New Xbox console - best bundle deal?

Drakken

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
My first Xbox is fragged - it does the infamous red/green blinking light thing. Since it's out of warranty, it would cost $80 + shipping to have Microsoft fix it. I'd rather buy a new one.

So, I know a new console is $150 everywhere, but does anyone sell it with 1 or 2 games, or are there no bundles currently? I'd be getting a warranty too, so if there's any way to get a cheap deal on that; that would be great.

I don't know about a price drop; Microsoft's already losing a good bit of money at the $150 price point. I'm not going to wait to buy one, though, price drop or no price drop.

Thanks, guys.

Well... does it DRE in the middle of gameplay? What I am asking is if you can boot up the game and play it for a couple of minutes? Or is it completely FUBAR'ed?

When I bought an XBox in 02, I bought a used one. It started giving me DRE's on brand new sealed games... so I took it to Game Crazy and got like $120 trade in credit, then spent the extra $$$ to buy a brand new one. Game Crazy booted up the system and everything worked fine. (Needless to say when they turned it on I was praying to god that it worked alright for them)

Then after I asked to buy a new system they gave me a few funny looks. I just acted like a little spoiled kid that gets tired with old things and needs new ones every 2 months. It worked... and I got 12 free rentals too :) Ever since I got the new one in 2002, I haven't had 1 single DRE.

~Jon

EB will give you $100 for a system with 3 games now. I would trade it in and buy a new one, they probably won't care that you are buying the same thing you just sold (they didn't with me).

On a side not, I wish Microsoft would offer free repairs like Sony does (I've actually had many more problems with XBOXs).

[quote name='dracula']i thought MS did offer to fix broken xboxes? my xbox hasnt had any problems so i guess i have been lucky[/QUOTE]

If it is within the warranty time limit.... if not, they charge you a pretty penny.

www.costco.com

They have THREE bundles online. One is a Halo2 bundle....comes with Halo2 and controller. ESPN bundle...comes with two ESPN games (and controller I believe). They also have KOTOR bundle (comes with game/guide/controller)

Also note that the new Xbox consoles have problems displaying certain games in 480p like Panzer Dragoon, Gunvalkyrie, Fable, etc.

[quote name='doubledown']www.costco.com

They have THREE bundles online. One is a Halo2 bundle....comes with Halo2 and controller. ESPN bundle...comes with two ESPN games (and controller I believe). They also have KOTOR bundle (comes with game/guide/controller)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

bread's done
Back