New Wii U bundle coming 2/17th to Canada

bonesawisready

CAGiversary!
Best Buy and Future Shop are both listing a brand new Wii U Deluxe bundle for release on February 17th.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=1367583375a304a7e31f9babbc27e25fen02

And

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e684c2e3144e989998ba8348375d1771en02

Bundle will be $399 and includes the following:

-32GB Black Wii U system
-Black Pro Controller
-Copy of Zombi U
-Copy of Nintendo Land
-Exclusive Zombi U art book
-Digital Deluxe Promotion for 2 years

That's a pretty good bundle and I'm glad it includes Nintendo Land. This really should've been out at launch but I guess late is better than never. So anyone who was thinking about buying a Wii U soon, will you jump on this bundle?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']How long ago did the PS3 release? Kind of stupid to compare a 32GB hard drive in 2013 to a 20GB or 60GB Hard Drive in 2005[/QUOTE]
He knows that but making illogical arguments is the only way they have to defend their bad purchases. The PS3 also had blu ray in it and at the time it cost a lot to make the blue diodes. They're much cheaper now. I point this out because of the guy claiming that the PS4 will be $799.99. Another lame attempt to defend his bad purchase with a straw man argument.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is it an SSD?[/QUOTE]

It's probably just some really cheap solid state memory soldered onto the board. I doubt they actually bought a hard drive for it.

I remember the huge hype about the Wii U! Remember? Not so long ago actually, like flippers bought a thousand of them and they couldn't make too much profit selling them on ebay because the Wii U was available almost everywhere and all that. Well, I am GLAD that I did not buy one, the only game that looks interesting to me is the Mario game. But glad that I didn't buy it because I know for sure the console would be hidden in a drawer collecting some dust. In few words, just wait for more games to be released for it. In my opinion, there are very few good games for the Wii U right now, and many of them are ports :/

[quote name='dragonjud']Can we just close this before more meaningless posts:

1. This is not a deal.
2. People without a Wii-u don't want one.
3. People who have one (for the most part) want it to succeed, and as such will provide more meaningless defenses as to why it will succeed.
4. It'll just clog the deals board.[/QUOTE]

This upsets you? I'm bumping just for you

[quote name='moothemagiccow']This upsets you? I'm bumping just for you[/QUOTE]
Haha, sorry, that was just to funny to ignore but here goes another bump! ^_^!

[quote name='TheWildMoose']So you get a game and a controller for 50 more dollars.Saves about $50.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much they are trying to get rid of the Zombie U games, but yes, the controller should be worth it if you are interested in a Wii U :)

Edit: This "deal" is $399, just ignore what I just wrote above :s

The Wii U will be a good system. It's just not worth buying right now. I am waiting till they get must have games like a new HD Zelda or Metroid Prime. Maybe they should revive some old franchises too.

New Systems always have a slow start. The first great game for Wii was Mario Galaxy which probably came out a year after launch.

People act like the PS4 and Xbox 720 are going to have a killer launch lineups.

[quote name='Ashlee'] the controller should be worth it if you are interested in a Wii U [/QUOTE]
I'm not too sure how much you know about the system to say that.

The Pro controller doesn't work with most games and it's also completely incompatible with voice chat for online games.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wii U is not doomed. In fact, this is the same bundle Europe had at launch. Here is even a video about it. Don't know if it has the same packaging but here it is. It's a great deal because ZombiU is actually fun and you get a pro controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WXp_4rxsCs[/QUOTE]

The Wii U is not doomed. What happens is that the guy who posted that thinks that all devices are doomed.

He posted the same about the OUYA:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337740&page=5

Maybe he is just trolling.

yeah I agree, Wii U is far from doomed, I got a great deal on one and I love it! a friend of mine is about to buy one after trying it out!

[quote name='GBAstar']How long ago did the PS3 release? Kind of stupid to compare a 32GB hard drive in 2013 to a 20GB or 60GB Hard Drive in 2005[/QUOTE]

I was just saying that the ps3 also had a high price when it released with a smaller HD. I

[quote name='Blaster man']He knows that but making illogical arguments is the only way they have to defend their bad purchases. The PS3 also had blu ray in it and at the time it cost a lot to make the blue diodes. They're much cheaper now. I point this out because of the guy claiming that the PS4 will be $799.99. Another lame attempt to defend his bad purchase with a straw man argument.[/QUOTE]

I'm not making any arguments to defend my bad purchase. I enjoy my Wii U and have bought several games for it. I was just putting it out there that even the ps3 was released at a high price with a small HD.

