6 bucks. On a side note, my kmart just restocked a shit load of the pinball HOF, fishing, and bowling 3 pack thats 10 bucks.

[quote name='kevzik']I was going to post this, but forgot two of the titles. Lets just hope these don't sell and they go on clearence liek the last three game bundle at my WM. Think it dropped to like 6 bucks. On a side note, my kmart just restocked a shit load of the pinball HOF, fishing, and bowling 3 pack thats 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just went today and there were like 20 of them

I really like Suzuki TT. I happened to be at BB a while back with my dad and he noticed the game... I had never heard of it and shied him away from it since it looked like classic budget crapware. Got home and looked it up and it actually sounded pretty good-- I picked it up and we both really enjoyed it (it's simple, there's one [loooong] track, but an awesome sense of speed and fairly good difficulty).

It's not a deep game at all, but it's really a lot of fun. Definitely worth $12.88 on its own.

DT Racer isn't that bad and it gets $5 trade in. Now the trade value might drop before another sale, but it isn't as bad as the reviews provided above.

[quote name='happyorangeman'] but hey, worse comes to worst* you can trade them in...[/quote]

*fixed.

One of the most overused wrongly-phrased cliche segues ever.

Right up there with "play it by year" (should be "ear")
and "I could care less", which should be "I couldn't care less"...as most of you would say about my post :)

CLass dismissed.

[quote name='Kerig']*fixed.

One of the most overused wrongly-phrased cliche segues ever.

Right up there with "play it by year" (should be "ear")
and "I could care less", which should be "I couldn't care less"...as most of you would say about my post :)

CLass dismissed.[/QUOTE]
If only you would be the father of my girlfriend's babies...

Just posting to say that Suzuki TT is indeed pretty good. The bike physics are excellent and the one huge course is a meticulously modeled version of the famous Isle of Man course. I actually enjoyed this game more than both of the bigger name PS2 motorcycle racers if the past year - Tourist Trophy and Moto GP 4. It's definitely on the "realism" side as opposed to more arcade-y physics of something like the Namco Moto GP games. I'd say if you like motorcycles, Suzuki alone is worth the $12.88. No opinion on the other two games.

eh back then my walmart had those 3 packs ford racing, motor cross and powerdrome racing, that was when it eb/gs was running the extra 10 I traded those in. Since walmart cleared them out for 5 bucks for 3 games.

Suzuki TT Superbikes rocks! okay? this game is very realistic and it plays realistic and looks just like you are watching this kind of racing on Speed Channel (which i have).

the sounds are dead on and the bike handling is awesome. i have play Tourist Trophy and I found the bikes too arcade like and responded blandly. it seemed like they wanted you to only race like a pro and that's all. it doesn't show when you are inexperienced well except from going away from the racing line.

the only thing i found bad about Suzuki TT Superbikes is no progressive scan. wish the graphics were up to gran turismo standards.

for your info, i ride motorcycles and i have ridden a R6 (600cc), i have a pocket bike (50cc) you can race a 125 cc in this game and it is realistic, too.

the racing game supports progressive scan but the graphics are no good and the gameplay is sloppy. not much fun. it is a decent race car game but not enough interesting things in it.

i have not played the third title. i was hoping the racing game would be awesome because i played the motorcycle game first.

overall the motorcycle game is worth the 12.88 alone and the other two are bonus games to keep you busy until you get a PS3 or Wii ;)

The 3-Pack is down to $8 at the Walmart on Randall Road in Elgin Illinois. There were 100's of them in stock too. As I remember the 3-Pack dropped to $5 on Black Friday last year.

Meh. I thought the first Wal-Mart three pack released two years ago (Ford Racing 2, Corvette, Super Trucks Racing) was pretty decent - Super Trucks Racing was pretty boring, but I spent more time with Corvette and Ford Racing 2 than I thought I would. Both games are among some of the most solid budget racers I've played (along with Ford Racing 3 and Ford Mustang: The Legend Lives) and I'd say they are worth the few bucks they go for.
Another thing: these Wal-Mart 3-packs used to be ten bucks. Three extra dollars, while still a deal compared to the $10 they go for alone at other stores such as Best Buy, makes this less tempting.

I'll probably check out Suzuki TT when it drops to $5 used like games in these bundles usually do. I was interested in DT Racer when it first came out, but I've read way too many bad reviews and the time I'd waste playing it would probably be better spent on some of the other racing games in my backlog.

Thanks anyways, OP. I was wondering which games Wal-Mart would include in their next 3-pack.

bread's done
Back