New Xbox debuts on MTV. . .

MaxBiaggi2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/04/11/xbox.mtv.reut/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Microsoft Corp. Monday said it would unveil the next generation of its Xbox video game console in a May 12 special on cable music and entertainment channel MTV.

The unveiling will be a first, as video game companies usually take the wraps off their new consoles at the industry trade show E3 -- which will be held the following week in Los Angeles.

Microsoft said the special would also air in Japan the morning of May 13 and across Europe that evening. Actor Elijah Wood will host the show.

Last week Sony advised it would hold its E3 press conference a few hours before Microsoft's, a break with tradition that some saw as a sign Sony wanted to steal Microsoft's anticipated thunder.

Typical MS, and here's why.

If they unveil it at E3, sure, they'll control the presentation, but where will Joe Shmoe hear about it? From the press. If it debuts on MTV, they control your first impression, they control what you see, and how you see it. Plus they're basically getting a free infomercial in prime time, on a major network.

Plus it'll be an opportunity to harp on their talking points to the general public, "Always connected, Always personalised, and Always in HD".

Oh, and Elijah Wood is short, and will appeal to the Japanese. I think this is an indication that the new Xbox will also be small.

[quote name='dafoomie']Oh, and Elijah Wood is short, and will appeal to the Japanese. I think this is an indication that the new Xbox will also be small.[/QUOTE] :rofl:
:applause:

[quote name='dafoomie']Typical MS, and here's why.

If they unveil it at E3, sure, they'll control the presentation, but where will Joe Shmoe hear about it? From the press. If it debuts on MTV, they control your first impression, they control what you see, and how you see it. Plus they're basically getting a free infomercial in prime time, on a major network.

Plus it'll be an opportunity to harp on their talking points to the general public, "Always connected, Always personalised, and Always in HD".

Oh, and Elijah Wood is short, and will appeal to the Japanese. I think this is an indication that the new Xbox will also be small.[/QUOTE]

Small enough for a hobbit hole or a Japanese apartment.

[quote name='dafoomie']Typical MS, and here's why.

Oh, and Elijah Wood is short, and will appeal to the Japanese. I think this is an indication that the new Xbox will also be small.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of infomercials, that first time slot on G4 after it switches to 'paid programming' (as if the rest were being done for charity) would be a perfect time to rerun this until launch.

MTV come the fuck on. Well, I guess I can't be to mad because I rarely watch cable as it is so I guess this will give me a reason to watch this network.

[quote name='munch']There is this new thing called spell check. . .[/QUOTE]

Will somebody please change the title to read "debuts" before this thread gets hit with a grammar check?

we got some people around here (wont name who) okay gamestop :)

that is saying the XBOX 2 is going to be only 99 to 149 since it will have no hard drive in it. Im like YEA RIGHT good luck finding an XBOX 2 for 99 bucks

*Tempted to make comment about $99 nextbox*...*stifles it*

But yeah I think this was a nice little headfake by M$ on Sony. Tell the world exactly when you're having your press confrence let your opponents make their play to try and steal your thunder then say "oops! did we forget to mention it'll be on MTV as well? HOHOHOHOHO!"

Question is does this mean they're worried or dose it just mean they want to be in the public eye first? I don't think it will have a drastic effect on the japanese market though. I suspect there will be tons of misinformation and over hype from the MTV show as most non gaming media often don't care about being very accurate.

[quote name='slidecage']we got some people around here (wont name who) okay gamestop :)

that is saying the XBOX 2 is going to be only 99 to 149 since it will have no hard drive in it. Im like YEA RIGHT good luck finding an XBOX 2 for 99 bucks[/QUOTE]

Hopefully XBox1's will only be negative 50 bucks then!

[quote name='slidecage']we got some people around here (wont name who) okay gamestop :)

that is saying the XBOX 2 is going to be only 99 to 149 since it will have no hard drive in it. Im like YEA RIGHT good luck finding an XBOX 2 for 99 bucks[/QUOTE]

the way microsoft is luring us now, they will run our wallets dry, and then bill gates true plan will emerge as he buys every home insurance company in the us, then launched the xbox 2, and the defective pruduct sets fire to thousands of homes, but not due to microsoft, but to a wireless virus that runs strait to any apple computer in anyones house, turns off the fan, and next thing you know money maker willie runs away with the cash

:) my mistake They are talking about XBOX falling to 99.99 By e3

they said the new system will be around 299.99 even without the hard drive

(went back to pick up a Used gallop racer for 9.99 and asked again today)

Was wondering where they got the xbox 2 100 bucks info

Sorry again

bread's done
Back