New Xbox 360 120gb Elite Spring Bundle Halo 3: ODST and Forza 3

kart007k

CAGiversary!
forzaodstbundle_78447_screen.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6253003.html

Amazon Link.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Elit..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267823632&sr=8-1

[quote name='PezRadar']I'm hearing that GS's may have this today..[/QUOTE]

i really hope so, i want to take advantage of the bonus trade in for hardware before it expires on the 14th, which is amazon's release..

[quote name='PezRadar']I'm hearing that GS's may have this today..[/QUOTE]

I'll be making some calls after my tests are through. Out of curiosity, what is your source?

[quote name='Jonsoncao']oh nice to see finally M$ adds HDMI cable to this bundle...[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something here? I don't see that mentioned anywhere except for the "recommendations" section that mentions it along with an adaptor, points card, etc.

Looks like still just the standard def composite A/V cables.

I still have a console without an HDMI port and has been to Texas about 9 times from launch to now..... Depending on my bank account before the trade in offer is up, I'm getting the 2010 bundle :hot:, an arcade :cry:, or the splinter cell bundle :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:. Unless things pick up for me or I hit the lotto tomorrow it's looking like an arcade. :-({|=

That's still better than nothing though so I'm jolly no matter what I end up getting, unless it blows up when I open the box.....

I just went to Gamestop, of course the guy never heard of the bundle. Why I even try anymore is beyond me.

[quote name='mva5580']I just went to Gamestop, of course the guy never heard of the bundle. Why I even try anymore is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

I just called a couple local Gamestops. After I mentioned that ODST and Forza were bundled with the 360 he just had one of those "what the heck is this guy on" voices. I'm thinking about just trading everything in for an Elite and keeping it sealed until the bundle arrives.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Trade in these games ASAP![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure this is true, look at the fable2/halo3 combo, that's still going for nearly $20 per game. yes it's true for marvel alliance/forza2, indianajones/kungfupanda, might be true for lego batman/pure. but these two games are tons hotter than any combo so far. you might be right, but it's certainly not certain.

What, did MS make a mistake on this bundle or something?

Edit: just saw the post last page over.

Last edited by a moderator:
well it says on amazon that it is coming out on march 14 so im thinking tha there not releasing it till the 14th of march everywhere

[quote name='Techman16']well it says on amazon that it is coming out on march 14 so im thinking tha there not releasing it till the 14th of march everywhere[/QUOTE]

The release date is today, March 9th. Amazon will have them in stock on the 14th as I'm guessing they sold all that they had already.

I checked at a local GS. They hadn't heard of this bundle but after checking the computer he said there was a new spring bundle listed. He couldn't get any more details then that. He suggested to check back in a day or two.

I was told by a buddy of mine who is a manager at the local Fry's that the bundle begins shipping from Microsoft on the 9th so give it a day or two.

[quote name='AxleHead']I was told by a buddy of mine who is a manager at the local Fry's that the bundle begins shipping from Microsoft on the 9th so give it a day or two.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll check some GameStops on Friday.

[quote name='equest943']Whoa. If I had money I'd be all over that and would sell my current 20GB in a heartbeat. Oh well. Maybe some mother time.[/QUOTE]

Best Freudian slip ever.

[quote name='entaius']Any idea what chipset this thing is running?[/QUOTE]

Probably Jasper. The next chipset is "rumored" to shrink the size of the xbox360.
If there were more substantial rumors on a xbox360 SLIM I'd wait and get the PS3 now instead of an new 360.

[quote name='tigerpants']I'm not sure this is true, look at the fable2/halo3 combo, that's still going for nearly $20 per game. yes it's true for marvel alliance/forza2, indianajones/kungfupanda, might be true for lego batman/pure. but these two games are tons hotter than any combo so far. you might be right, but it's certainly not certain.[/QUOTE]

True but remember that Halo3/Fable2 were only in a $400 elite bundle at a time when the $300 Pro had a 60gb hdd with Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda was out. There wasn't a whole lot of incentive to even buy the elite over the pro at the time for that price difference. I doubt comparatively they sold many units.

