New Xbox 360 120gb Elite Spring Bundle Halo 3: ODST and Forza 3

kart007k

CAGiversary!
forzaodstbundle_78447_screen.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6253003.html

Amazon Link.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Elit..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267823632&sr=8-1

I was expecting it to be a bit more silent, but it's still a nice drop off from my refurbished model. Whenever I tried to watch an HD DVD on my old unit the Xbox would be so loud that I had to turn my TV way up on non-action sequences.

Can't wait to get mine. Ordered two off of Amazon Marketplace for 178.99 and 203.99 shipped!

Sounds too good to be true. But we'll see.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Anyone else find their unit to still be quite loud? I've had an original chipset since about 2007 and always found it to be annoying so I was excited for something quieter but it doesn't seem to me that this one is.[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy this particular bundle, but the FFXIII 360 system I picked up is still loud, but much better than my current 360.

My 360 I use (manufactured in 2008, Falcon chipset) sounds like a combination between a band-saw and a grinder when a disc is playing. The new 360 I just took out to test to see if things work sounds like a handheld vacuum cleaner. Quite an improvement!

[quote name='superdry']I didn't buy this particular bundle, but the FFXIII 360 system I picked up is still loud, but much better than my current 360.

My 360 I use (manufactured in 2008, Falcon chipset) sounds like a combination between a band-saw and a grinder when a disc is playing. The new 360 I just took out to test to see if things work sounds like a handheld vacuum cleaner. Quite an improvement![/QUOTE]

Does anyone know why it's so damn loud?

I really want to get Forza 3, but don't want to pay $70 for retail right now. I have seen some copies for a bit cheaper on ebay, but I'm just wondering if it's going to come in a GOTY version 2 days after I buy it with tons of included DLC that I'll be missing out on.

Further, I read the first 3-4 pages of this thread, but not the rest: Did anyone get the bundle, and how is the packaging for the games? I have someone willing to sell it to me (just the games, he had them already) but the games are sealed, and since I haven't bought it yet, I'm not going to ask him to open it in case it's only 2 discs with DLC Codes like with GOW2: GOTY.

I'm just wondering if I'm getting 4 discs or 2 with codes. 4 discs being much better of course. Codes are one-time use only.

Thanks for helping.

The loud noise comes from the DVD-ROM drive reading the disc or when the fans kick in. I've noticed both to be less loud with newer 360s.

[quote name='drthkid']The loud noise comes from the DVD-ROM drive reading the disc or when the fans kick in. I've noticed both to be less loud with newer 360s.[/QUOTE]

I just got one of the newer ones from the Winter (Lego Batman/Pure) Bundle and it's frelling LOUD. I remember the "airplane taking off" fans from my previous one, but the disc drive on this one is insane.

When I was playing Mass Effect 1 it sounded like I was sodomizing a duck.

[quote name='bitzer']I just got one of the newer ones from the Winter (Lego Batman/Pure) Bundle and it's frelling LOUD. I remember the "airplane taking off" fans from my previous one, but the disc drive on this one is insane.

When I was playing Mass Effect 1 it sounded like I was sodomizing a duck.[/QUOTE]

Now the question is, how do you know what sodomizing a duck sounds like? hahaha. :p

[quote name='zillionandnine']Now the question is, how do you know what sodomizing a duck sounds like? hahaha. :p[/QUOTE]

8-[ Did I say "sodomizing a duck?"

er... I meant "playing duckhunt!" 8-[

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Gamestop is offering the new Spring Bundle Xbox 360 Elite (with Forza 3 & Halo ODST) as part of their Game Days sale that starts 3/26. You get a $50 gift card when you buy it for $299.99.

Just saw an ad on TV, and it is also on the front page of gamestop.com now.

It might be worth a return/rebuy for those of you that recently picked one of these up from Gamestop.

I might stop in when they start the sale and see if they will price adjust my receipt. If I'm reading the receipt correctly, I can pack up the 360 and exchange it for a new one? Seems like a big hassle, but it might be worth it for a $50 gift card.

Edit: I just e-mailed them to see if they could just apply the credit to my Edge card. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
My gamestop hooked it up. I bought my bundle last week and I call the gamestop where I purchased the bundle, to see if they will offer me the gift card. They told me to bring the box in and did a return and rebuy for me. In addition to the $50 giftcard, I also received an extra $4 because the system was charged for $249.99 rather than the msrp.

