New Xbox 360

Bob A. Booey

CAG Veteran
Hi everybody,

Unfortunately some ruffians burglarized my apartment on Friday and stole my tv, Xbox 360, and stuff that is actually important.

I'm picking up the pieces and want to get a new Xbox 360.

I keep hearing about a new model being released soon, should I hold out on buying a new rig?

Will better deals be coming down the line soon? Are they already out there?

The best deal I've seen recently was a 60$ gift card with the purchase of an Elite, think this is the best I'll do?

Thanks.

Don't make the same mistake, use the opportunity to upgrade to a Wii or PS3. The thieves suck but they did a favor. Hope you get the important stuff back too.

Sorry about your break-in...that sucks.

Trolling and general stupidy aside, there's rumor the 120GB is getting phased out, replaced with 250GB elites. Maybe somebody else can offer insight on chipset rumors. Been very happy with my Jasper, but maybe something more silent is in the works.

Retailers, $60 gift card is the best offer I've seen post holidays, and Dell usually has the best bottomline price. Costco is another option - you won't get a major discount or freebie, but the lifetime satisfaction warranty gives you hasslefree flexibility to return when that next version is released (no replacement plan).

It's only going to continue to get cheaper and stores will offer even better deals (whether through price drops or game pack-ins). I'd wait for awhile if there's nothing you're dying to play (ME2, Alan Wake, FF13, etc).

Towards the end of the year we'll definitely see a bundle with Natal packed in (maybe a new model/chipset?). Doubt you wanna wait that long, though.

Who's trolling? I was trying to help the guy and some fool erases my post. He should take this time to move away from the 360 like everyone else is. Start over with something better like a Wii or PS3. He won't regret it.

But if you're all against actually helping...

[quote name='DPsx7']Who's trolling? I was trying to help the guy and some fool erases my post. He should take this time to move away from the 360 like everyone else is. Start over with something better like a Wii or PS3. He won't regret it.

But if you're all against actually helping...[/QUOTE]

Obviously he wants another 360 as that's what he's asking. Maybe try not to force your opinions on others. And your signature even shows your trolling ways. :whistle2:|

bread's done
Back