New Wii For Me! [Use Wii FAQ's Gen. Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkofages

CAG Veteran
So I finally got me a Wii. I guess it helps to be dating a manager at Gamerush. Anyways, I know about the big games (SSBB, SMG, etc) but I was kinda looking for some help in regards to diamonds in the rough. Anyone have any suggestions for games that fall through the cracks, or maybe just never got the hype they deserved?

Congrats.

No More Heroes.
Zak and Wiki.

You can't go wrong with either of these. It's probably heresy to point this out so early in your ownership, but the GC has a library with some absolutely stellar titles that can be had relatively cheap. If you can, score either version of Pikmin and Eternal Darkness (only play at night). This being CAG, after all...

I won't hog all the good suggestions. Congrats again. :D

i thought i might offer a decent suggestion or two, but excepting for Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros Brawl, i can't remember the last decent Wii game i played. i can definitely tell you what to avoid, though! haha

(if you hate yourself, pick up Action Girlz Racing)

[quote name='speedracer']Congrats.

No More Heroes.
Zak and Wiki.

You can't go wrong with either of these. It's probably heresy to point this out so early in your ownership, but the GC has a library with some absolutely stellar titles that can be had relatively cheap. If you can, score either version of Pikmin and Eternal Darkness (only play at night). This being CAG, after all...

I won't hog all the good suggestions. Congrats again. :D[/quote]

OH MAN i completely forgot about GC games. that'll open up some good stuff too. I guess if there are any hidden gems for that too, i'd be forever indebt.

Also I think im gonna grab NMH from newegg. CAG ROCKS!

If you like Baseball, or even quirky Japanese rpg's about baseball, MLB Power Pros is the best baseball game ever made.

So I finally got me a Wii. I guess it helps to be dating a manager at Gamerush. Anyways, I know about the big games (SSBB, SMG, etc) but I was kinda looking for some help in regards to diamonds in the rough. Anyone have any suggestions for games that fall through the cracks, or maybe just never got the hype they deserved?

Congrats.

No More Heroes.
Zak and Wiki.

I won't hog all the good suggestions. Congrats again. :D

i thought i might offer a decent suggestion or two, but excepting for Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros Brawl, i can't remember the last decent Wii game i played. i can definitely tell you what to avoid, though! haha

(if you hate yourself, pick up Action Girlz Racing)

[quote name='speedracer']Congrats.

No More Heroes.
Zak and Wiki.

I won't hog all the good suggestions. Congrats again. :D[/quote]

OH MAN i completely forgot about GC games. that'll open up some good stuff too. I guess if there are any hidden gems for that too, i'd be forever indebt.

Also I think im gonna grab NMH from newegg. CAG ROCKS!

If you like Baseball, or even quirky Japanese rpg's about baseball, MLB Power Pros is the best baseball game ever made.

If you like football, Madden for Wii is fantastic. The motion controls really add a lot to the game. PS2 graphics though.

The OP asked for lesser known games. Do you know exactly everything you want at first? Wii games generally don't get that much advertising and attention anyway. Unless Mario is playing a sport or throwing a party. Or if the game is called Wii _____.

If you like football, Madden for Wii is fantastic. The motion controls really add a lot to the game. PS2 graphics though.

The OP asked for lesser known games. Do you know exactly everything you want at first? Wii games generally don't get that much advertising and attention anyway. Unless Mario is playing a sport or throwing a party. Or if the game is called Wii _____.

Ya, I had in mind SMG, SSBB, Super Paper Mario (I've been nintendo consoleless for like 10 years now, so i need to catch up on some mario), possibly wii fit, Links crossbow, cooking mama, barbie island princess, and maybe metroid.

I just didn't want to look at all the $25 dollar games and dismiss them as shovel ware.

Anyways, these are all great suggestions, and I definitely plan to check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back