I can't believe they'd just give out their 2 biggest exclusives from 2009 but I guess at this point pretty much everyone already owns a 360.

So, will this be a yearly trend, where M$ will put out weak bundles during Christmas (i.e. pure/Lego) and the spring bundles are there top exclusive games.

If so then next spring the bundle most likely will be Fable III and Halo Reach.

[quote name='kart007k']So, will this be a yearly trend, where M$ will put out weak bundles during Christmas (i.e. pure/Lego) and the spring bundles are there top exclusive games.

If so then next spring the bundle most likely will be Fable III and Halo Reach.[/QUOTE]

Or Lego Harry Potter/[Insert Random Kid Movie Game Here]

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I wonder if it's going to actually include the 2nd disc. I'm betting it's going to have ODST only and no Halo 3 Multiplayer disc.[/QUOTE]

Why? ODST is the campaign, firefight, and H3 MP. The H3 MP isn't a bonus or anything; it's part of the game.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I wonder if it's going to actually include the 2nd disc. I'm betting it's going to have ODST only and no Halo 3 Multiplayer disc.[/QUOTE]

That would just be silly. I don't think I've ever heard of a bundle only including part of a game. I'm pretty sure if ODST only included campaign someone would have made a note of it. The bundle is live on Amazon and Microsoft's web page and neither site mention only part of the game being included.

[quote name='entaius']My GS is getting it tomorrow. Bout time I traded in my time bomb for a jasper unit. good games to boot![/QUOTE]

question redacted as I found the price on the trade in thread. Unfortunately there isn't a good way that I can find to get this information on hardware like there used to be with the wiki.

Trade in value for current systems is:

Core unit + wired controller - $70 (1/20/10)
Core unit + wireless controller - $90
(3/10/10)
20 GB HD - $12 (3/11/10)
60 GB HD - $17 (11/24/09)
120 GB HD - $35
(3/11/10)

They do have the extra $30 going on right now though if you get a new system.

Last edited by a moderator:
The splinter cell bundle looks mighty attractive also. I have a ps3 so forza would be worthless to me. That and I'm not a halo fan

GameStop TIV for a 360 should be ~$70-80 for a bare bones unit with a controller. Not too sure though, check out the TIV thread/tool!

If you can, try to wait for a hardware bonus where you'll get an additional $20-30.

[quote name='pROvIs']question redacted as I found the price on the trade in thread. Unfortunately there isn't a good way that I can find to get this information on hardware like there used to be with the wiki.

Trade in value for current systems is:

Core unit + wired controller - $70 (1/20/10)
Core unit + wireless controller - $90
(3/10/10)
20 GB HD - $12 (3/11/10)
60 GB HD - $17 (11/24/09)
120 GB HD - $35
(3/11/10)

They do have the extra $30 going on right now though if you get a new system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my guy quoted me $120 with the new HW bonus. Also trading some chatpads, plug and play kits, and some mics... all that will get 25% more with that coupon that's floating around. Basically looking at $120 out of pocket for me...

[quote name='ProggleRock']Why? ODST is the campaign, firefight, and H3 MP. The H3 MP isn't a bonus or anything; it's part of the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UberSwiss']That would just be silly. I don't think I've ever heard of a bundle only including part of a game. I'm pretty sure if ODST only included campaign someone would have made a note of it. The bundle is live on Amazon and Microsoft's web page and neither site mention only part of the game being included.[/QUOTE]

Halo 3:ODST is 2 discs at retail. Disc 1: Halo 3:ODST, Disc 2: Halo 3 MP. It's not out of the realm of possibility that you'll only get disc 1. Think of all the bundles released. They're packaged in a 2 disc case. So unless we're getting 2 full retail games, I'd expect ODST to be semi-crippled.

