New Xbox Live Kits Starting on Sunday

WAJedi

Banned
I just saw that we got in a bunch of new Xbox live kits today that are not supposed to go out untill the 24th (I think). On the box, they say they are compatible with Xbox 360, so they are trying to cash in by writing that on the box. If I remember right, the only difference was that it game with PGR2 instead of Crimson Skies. The price is still 69.99, so I know this isnt tecnically a deal, but if someone was looking to renew, and already had crimson skies, this might be a good bet. I work at Best Buy by the way, but from the looks of the boxes, they will be everywhere.

Price compare

Thanks. Good news to hear Microsfot is already gearing up for XBOX360 by adding "Compatible with XBOX360" to the packaging, also semi good news bout the game switch. They need to keep it fresh. Atleast once a year, so renewers get a new game.

I may be able to get my hands on a few of the old ones for a lower price. These are all still good for 360 right? If I see some extras I'll let you guys know.

I am wondering with 360 lets say I buy this now. Will that make my live account one of those premiums accounts or would I get screwed and pay a year and not have the premium. IMO I think this is why they revised it. So they people who buy this will automatically get the whole premium live sub. and not just the free one. I think if you log in with your 360 it will know automatically to update you to a premium sub.

the xbox live accounts you buy now are the "Gold" accounts... ie the ones that can play online multiplayer.

i was going to say that it would seem simpler to just renew for $50 using the dashboard... but then i forgot it comes with a free game AND a communicator... too bad I already have PGR2... but i don't need to renew for another half year so here's to hoping there's a different game by then...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Excellent, I needed to renew but didnt want another Crimson:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

For future note, you can always buy yhe 1-year subscription card for $49.99 instead of purchasing another kit for $69.99. Now I realize some people will pay the extra $20 for another headset alone.. since those things are crap. But I just wanted to make sure people were aware of the alternative.

[quote name='Friedle']Are they the new 360 headsets are the same old ones?[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt that it will be an Xbox 360 headset.

[quote name='Friedle']Are they the new 360 headsets are the same old ones?[/QUOTE]

But they ARE compatible with 360 controllers, since they take standard headsets and that's what they are.

I've asked this before, but I don't think its ever been answered. Has it been confirmed that current accounts become Gold accounts at no charge? I know they're not Silver accounts, but has Microsoft ever actually come out and said that they'd be Gold without any price increase or even that Xbox Live is gonna cost the same on 360?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I've asked this before, but I don't think its ever been answered. Has it been confirmed that current accounts become Gold accounts at no charge? I know they're not Silver accounts, but has Microsoft ever actually come out and said that they'd be Gold without any price increase or even that Xbox Live is gonna cost the same on 360?[/QUOTE]
Yes your account will be gold on Xbox 360 if you have a current XBL account that has time left on it.

[quote name='alk3rules']is there i way to just to pay the $50 for 12 months, even though i dont already have an xbox live account[/QUOTE]
Just buy a 12-month subscription card, available at most retailers for $50+tax. Then enter the code in your accounts area to activate it.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Just buy a 12-month subscription card, available at most retailers for $50+tax. Then enter the code in your accounts area to activate it.[/QUOTE]

You could use the GGC at BB to get it for 45+ tax

I've seen the 1 year kits (12 month sub. card, headset & game) on ecost in their clearance section. IIRC it was $50. I picked one up last time I saw it. I figured if I ebayed the headset & Crimson the effective cost was about $35-40. Of course I haven't got around to doing that yet :). But if you have time before you need to renew, just check their clearance every couple of weeks. I believe I've seen it at that price twice in the last year. Of course it's a huge YMMV whether or not they'll show up again.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/countdown/clearance/default.asp

All the game stuff is usually at the very bottom of the page.

[quote name='stocker08']there is also an XBOX live kit shipping with counter-strike now.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. It's hard to believe they'd bundle an M-rated game with a kit. I guess it worked for the Halo console though.