[quote name='chanster']My gamestop hooked it up. I bought my bundle last week and I call the gamestop where I purchased the bundle, to see if they will offer me the gift card. They told me to bring the box in and did a return and rebuy for me. In addition to the $50 giftcard, I also received an extra $4 because the system was charged for $249.99 rather than the msrp.[/QUOTE]

Haha, the exact same thing happened to me. Got an extra 3.8x for the difference in tax. I didn't even have to bring in my system but I called first to hook it up so YMMV.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Haha, the exact same thing happened to me. Got an extra 3.8x for the difference in tax. I didn't even have to bring in my system but I called first to hook it up so YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Well, GameStop replied to me with their return policy, word for word, after they told me they wouldn't be able to do it.

I went ahead and called my local GS and the guy called his DM and got the OK. I'm heading there now.

This is a pretty awesome bundle. It's too bad I got a PS3 a few months back and have a backlog of games for it, can't afford to buy another console and set of exclusives. Great Bundle though, anyone who's thinking of buying a 360 should definitely go for it

I think I'll have to byte on this GS deal, this week I just sent in my pro system to be repaired . I'm assuming this Elite model is more reliable than the old 20gb pro system (I had a 60gb HS on it)?

I just got this deal at bestbuy.com. It did cost me $10 more in shipping charges vs gamestop but the 50 gift card from bestbuy is better than from gamestop which is just for games. This bundle is bomb and such a great deal with the $50 giftcard. I cant wait to get on xbox live again and cant wait for the halo reach beta and halo reach launch! Plus the new splinter cell comes out in a couple weeks, looks bomb. Im happy to be a 360 owner again thanks to this bundle and the gift card. Ill be on halo odst this week when my 360 arrives. :)

Just picked up ODST and Forza for $45. Pretty good deal, methinks. I need ODST for the Reach beta in a month, but I wanted to wait until it dropped to about $30, but Forza looks pretty sweet, so I bit.

I wanted to add, I was able to get the gift card from gamestop. Bought the 360 two weeks ago. Didn't have much of a problem.

I just wanna add sumthin in here as far as reliability. If you add the Intercooler to your 360 you will have a 99% longer lasting system. I almost gaurantee you will not ring if you add the Intercooler. They are 20 bucks.

Yes it is ridiculous that you need to pay even more money when it should just work right in the first place but honestly. Do this and say goodbye to your problems. At least this has worked for me and a ton of my friends. Sorry if it doesn't work but seriously with as much success that so many people have had with them I had to share =)

Oh and they aren't too loud at first but after about 6 months or so the fans get super loud and obnoxious but it goes back to normal after roughly 10 min of being on. Goofy but it works brilliantly. No rings for 4 years!!!

I too was able to bring in a receipt and my box to get a 50 dollar gift card. Turned around and grabbed MW2. 300 bucks for ODST, Forza, and MW2 is a pretty sweet bundle :)

[quote name='flames23']I really want to get Forza 3, but don't want to pay $70 for retail right now. I have seen some copies for a bit cheaper on ebay, but I'm just wondering if it's going to come in a GOTY version 2 days after I buy it with tons of included DLC that I'll be missing out on.

Further, I read the first 3-4 pages of this thread, but not the rest: Did anyone get the bundle, and how is the packaging for the games? I have someone willing to sell it to me (just the games, he had them already) but the games are sealed, and since I haven't bought it yet, I'm not going to ask him to open it in case it's only 2 discs with DLC Codes like with GOW2: GOTY.

I'm just wondering if I'm getting 4 discs or 2 with codes. 4 discs being much better of course. Codes are one-time use only.

Thanks for helping.[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same. Are 4 discs included in the Forza/Halo combo pack?

[quote name='Purkeynator']Wondering the same. Are 4 discs included in the Forza/Halo combo pack?[/QUOTE]

Yepppp 4, discs in one case, and ya the intercooler is just a gimmick and waste of money unless you use your 360 all day long

i ordered mine from amazon on 3/23 and im still waiting for the thing to ship :(.... they did manage to charge/send the gift card

bread's done
Back