New Xbox 360 bundle revealed (includes Modern Warfare 2 and 250GB hard drive)

RBH

CAGiversary!
500x_mwbundle.jpg

500x_mwbundle2.jpg

3921162223_1c53a19a5c.jpg

3921943100_b79dea4d7c.jpg

Microsoft announced at a press event in Los Angeles today that, to commemorate the release of the game, they'll be releasing a brand new model of the Xbox 360 based on Modern Warfare 2.

This new console will be black, with Modern Warfare 2 branding, and will also come packing a 250GB HDD a copy of the game and two wireless controllers. It'll be $399, and is apparently already available for preorder.

More details to come.

http://kotaku.com/5360377/microsoft-releasing-250gb-xbox-360-for-modern-warfare-2

$399 for two controllers, modern warfare 2, 250 gb hard drive, and a custom console? if that price is what it is going to be, i think it will be a great deal.

That is a sweet deal.

Wonder how "Limited" it really is?

If you don't have a 360 and are thinking of getting the elite I would wait. What will be the biggest game of this holiday and extra controller and a 250 GB hard drive... Done.

and to think if you got a 360 on release day you paid $399 for a single controller, no games and a 20 GB hard drive

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']$399 for two controllers, modern warfare 2, 250 gb hard drive, and a custom console? if that price is what it is going to be, i think it will be a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with you...That is actually a pretty good deal, taking in consideration the extra controller and the game, that's alone a $100 value , and the extra space...anyone looking for an extra 360 maybe would bite on that...

[quote name='The 7th Number']I want one bad....only thing is i dont have a job. :([/QUOTE]

Same.

The worst/hardest part is that I can't sell my 360 to help pay for this because I'd need to do the HDD transfer.

I'm tempted to gather a ton of games and start trading them into Amazon, then just sell off my old (ish) 360 Arcade + 120 HDD.

I'm beyond a sucker for limited edition systems. I kicked myself for missing the Halo 3 system, I kicked myself harder for missing the RE5 bundle... I may have to make this one happen.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']according to the time stamps, this was posted 6 minutes before the other thread.... and i dont see where it should be posted in the deals forum as it is msrp.... maybe just me though, its a great deal imo. but it is still msrp[/QUOTE]Good point, I just noticed the time stamps on the post, and this one is older, yes.

It's a good deal, and even though it's MSRP, it's worth more than the MSRP prices with the items in the bundle, which makes it a deal.

Hmm, with a trade in deal for my old box this would be very tempting as I am running out of space on my launch 20gb. Thanks OP!

Edit: I wonder when or if GS will have some kind of console trade in deal, probably won't happen until a week before it comes out, by then it'll probably be too late

[quote name='Halo05']Same.

The worst/hardest part is that I can't sell my 360 to help pay for this because I'd need to do the HDD transfer.

I'm tempted to gather a ton of games and start trading them into Amazon, then just sell off my old (ish) 360 Arcade + 120 HDD.

I'm beyond a sucker for limited edition systems. I kicked myself for missing the Halo 3 system, I kicked myself harder for missing the RE5 bundle... I may have to make this one happen.[/QUOTE]

sell the system and hdd separately.

Code:
$180 - Xbox Arcade @ Dell
$20> - Headset
$10> - Network cable @ Monoprice
$50 - MW2 (w/ Gold Box + ECA or some other deal, you can pull it off)
$30 - Controller
$110 for the 250GB HDD. I'd advise people considering this to do the above and get a hard drive from eBay etc. (I got a genuine MS 120 GB for $65) Also, think really hard about how to fill that 250GB. I'm still 60GB short of filling my hard drive, despite my best efforts.

[quote name='Doomed']
Code:
$180 - Xbox Arcade @ Dell
$20> - Headset
$10> - Network cable @ Monoprice
$50 - MW2 (w/ Gold Box + ECA or some other deal, you can pull it off)
$30 - Controller
$110 for the 250GB HDD. I'd advise people considering this to do the above and get a hard drive from eBay etc. (I got a genuine MS 120 GB for $65) Also, think really hard about how to fill that 250GB. I'm still 60GB short of filling my hard drive, despite my best efforts.[/QUOTE]
Ebay is the way to go for new HDDs

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I think I might have to buy a hard drive sometime soon, got two xbox live cards collecting dusk. Anyone know if they expire?[/QUOTE]
Check if the card has an end date on the back of it. If not, you're good. :)

I definitely need a new HDD soon, I've only got a little over a gig left on my 20gb, but damn 250gb would be overkill. I plan on either buying a 120 or getting a new elite and there's no way I'd fill 120gb when I'm finally inching up on 20gb with about 100 XBLA games on it.

