New WHITE Nintendo Wii for $120 at Target!

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Today Target stores put the original white Nintendo Wil on Clearence for $139.99. PLus you can go to this site and print off a $20 coupon good off any Nintendo Wii system:

http://coupons.target.com/mcp/pd.cf...E9zdBB0ruJcghSY1Gn04Cyec3rd+P76hSPsOBXBEKtk=#

Look for the $20 off Nintendo Wii system. This is the white original with no games included except Wii Sports. This might be YMMV but a few people confirmed it and I saw them today.

Decent deal...there's one about 2 hours away that says "limited availability" and another only about an hour away that says "available". If I wouldn't have already bought my Wife a Kindle I might've bit on this. I had a Wii before and sold it for more then I'd be buying this one for!

Call to verify that it's the first generation one before you go. I called 4 different stores before I found 1 that actually had it at clearance pricing. The others had the 2nd generation in stock at $199 even though that link above said they had it available.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']I can't even believe it sold for $250 when it first came out, it was outdated then.[/QUOTE]

Bottom line, it has fun games. It's not my system of choice, but I don't think it's fair to write it off as useless or vastly inferior. It depends on what you're looking for.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Ever heard of emulators bro? Don't reward Nintendo for its movement to kill off the hardcore industry by re-releasing old games and catering the rest of its lineup to soccer moms. Now you have Microsoft and Sony wanting to get in on that action and releasing their own retarded motion controllers. As a result of the resources devoted to that, we have the worst holiday lineup of games in recent memory with barely any focus on games that real gamers want to play.[/QUOTE]

I've actually tried to emulate Super Mario RPG multiple times and the ROM always freezes up early on in the game.

Besides, I'd much rather pay $10 to get a quality guaranteed port that I can play on my TV with the classic controller than have to worry about viruses and getting the emulator to work properly.

Just picked up the last one for a local Target, I'll see if I can get some games for it sometime soon, but I don't think it will be getting played for, at least, the next month.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Not having a pack-in really makes this deal feel lukewarm. Is there any difference between the White model and the newer ones?[/QUOTE]
There is hardly any difference at all.

New ones:
You can buy in black.
Comes with Wii Sports Resort
Comes with Wii Motion+ accessory for controller.

The old wii:
Only in white
Comes only with Wii Sports and not Wii Sports Resorts
No Motion+ accessory

I don't play Wii too much.. Most recently I played Wii Fit and I just got Donkey Kong today but haven't played it. Only Wii Sports Resort required Motion+ and other than that I didn't need it. Wii Sports resort is fun but I only played it probably one time. I'd really rather play a Mario game by myself or something than Wii Sports Resort.

So, not much different at all.

[quote name='dbrev42']x2 :roll:[/QUOTE]
Are you an idiot? Let's see.. there's a whole bunch of posters who have interest in this and then there is tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum saying how they don't understand anything.

Step outside of the box you live in. Different strokes for different folks, ya dig? ;)

[quote name='Achilles00']Bottom line, it has fun games. It's not my system of choice, but I don't think it's fair to write it off as useless or vastly inferior. It depends on what you're looking for.[/QUOTE]

My point was that the console should have been cheaper considering it had PS2 level graphics, only wifi, couldn't play dvds, and stupid friends code to play online, and it wasn't HD.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']My point was that the console should have been cheaper considering it had PS2 level graphics, only wifi, couldn't play dvds, and stupid friends code to play online, and it wasn't HD.[/QUOTE]

nobody cares.

shut the hell up already. this "debate" is like 3 years old and nobody cares.

Apparently enough people liked it enough to make it the best selling system of all time.

OOS for all of NYC :(
I always wanted to get one cause every time I play it at some one else's place I have a blast and this really is my price point
blargh...

[quote name='Ogami Itto']My point was that the console should have been cheaper considering it had PS2 level graphics, only wifi, couldn't play dvds, and stupid friends code to play online, and it wasn't HD.[/QUOTE]
You aren't making any point actually. It came out and was a great success at $250. Many people were waiting for Virtual Console games and others were loving Wii Sports along with a lot of other games.

360 released at $400 for some 20GB with no HDMI and a bunch of other things wrong with it.
PS3 released at $600 with a bunch of things wrong with it and no games to play until years later when it's now selling for $300.

It's all relative.

A couple of local stores have "Limited Availability", but I usually strike out on finding the item. Doesn't matter much as I can't think of anyone who doesn't have one already and I have a 2nd one downstairs.

If anyone's on the fence though, you should get it.