I have been planing on geting live but have been wondering. When I get live the game that come swith it, does it come in a case like it would if I was to buy the game or is it different due to being with the live kit?

[quote name='sendme']I have been planing on geting live but have been wondering. When I get live the game that come swith it, does it come in a case like it would if I was to buy the game or is it different due to being with the live kit?[/QUOTE] When I got my Xbox Live Starter Kit that came with Crimson Skies, it came in a regular Xbox case just like normal, except it said "NOT FOR RESALE" in the bottom right-hand corner of the cover art. I'm sure it will be the same for this one.

OK, noob live question here: is there any use having multiple headsets? I.e. can two people use headsets and play Halo 2? (I know you can only play in unranked games w/ multiple people).

Otherwise I think I'm just better off getting the xbox live 12-month card for $42.90 from amazon.com and buying these games used (they go for about $5 on half.com).

Since the new "LIVE" subscription and games aren't supposed to come out until the 24th anyway and since an old subscripition cards will probably work with 360's service of "LIVE" too, I'm waiting until the end of the month for the new "Mountain Dew Points Contest", starting Aug. 27th www.everytenminutes.com to see what all Xbox mercandise they are giving away this time.

They gave away "LIVE" kits last year, and they could, and probably will do it again, especially with it being really a big Xbox 360 promotion anyway. I think it took 200 points and $2-3 shipping last time to get them.
I still have an extra "LIVE" subscript from last years contest. You can get as many as you want as long as it's within the limits of points per person/account which was 1,000 points.

[quote name='ma']OK, noob live question here: is there any use having multiple headsets? I.e. can two people use headsets and play Halo 2? (I know you can only play in unranked games w/ multiple people).

Otherwise I think I'm just better off getting the xbox live 12-month card for $42.90 from amazon.com and buying these games used (they go for about $5 on half.com).[/QUOTE]

I can only answer for Halo 2, but the answer is no if you only have one Xbox Live account. I believe if you have multiple accounts, then you can have more than one headset in use. But if they are simply logging in as a "guest" under the same account, they cannot use the headset.

im guessing you can use multiple headsets for karaoke revolution... if you play that game... maybe sing a duet or something :rofl:

[quote name='Dane']hopefully the older ones are cheaper[/QUOTE]

If you hunt around CC well enough you can still find the older one with the Tetris Worlds/MotoGP Demo, 1 year subscription, and headset for the amazingly low low low price of.... $7.96. :applause:

(That's if you can find one anymore... I suspect that the ones with Crimson Skies might slowly get clearanced out this way but who knows)

[quote name='demomanTNA']If you hunt around CC well enough you can still find the older one with the Tetris Worlds/MotoGP Demo, 1 year subscription, and headset for the amazingly low low low price of.... $7.96. :applause:

(That's if you can find one anymore... I suspect that the ones with Crimson Skies might slowly get clearanced out this way but who knows)[/QUOTE]
i really doubt that.. that one is a very YMMV.. those got cleared out years ago.. heh..

that may be how the crimson skies ones will go though.. so be on the lookout soon.

[quote name='urzishra14']i really doubt that.. that one is a very YMMV.. those got cleared out years ago.. heh..[/QUOTE]

While it is YMMV, I just got one two months ago for that (with Tetris/Moto). :D

[quote name='stocker08']there is also an XBOX live kit shipping with counter-strike now.[/QUOTE]

Link...NOW!

[quote name='kittie']I hope I can continue to abuse the zillion free trials I have for 360. :([/QUOTE]

You mean the 2 month codes??? You can only use one, right? Is that tracked by your machine?

[quote name='schultzed']You mean the 2 month codes??? You can only use one, right? Is that tracked by your machine?[/QUOTE]

I believe you can use as many as you want.

[quote name='WAJedi']I believe you can use as many as you want.[/QUOTE]

You cannot keep the same account when using the trial codes.

bread's done
Back