New Wii-exclusive from Take Two: Carnival Games.

Global Star Software, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that Carnival Games™ is coming this summer exclusively for Nintendo’s Wii™. The title is being developed by Cat Daddy Games, the Take-Two studio that created the popular “Deal or No Deal” PC game.

Designed for families and children of all ages, Carnival Games brings home all the excitement and fanfare of a day at the carnival. The game will premiere among a select group of titles chosen by Nintendo at the May Media Summit on May 22 and 23 in Seattle.

“The moment you step into Carnival Games you can almost smell the funnel cakes as you are greeted by the barker and the sights and sounds of a classic carnival,” said Steve Lux, Vice President of Publishing for Global Star Software. “The game was built from the ground up to take full advantage of the capabilities of the Wii Remote™, so the flick of your wrist in ‘Alley Ball’‘Test of Strength’ determines whether you are a Contender or a Grandma.” makes the difference between scoring an impressive 100 points and a lowly 10 points. The ability to pound the Wii Remote like a sledgehammer with the right mix of power and finesse in Carnival Games is designed for up to four players and features over 25 of the most popular games seen in midways and boardwalks throughout the world, including Clown Splash, Milk Can Toss, Nerves of Steel, Lucky Cups, Hoops, Day at the Races and the crowd-favorite Dunk Tank.

To add to the festivities, you can win over 250 unique, upgradeable virtual prizes in Carnival Games, from a goldfish to a giant stuffed animal twice as big as you are. Additionally, you can win rewards to customize your in-game characters, ranging from a Pirate’s wardrobe to Viking horns.

No carnival experience would be complete without a mysterious fortune teller. Drop a ticket into the Great Swami machine and your future – whether the boy in your class has a crush on you or if you are going to get that promotion at work – may be instantly revealed.

Carnival Games is the perfect addition to the growing lineup of family games for the Wii,” said Steve Singer, Vice President, Licensing of Nintendo of America.

“We’ve worked hand-in-hand with Nintendo to ensure we’ve maximized both the technical and fun factor for Carnival Games on the Wii,” said co-developers Harley Howe and Pat Wilkinson of Cat Daddy Games.

Carnival Games is not yet rated by the ESRB and will have a suggested retail price of $39.99. The title is planned for release this summer. Please visit www.globalstarsoftware.com/carnivalgames/ to view the gameplay trailer.

I don't know, gang...I watched the trailer, and it might be OK...but ehh.

Almost embarassing? *shudders*

Some games will probably work better than others despite the ground up development. Not sure how the mechanics of the basketball hoop shoot one is going to translate in terms of accuracy and motion. It'd also be great if they had a game to see who can twirl the largest virtual cotton candy or shaving the bearded lady. Lots of potential. Hope they don't chicken out and go generically safe.

Oh yeah, based on that craptastic trailer, a lot of people are going to get bruised ribs and black eyes if they play as close to each other as those schmucks.

I implore their marketing team to FOCUS ON THE GAMES and NOT THE IDIOTS if you want this to sell. No one wants to look like them.

I can already see people smashing their wiimotes into the floor playing that game where you swing the big rubber mallet as hard as you can to try and ring the bell...

Im actually torn by this news. New IP = good. New minigame collection = bad.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']And ladies and gentlemen, this is why we ought to buy the shit out of Manhunt 2.[/quote]Now I am thinking on buying Manhunt just for principle alone, lol. No seriously I mean Carnival Games? Why the fuck would I want to play Carnival Games on my fucking Wii. I bought a Wii to play different and interesting games (like Super Paper Mario), but I don't consider games I play at a Carnival to be interesting, I just see it as another fucking minigame collection that sucks. Then the third party companies complain that Nintendo is doing better than them and eating into their profits, hmm well this is why.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Now I am thinking on buying Manhunt just for principle alone, lol. No seriously I mean Carnival Games? Why the fuck would I want to play Carnival Games on my fucking Wii. I bought a Wii to play different and interesting games (like Super Paper Mario), but I don't consider games I play at a Carnival to be interesting, I just see it as another fucking minigame collection that sucks. Then the third party companies complain that Nintendo is doing better than them and eating into their profits, hmm well this is why.[/QUOTE]

just bcuz u dont think carnival games is interesting dosnt mean other peopele dont lik it at least nintendo is doing something different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There. I saved most of CAG some time and posted their response for them.

[quote name='Chacrana']just bcuz u dont think carnival games is interesting dosnt mean other peopele dont lik it at least nintendo is doing something different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There. I saved most of CAG some time and posted their response for them.[/quote]It's not that I don't find it interesting, it is just that when I heard of another minigame collection, I lost total intrest. It's not that I don't like minigame collections but I want to play a damn third party game on the Wii that has a actual point to it not just minigames and is good.

I am interested in trying this at least as a rental. Games could be fun as long as the controls are designed well. The more games released on the Wii the better. The PS2 seemed to have a lot of crappy games released for every good one and that system did well, so this may be in Nintendo's favor.

I am sure this will sell decently. I am happy there is another IP coming. Everyone slamming it etc to create negative hype is a killer to New IP's in general.

