New Xbox $119 after rebate at FYE B&M

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
I found this over at DVDtalk

"Xbox just $119.99 after $30 MIR at B&M fye locations!

Starts on Tuesday the 30th

New low price on the system is $149.99 and fye will be offering a $30 Mail in rebate on the system."

A manager at the store confirmed it. Also I bought my xbox from FYE last summer and got the same rebate, so it doesnt surprise me.

I hope it is not against forum rules to post this here:

I have 2 store credit slips that are good at any FYE/Coconuts/Strawberries location. One is for $148.77 and the other is for $152.03. I don't plan on using them and would prefer to turn them into cash. I will sell them for $130 and $135 respectively. So if you are going to buy an Xbox at FYE, this will save you another $18 or so. PM me if you're interested.

Again, I hope this doesn't violate forum rules. I wasn't sure where else to post this.

Oh, I just thought I would add, if you pick up one of these be sure to bring in any of your old cheap games to see what you can get for them. I made a killing at fye getting like 3xs the value on some games compared to Gamestop. Ive notice they give 8+ for even the crappiest old games.

[quote name='starman9000']Oh, I just thought I would add, if you pick up one of these be sure to bring in any of your old cheap games to see what you can get for them. I made a killing at fye getting like 3xs the value on some games compared to Gamestop. Ive notice they give 8+ for even the crappiest old games.[/quote]

Its just like blockbuster. Thier just trying to build up stock

wow thats great! Xbox $149.99 - $30 rebate - $25 giftcertificate to mall = XBOX for $94.99!

I will be at FYE on lunch break.

I'm Rick James Bitch.

Is there an ad for this? I would like to PM this at another store and hopefully get the Xbox at $119.99 without the rebate.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']My Xbox is giving me headaches also.
MS needs to match Sony's DRE repair policy.[/quote]

They do, give them a call.

has anyone confirmed this?
I've called 2 FYE's and their employees do not yet know of any $30 mail-in rebate on top of the xbox price reduction. if you can point me in the direction of a scan of the rebate, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

thanks.

Picked mine up today, with rebate. Evidentally, there was a download this morning - Xbox will ring up as $180 with a $30 coupon and is eligible for the $30 rebate. The manager had to go through the paperwork for the details, as I got there when they opened.

I already have an Xbox but I told a buddy at work about it and we went down to Fye's at lunchtime...he picked one up, 149.99 and the $30 rebate.....BUT, BE CAREFUL! The first rebate form they gave him was for $30 off for purchases starting 4/2....when he asked, we waiting about 10 minutes for them to bring up the correct rebate which was a photocopy, that has the correct date. They'd probably have tried to shaft him out of his $30 if he wasn't careful. Anyway, it's a great deal and my friend is very happy. FYI this was the 6th avenue & 52nd street store, they could have had more in the back but after he bought his there were only 3 more that I saw on display.

I just went to FYE and bought this!! They also had an exhibition disk for $1, so I picked that up too! I walked into EB with the xbox, and the manager was pretty pissed off, I said " hey if you had the rebate I would bought from you!" No sense wasting 30 bucks!!

It was a Samsung DVD Drive too! Can't get much better than that!!

Also, my local gamestop had buy 2 get 1 free on used games, so I picked up Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Tony Hawk 4, and got Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance for free! They also let me use my 10% off card, which came out to a really sweet deal....

i just wanted to confirm this deal.

i picked up my xbox for 149.99 + 30 mail in rebate today.

i also got tetris worlds, clone wars and a voodoo vince demo disk for FREE with the xbox. the free stuff is YMMV and 'while supplies last'.

this was at FYE in brunswick square mall, NJ

Just picked mine up today. BTW, FYE DOES GIVE great buy back prices for games and anime dvds. I got about $8 for Red Faction (the FIRST one) among other things that I don't play or watch anymore for a whopping $68 in credit (I did trade in a Serial Experiments Lain Box Set for $30).

So basically I got an Xbox for $60. Booyaaka!!

When does this deal end? I was planning to buy one, but since Easter is coming up my parents are going to buy it for me instead. Can I wait till Fri/Sat to get it or would it be over by then?

[quote name='yodawgyo']When does this deal end? I was planning to buy one, but since Easter is coming up my parents are going to buy it for me instead. Can I wait till Fri/Sat to get it or would it be over by then?[/quote]

the $30 XBox rebate form I have from FYE states that the receipt needs to be dated 3/30/2004 through 4/28/2004, so you have quite a while to get in on this deal.

but...

if you get it this week, depending on which store (FYE, Coconuts, or Strawberries) you buy it from, you can get the XBox, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, and the DVD remote for a total of $150 (including the $30 XBox rebate and the $20 SC: PT rebate).

as Coconuts and Strawberries are affiliates of FYE, you may be able to get the XBox at one store, and get the game and remote at another, though YMMV on that. also, might be worth asking if the store has extra copies of the Tetris/SW: Clone Wars game and get that for free as well.

btw, if anyone would be able to pick up an extra SC: PT $20 rebate form and mail it to me, I'd really appreciate it. the Coconuts here in CT didn't have that particular promotion going on.

Thanks for the heads up. I was getting one anyway and this deal was way too sweet to pass up. I'm beyond cheap ass, I'm a tight ass.

Does anyone know if this deal is good only instore? If my local FYE doesn't have any xbox systems in stock, I wonder if I could order one from fye.com and then mail in a rebate for from one of the B&M stores.....
Anyone know?

[quote name='jshawnd']Does anyone know if the $30 rebate also applies to the Halo Bundle coming out tomorrow?[/quote]

i went to get an XB today at FYE, and they didn't even have the Halo edition. They looked at me like i was a moron when i asked about it, so chances are they won't be getting it...

bread's done
Back