Remember the PS3 had three relatively new state of the art technologies standard on every console at launch (i.e. Bluetooth, Blu-ray, WiFi). It would be fair to say that you couldn't get a Chinese knock off blu-ray player for less then $200 back in 2005.

The Wii U has a tablet controller.

Apples and oranges.

[quote name='shouamabane']The Pro Controller is very good. It works with every game except Mario U.[/QUOTE]
No, not at all.

[quote name='GBAstar']Remember the PS3 had three relatively new state of the art technologies standard on every console at launch (i.e. Bluetooth, Blu-ray, WiFi). It would be fair to say that you couldn't get a Chinese knock off blu-ray player for less then $200 back in 2005.

The Wii U has a tablet controller.

Apples and oranges.[/QUOTE]

True, but both things are expensive to make. Nintendo is not charging so much for the Wii U because they can, it is because they have to.

Anyways, if I had waited to buy a Wii U I would pick up this bundle. A game that seems interesting that I don't have is ZombiU, so it would be win-win.

[quote name='GBAstar']Remember the PS3 had three relatively new state of the art technologies standard on every console at launch (i.e. Bluetooth, Blu-ray, WiFi).[/QUOTE]New to consoles, yes; but both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi had been around since the 90s.

There is nothing wrong with the Wii U. It lacks games. Big Deal. It will rebound.

It is just odd timing by Nintendo and I don't think they did much to bring product awareness to the hardware either.

I can understand that Wii U is outselling the 360/PS3 launch time for what It's selling.
But a majority of the people aren't buying the system because of lack of games and/or too expensive.

It's nice for them to throw in ZombiU and a Pro Controller but even then It's still $50 more to spend.

Good deal either way if you planned on getting a Wii U with ZombiU. It comes with 2 out of the 3 games I would buy right now (the other being New Mario Brothers U).

[quote name='georox']Son of a bitch. I bought a Wii U about two weeks ago and ZombiU... I could've had a free controller :( Gah. Oh well. it's.. not the best system, but not the worst. At least it isn't a 360. Also seriously want PS4. I would burn down Activisions headquarters for a PS4 right now.[/QUOTE]

360 is so much better than ps3 it isn't even funny.
Yes. I went there.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I can understand that Wii U is outselling the 360/PS3 launch time for what It's selling.
But a majority of the people aren't buying the system because of lack of games and/or too expensive.

It's nice for them to throw in ZombiU and a Pro Controller but even then It's still $50 more to spend.

Good deal either way if you planned on getting a Wii U with ZombiU. It comes with 2 out of the 3 games I would buy right now (the other being New Mario Brothers U).[/QUOTE]

You are right about that. The other thing that the Wii u lacks in is the DLC. Black ops 2 for example doesn't seem Ike it will have any of the downloadable maps at all. Very disappointing :whistle2:(

Not a bad deal. ZombiU is one of the games I want, but I think I'll be holding off on getting a Wii U until a Zelda or Monster Hunter LE type console. I always seem to miss out of getting LE consoles since I'm usually an early adopter. ZombiU looks fun, NG3 razors edge (or Proper NG3), and especially Bayonetta 2 are definite games for me.

[quote name='georox']Son of a bitch. I bought a Wii U about two weeks ago and ZombiU... I could've had a free controller :( Gah. Oh well. it's.. not the best system, but not the worst. At least it isn't a 360. Also seriously want PS4. I would burn down Activisions headquarters for a PS4 right now.[/QUOTE]

Why would you burn down a third party's HQ to get a Sony console? That makes no sense.

On topic: Whoops, I guess I'm assuming it comes to America too. I suppose it isn't 100% but I would think it would, just maybe not 2/17.

I can wait for this system to hit $199 with mario kart bundle.
sorry, but a gaming console and a fat tablet controller with xbox 360 gfx is not really a fast buy for me..