I was on the hunt for a Resident Evil 5 xbox360 bundle because it has the jasper chipset. Good thing i never did and this one got announced!

I need another Xbox360 at the house since the GF nags and nags that i hog the 360 and wants her own.

Upgrade for me!. Hand me down for her. :applause:

What is with all of the bad looking MW2 stuff? The Madcatz controllers are awful looking and this console isn't any better.

[quote name='Halo05']
I'm beyond a sucker for limited edition systems. I kicked myself for missing the Halo 3 system, I kicked myself harder for missing the RE5 bundle... I may have to make this one happen.[/QUOTE]

The RE5 360 bundle is currently available new at GameCrazy for $299. Quantities are limited, and varies by store. You may want to call ahead or check with Scorch on this.

Does anyone know if you have to fully pay this off upon preorder from Amazon?

My friend is looking to buy one, but he is going to be in training to go overseas for 3 weeks and won't have money until afterwards.

Anyway I can turn all of this into the $430.00 at GS I would need to buy one of these?

I have that I could get rid of or already reserved at Gamestop:

Reserved CoD:MW2 Hardened Edition-$85.00 with GS credit

X-Box 360 Console(pre-HDMI) with component hookups and wireless controller

120 GB Hard Drive

3 extra wireless controllers

[quote name='Mospeada_21']The RE5 360 bundle is currently available new at GameCrazy for $299. Quantities are limited, and varies by store. You may want to call ahead or check with Scorch on this.[/QUOTE]

Alas, I don't live in a Gamecrazy-enabled area.

Honestly (and this happens all the time with me), as time has passed, I've come to realize that I can survive without this console. My self-kicking is fading. I'll be happy enough with my fancy ODST controller :p

A few weeks ago I saw on an IGN video that Microsoft had a new "Uber Elite" 360 in the works with a 250GB HDD. From the sounds of things that was all that was different and it would be at this same price. I guess this is it and they just made it MW 2 related. I would have thought that it would have come with the hardened edition of the game. I would like to get a new 360 with a larger HDD as I have the old pro that came with the 20GB HDD and I think it is starting to fail on me. However I don't have the money with all the stuff I just had to spend money on in the past few weeks. I guess I will hold out till mine dies on me.

[quote name='Pecan']Does anyone know if you have to fully pay this off upon preorder from Amazon?

My friend is looking to buy one, but he is going to be in training to go overseas for 3 weeks and won't have money until afterwards.[/QUOTE]
If you pre-order from Amazon, you won't have to pay until the item ships.

I really want this but what happens if it breaks and you have to send it in. Do they fix and give you the same one back, or trade it with another CODMW2 style xbox? Id hate to have mine break, send it in, and get a regular black elite back.

It appears that the Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Special Edition Console
will not come with the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable that the other
Elite Editions have always come with.

Here's the LINK to the article.

For those ordering or thinking of ordering, this might be useful to know.

[quote name='Ronzilla']It appears that the Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Special Edition Console
will not come with the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable that the other
Elite Editions have always come with.

Here's the LINK to the article.

For those ordering or thinking of ordering, this might be useful to know.[/QUOTE]

That is why I'm swapping out the cable that came with my OG 20 GB system plus the person I'm giving my 20 GB to doesn't have an HDTV.

Yeah when I opened my elite I knew it wasn't going to have an HDMI cable or the nice audio adapter it originally came with (which didn't matter since I was already using HDMI and made myself an adapter to use optical audio with my pro), but to only come with composite cables? Why do they even sell any of them with plain composite cables anyway? Why did they even make them...

Anyway, I sold them along with my old pro since that person didn't care, so they won't haunt my dreams.

MS just loses so much money on Xbox they're cheaping it up as much as possible with the price drop - the old power brick had metal on the connector, now it's all plastic; used to come with 8-pin (unnecessary anyway) ethernet cable, now it's 4-pin and feels cheap (and looks shorter, though I never measured it). Those were changed in the last round, and now the elites have those downgrades plus not being able to output HD out of the box, which is kind of ridiculous, especially for the "elite" console that's supposed to be the top of the line.

bread's done
Back