As others have said, there are plenty of AAA titles or unique titles that haven't been produced for the other systems (not yet anyway). And most games don't use the motionplus accessory.

Do yourself a favor and track down Zack & Wiki:D. Then you have the Virtual Console games, WiiWare games (specifically all the Bit.Trip games, Sam & Max, and Homestar Runner). Finally it gives you another machine to stream Netflix.

Plus if you want the closest experience to Mario Paint, then get the uDraw tablet.

I use my 2nd machine for 50%Netflix/50%gaming

[quote name='confoosious']nobody cares.

Apparently enough people liked it enough to make it the best selling system of all time.[/QUOTE]

Eat a dick.

Got turned down last night at a Target. CS rep checked the back, found some...Then proceeded to tell me that this is an internet price, they're still at $199.99 and can't be sold for less.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Has anyone found and purchased one of these for $120?[/QUOTE]

I;ve passed on at least 10, including today...
they are out there where slickdealers have not wiped them out...

The Target in Royersford, PA has 4 maybe 5 units on clearance as of 7:00pm Nov. 24th.

I was close to buying one myself but I'm not into the motion controls or 99% of Nintendo games. It would be great for older games but I passed up on it.

If anyone doesn't mind answering,
Are there any other real good deals on Wii going on right now?
I want to let a friend know but I don't know if they'll be able to get one on Black Friday and don't think they'll be able to get one of these.

What's the best deal on Black Friday?

[quote name='shiningslade']Call to verify that it's the first generation one before you go. I called 4 different stores before I found 1 that actually had it at clearance pricing. The others had the 2nd generation in stock at $199 even though that link above said they had it available.[/QUOTE]

Is there a difference in generation besides casing color and the games packaged with it?

[quote name='nixmahn']Is there a difference in generation besides casing color and the games packaged with it?[/QUOTE]
It's been said...

What the 2nd Generation has that the 1st doesn't:
Multiple colors to choose from
Wii Sports Resort
Motion+ Accesspry for WiiMote which is required for some Wii games (ex. Wii Sports Resort)

That's all.

Sorry, but I don't know how this thread got so long without someone pointing out this was already posted in the Target clearance thread. Letting your guard down people! ;)

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Sorry, but I don't know how this thread got so long without someone pointing out this was already posted in the Target clearance thread. Letting your guard down people! ;)[/QUOTE]
Do you know if anyone has bought one? The closest Target has limited availability about 1 hour away, I don't think it'd be worth it to let my friend know when it's probably not $120.

Well I personally saw 10+ each at 3 different Targets on Monday. I took a pic of the tag at $139.98. Someone posted 1 minute after I did that they bought one with the coupon for an additional $20 off (I did not know about the coupon when I posted). I have not been back to any of the Targets that I saw them at so I don't know how fast they are selling here.

EDIT: Target clearance is YMMV, as regulars know, so even though it shows (limited) availability, it may not be on clearance.

[quote name='confoosious']nobody cares.

Apparently enough people liked it enough to make it the best selling system of all time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Eat a dick.[/QUOTE]

Settle down ladies, less the holier-than-thou-Lidless-Eye comes and goes on another rant. ;)

Anyhow, this is a nice deal, OP. Thanks.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']Has anyone found and purchased one of these for $120?[/QUOTE]
CONFIRMED, I bought one Tuesday night. They actually held it for me & I'm glad they did because when I called they had 6 left & when I got there one was left. I also used the coupon with no problem. DPCI# 207250001

The one I went to had one but they were selling it for $200. I had them scan it to make sure. They even had a tag that said "Legacy Wii- As Advertised" like some moron is going to buy a stripped down wii package for the same price as the new ones.

This past Tuesday night I had an a-hole electronics floor guy at one Target location tell me that they had sent back all their clearanced Wii's to Nintendo, claiming that Target didn't want to lose money on the sales. I told him that the online Target stock cheker told me differently - that the location had them in limited stock. He told me they did not. It was at that point that I'm sure he and his fellow Target red shirts had put some aside for themselves.

I ended up picking up a clearanced Wii title and on the way out the door noticing two "$5.00 off a $50.00+ purchase" register coupons laying at the end of the checkout that someone left there that were up for grabs.

I took those coupons, then drove to another location and picked up the second-to-last clearanced Wii in stock. Used the $20.00 off coupon and stacked the $5.00 off coupon which took care of tax. At this location the electronics guy was nice enough to use his print-outs of coupons so I could save mine.

am i the only one that can't find the $20 off coupon?!

EDIT - scratch that, i just saw on SD that it expired on the 24th...

bread's done
Back