The zombie game is very tempting though..lol But then i imagine true next gen zombie games..I will wait.

if only nintendo would make an hd mature themed zelda on this thing. my word i would cream my shorts. its time nintendo took a bigger risk with that great series. even if its just once

[quote name='BWeed560']I can wait for this system to hit $199 with mario kart bundle.
sorry, but a gaming console and a fat tablet controller with xbox 360 gfx is not really a fast buy for me..

The zombie game is very tempting though..lol But then i imagine true next gen zombie games..I will wait.[/QUOTE]

There is that empty term again "true next gen"

[quote name='strait edge follower']if only nintendo would make an hd mature themed zelda on this thing. my word i would cream my shorts. its time nintendo took a bigger risk with that great series. even if its just once[/QUOTE]

"Mature themed Zelda"?

Really?

[quote name='maximumzero']"Mature themed Zelda"?

Really?[/QUOTE]

yes !!!! have some blood spill (i mean they fight with swords anyway). make it more hardcore, more gritty you know what i mean ? evolve the series in a differint direction where it hasnt gone before

[quote name='mbrown3']Meh. I thought this would be a price reduction due to the awful sales. I'll wait for the same-ish bundle to be $299 and I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in order to really stimulate sales, you don't introduce a bundle that is even more expensive, even though it includes more. It also limits consumer choice since not everyone wants those particular items. Price cuts always work better and attract more attention, as shown by what happened with the 3ds. Of course, at this early stage, they have already ruled that out. So I'll just wait, especially considering the wii u doesn't perform any better than the 7 year old xbox 360.

[quote name='strait edge follower']yes !!!! have some blood spill (i mean they fight with swords anyway). make it more hardcore, more gritty you know what i mean ? evolve the series in a differint direction where it hasnt gone before[/QUOTE]

The blood would turn the streets of Japan red if you ever tried to change or god forbid reboot Zelda.

[quote name='strait edge follower']yes !!!! have some blood spill (i mean they fight with swords anyway). make it more hardcore, more gritty you know what i mean ? evolve the series in a differint direction where it hasnt gone before[/QUOTE]

Eh. That'd just make it like HACKNSLASH#483784 with a adventure feel.

Twilight Princess was perfect when it came to the mature-look-thing-whatever.

I just want another character as badass as Zant.

It demands saying again, do not expect a price drop anytime soon. The WiiU is being sold at a loss. We are both going to buy it when it's cheaper but I didn't come here expecting a price drop.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Eh. That'd just make it like HACKNSLASH#483784 with a adventure feel.

Twilight Princess was perfect when it came to the mature-look-thing-whatever.

I just want another character as badass as Zant.[/QUOTE]

i loved zant and we need more characters like him (just make the fight harder than he was) ! skyward sword had a differint enemy and the series should continue that trend

I'm borrowing ZombiU and I'm really enjoying it. If I didn't have a WiiU already, I would get this bundle.

[quote name='bonesawisready']Why would you burn down a third party's HQ to get a Sony console? That makes no sense.

On topic: Whoops, I guess I'm assuming it comes to America too. I suppose it isn't 100% but I would think it would, just maybe not 2/17.[/QUOTE]

Hatred of Activision. :D I'd also do it for a sandwich.

[quote name='georox']Hatred of Activision. I'd also do it for a sandwich.[/QUOTE]

Oh so you're just being silly and random? Sorry I thought you might have half serious. Sorry long day for me.

[quote name='BWeed560']I can wait for this system to hit $199 with mario kart bundle.

The zombie game is very tempting though..lol But then i imagine true next gen zombie games..I will wait.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to wait until 2015 most likely before it hits $199, by that time the rather expensive custom made parts should have dropped in cost allowing major price cuts.

That 34MB eDRAM and custom GPU ain't cheap afterall, not to mention the controller.

Any word on if the ZombiU and Nintendo Land are physical copies or digital downloads?

[quote name='maximumzero']"Mature themed Zelda"?

Really?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he knows about Darksiders II?

Goddammit! I just bought a Wii U about 3 weeks ago. I really could've used the extra controller and the Zombie U. :((

What is the point of the pro controller in the bundle? The bundle doesn't even come with a game that can use it. So, you get the pro controller and set it on a shelf.

[quote name='Hoffer']What is the point of the pro controller in the bundle? The bundle doesn't even come with a game that can use it. So, you get the pro controller and set it on a shelf.[/QUOTE]

Zombi U multiplayer uses it :)

bread's done
Back