After being traumatized as a child when a carny stole my money from one of the basketball games I'd say being able to play these in the safety of your home without having to shell out any cash is pretty good.

You don't want to see the trailer for that one.

Speaking of trailers, was I the only viewer that free-associated this one with The Brady Bunch? I expected Oliver to show up and cause the game to crash about halfway through.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It's not that I don't find it interesting, it is just that when I heard of another minigame collection, I lost total intrest. It's not that I don't like minigame collections but I want to play a damn third party game on the Wii that has a actual point to it not just minigames and is good.[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic. I think this game is completely worthless simply because the concept itself has no potential to do anything but be mediocre at best. I was just posting what the CAG collective would inevitably step in and say.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Awesome, more mini games. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Seriously.

There needs to be great single player games on the Wii to convince me to buy one...minigames just push me further away.

I'll buy this before I buy Halo 3. Know why? I hate FPS and I don't mind mini-game games. There, I said it.

(On a side note, I just saw a Mario Party commercial and it looked pretty damn good)

[quote name='whoknows']Seriously.

There needs to be great single player games on the Wii to convince me to buy one...minigames just push me further away.[/QUOTE]

no friends? Playing with others isnt fun?

I can see how it would not interest you but push you away? I fail to see how?

[quote name='Snake2715']no friends? Playing with others isnt fun?

I can see how it would not interest you but push you away? I fail to see how?[/QUOTE]
Because...everytime I play the Wii I'm not going to invite people over?

When I play games most of the time it's for the single player, since that's what I enjoy in a game.

Suddenly though, there are a bunch of minigames coming out which I couldn't care less for. The ONLY game like that i would consider buying is Warioware.

Wii just doesn't have any compelling single player games YET, and minigames aren't helping me want one.

Designed for families and children of all ages, Carnival Games brings home all the excitement and fanfare of a day at the carnival.

I hope they are being modest and will bring on way more than simply "the excitement and fanfare of a day at the carnival." If it's the excitement of The Big Whoop Theme Park, consider me in. Twice.

Lol none of those are fun in real life. (except the basketball one) Why would they be fun virtually? The only reason why people play those are because its the moment and its not everyday you got a carnival. LMAO GREATEST IDEA EVER.

Both IGN and Kotaku have had generally positive things to say about the game and it's going to retail for $39.99. I don't see where the problem is.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Both IGN and Kotaku have had generally positive things to say about the game and it's going to retail for $39.99. I don't see where the problem is.
[/QUOTE]

A game with no chance of being good isn't worth $40. I mean, somebody honestly try and tell me that they think a good ol' game of darts is what the Wii needs right now. I don't think anyone can. The problem is that this is the absolute last thing the Wii needs. Another piss-poor attempt with no ambition to begin with.

The appeal of playing carnival games is taking home the giant bear and show off that your friend couldn't get one. Will the game also let me donate my virtual prizes to Goodwill when I get too old for them?

moronhr2.gif

That does not make me want to buy your game.

[quote name='Chacrana']A game with no chance of being good isn't worth $40. I mean, somebody honestly try and tell me that they think a good ol' game of darts is what the Wii needs right now. I don't think anyone can. The problem is that this is the absolute last thing the Wii needs. Another piss-poor attempt with no ambition to begin with.[/quote]
Again, there are people who have played this game that say it doesn't suck. Who are you to say that it doesn't have a chance of being good? It's like people believing the Earth is still flat after Columbus went all the way around.

And I will honestly tell you that there are a lot of people out there who bought a Nintendo Wii for Wii Sports and they'll look into picking up more things like Carnival Games, and if it works and appeals to those people, then yes, it is what the Wii needs. Just look at Reggie's report on the gaming market.

And anyway, I doubt you had this kind of reaction when the last Mary Kate and Ashley game came out on the PS2, so I don't know why you are freaking out over this.

Drama queens... the lot of you! :)

[quote name='panasonic']Lol none of those are fun in real life. (except the basketball one) Why would they be fun virtually? The only reason why people play those are because its the moment and its not everyday you got a carnival. LMAO GREATEST IDEA EVER.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it will directly effect carnival turnout? I mean its virtually the same thing.. I should call jack and let him know that fun, healthy, outside recreation is in jeopardy...

[quote name='Snake2715']I wonder if it will directly effect carnival turnout? I mean its virtually the same thing.. I should call jack and let him know that fun, healthy, outside recreation is in jeopardy...[/quote]Unless this game makes it own carnival food for me to eat, then no it wont effect carnival turnout. Carnivals got the food which this doesn't so no it wont effect turnout.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Unless this game makes it own carnival food for me to eat, then no it wont effect carnival turnout. Carnivals got the food which this doesn't so no it wont effect turnout.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Chicken Wing and Hot Dog Enthusiasts of the World - UNITE!
--Vladimir Lenin

[quote name='MarioColbert']My thoughts exactly.

Chicken Wing and Hot Dog Enthusiasts of the World - UNITE!
--Vladimir Lenin[/QUOTE]

Its an online game and the viral marketing bidding has already begun!

Koegels for the win!

bread's done
Back