-MechAssault
-Moto GP (possibly demo)
-Voice Communicator
-MSRP: $40

-12 month subscription
-Crimson Skies
-Voice Communicator
-MSRP: $70

The $30 rebate on the current starter kit probably won't work with the new ones, so if you need one now I suggest you get it.

It looks like I am getting Live back when these hit the stores. I have been wanting Crimson Skies and in the market for a new headset so it meets both of my needs.

Also what rebate you talking about(wireless adaptor one is the only one I know of)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It looks like I am getting Live back when these hit the stores. I have been wanting Crimson Skies and in the market for a new headset so it meets both of my needs.

Also what rebate you talking about(wireless adaptor one is the only one I know of)[/quote]

That's the one. I don't know about everyone else, but the wireless adapter was basically a requirement for me. With the rebate, the starter kit becomes $40. I picked up Crimson Skies for $22, so I ended up getting the same as the new CS starter kit + MA for $62.

I've been wanting Crimson SKies and XBL for a while. Hopefully this gets more people playing CS again, I've heard that its hard to find a populated server these days.

Anyways, $70 seems a bit steep for my tastes though. A rebate sounds good.

[quote name='magilacudy']I've been wanting Crimson SKies and XBL for a while. Hopefully this gets more people playing CS again, I've heard that its hard to find a populated server these days.

Anyways, $70 seems a bit steep for my tastes though. A rebate sounds good.[/quote]

That's too bad about CS, I thought a lot of people still played it. A while back, EB had an unofficial rainbow six starter kit, I don't know if it's still in stores but no one should have any trouble finding populated servers with that.

[quote name='extremep'][quote name='magilacudy']I've been wanting Crimson SKies and XBL for a while. Hopefully this gets more people playing CS again, I've heard that its hard to find a populated server these days.

Anyways, $70 seems a bit steep for my tastes though. A rebate sounds good.[/quote]

That's too bad about CS, I thought a lot of people still played it. A while back, EB had an unofficial rainbow six starter kit, I don't know if it's still in stores but no one should have any trouble finding populated servers with that.[/quote]

how much was that going for?

Maybe the version 2 kit at Target will drop and I can pick that up for cheap(I need a live game but if its really cheap I will pick that up instead)

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='extremep'][quote name='magilacudy']I've been wanting Crimson SKies and XBL for a while. Hopefully this gets more people playing CS again, I've heard that its hard to find a populated server these days.

That's too bad about CS, I thought a lot of people still played it. A while back, EB had an unofficial rainbow six starter kit, I don't know if it's still in stores but no one should have any trouble finding populated servers with that.[/quote]

how much was that going for?

Maybe the version 2 kit at Target will drop and I can pick that up for cheap(I need a live game but if its really cheap I will pick that up instead)[/quote]

I think it was $70, not sure. The cheapest live games are the year-old sports titles, e.g. NBA 2K3 is $7 (I paid full price when it came out and it was definitely worth it)

Can You update the rosters on the older sporst games through xbox live. I'd like to pick up NBA 2k3 but before I do I'd like to know if there's an automatic update to the current season info and stats. Are there other older games that update. Practically, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the sports games from a year or two ago and the latest ones today for $40 bucks.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Can You update the rosters on the older sporst games through xbox live. I'd like to pick up NBA 2k3 but before I do I'd like to know if there's an automatic update to the current season info and stats. Are there other older games that update. Practically, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the sports games from a year or two ago and the latest ones today for $40 bucks.[/quote]

The newest official roster through XBL is for 4/14/2003 or something like that, but editing all of the roster stats is pretty simple (but could take some time). Also, you can probably load someone else's updated roster through an AR if you have one.

[quote name='whiteboy']what rebate are you guys talking about? plz inform me i must get XBL.[/quote]

There's a $30 rebate if you buy the wireless adapter and the current starter kit.

[quote name='KingDox']well I hope this means that Crimson Skies will drop to 20 bucks.[/quote]

I'd be pretty surprised if a game that's still full price at most places drops to $20 immediately, even with the new starter kit. Of course it will happen eventually though.

eh...its ten bucks more then just buying a replacement headset and it includes a copy of mechassault and 3months of service... I think its worth the 3 months. Mechassault..just give it away.

I agree, the $70 kit is a much better deal than the $40 one. On the other hand, the $40 kit is better than getting just the headset for $30.

bread's done
Back