Also remember F3 is also 2 discs but Disc 2 is content only. So they would need to redesign the internal packaging to squeeze in 2 Games (4 Discs total)

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Halo 3:ODST is 2 discs at retail. Disc 1: Halo 3:ODST, Disc 2: Halo 3 MP. It's not out of the realm of possibility that you'll only get disc 1. Think of all the bundles released. They're packaged in a 2 disc case. So unless we're getting 2 full retail games, I'd expect ODST to be semi-crippled.

Also remember F3 is also 2 discs but Disc 2 is content only. So they would need to redesign the internal packaging to squeeze in 2 Games (4 Discs total)[/QUOTE]

It's conceivable that they just stuffed two cases inside the box. They might have removed the 2nd disc, but I think that might upset some customers.

That is a great bundle though!

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Halo 3:ODST is 2 discs at retail. Disc 1: Halo 3:ODST, Disc 2: Halo 3 MP. It's not out of the realm of possibility that you'll only get disc 1. Think of all the bundles released. They're packaged in a 2 disc case. So unless we're getting 2 full retail games, I'd expect ODST to be semi-crippled.

Also remember F3 is also 2 discs but Disc 2 is content only. So they would need to redesign the internal packaging to squeeze in 2 Games (4 Discs total)[/QUOTE]

Halo 3 ODST is included period It's not Halo 3ODST -LITE. Just read the info on the console it tells you, that you are getting the Halo ODST 3 game.

Halo ODST 3 game=single play and multiplayer.

Looks like my GameStop's will have it "within a week." Hopefully it will turn up tomorrow. I just finished my mid-terms and am now on spring break. Sadly I'm dying without my Xbox :(

[quote name='padlok']Halo 3 ODST is included period It's not Halo 3ODST -LITE. Just read the info on the console it tells you, that you are getting the Halo ODST 3 game.

Halo ODST 3 game=single play and multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Your logic sounds correct but the ODST game (Campaign & Firefight) are on Disc 1. The only Halo content on Disc 2 is the original Halo 3 (NOT ODST) Multiplayer. So there is always the chance that Disc 1 is the only item included. We can't say that for certainty until we actually see the contents in the box. So until then it's all just speculation.

I'm in the market for another 360 (for another bedroom) and this bundle gives me more bang for my buck, but I already have Forza III and I can't stand the Halo series. So I'm trying to picture how I'd get rid of my "Promotional Items" and "that possibility" of having one Disc on ODST changes how I could sell it.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Your logic sounds correct but the ODST game (Campaign & Firefight) are on Disc 1. The only Halo content on Disc 2 is the original Halo 3 (NOT ODST) Multiplayer. So there is always the chance that Disc 1 is the only item included. We can't say that for certainty until we actually see the contents in the box. So until then it's all just speculation.

I'm in the market for another 360 (for another bedroom) and this bundle gives me more bang for my buck, but I already have Forza III and I can't stand the Halo series. So I'm trying to picture how I'd get rid of my "Promotional Items" and "that possibility" of having one Disc on ODST changes how I could sell it.[/QUOTE]

I understand your argument, but multiple sources have already claimed there are two discs.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77247
Product description describes disc 2 with Halo 3 maps

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
Product description lists the "standard edition" of ODST. The 2 disc set is sold as the standard edition.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360elitesystem/default.htm
Does not mention only including part of the game.

[quote name='UberSwiss']I understand your argument, but multiple sources have already claimed there are two discs.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77247
Product description describes disc 2 with Halo 3 maps

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
Product description lists the "standard edition" of ODST. The 2 disc set is sold as the standard edition.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360elitesystem/default.htm
Does not mention only including part of the game.[/QUOTE]

These are retailers descriptions. Until I personally see an unboxing of any kind this is my assumption. I'm not saying anyone's wrong. I'm just saying it "could" be crippled.

bread's done
Back