New Xbox owner

JG5253

CAGiversary!
Hello I've had a PS3 years for 3 years and on black Friday I decided to get an Xbox 360 for exclusives like Gears of war. I already purchased the Gears of War triple pack nd the holiday bundle came with fable 3 and halo reach. I'm interested in Alan wake, Foeza, Left 4 Dead also but I was hoping you guys could help me with exclusives games and games that I should get the on Xbox instead of the ps3

Not sure if you care for JRPGs, but Lost Odyssey is a fine one. Also, I've heard that the 360 version of Bayonetta is leagues above the PS3 version (though a patch might have fixed the problems plaguing the latter).

And if you want super continuity playing through the trilogy, you can get the first Mass Effect, assuming you don't have a gaming PC.

Agreed on Lost Odyssey; the Fable series as well. You should pick up Fable 2 before playing your copy of Fable 3.

Yes on Mass Effect though it is not nearly as good as Mass Effect 2 in terms of story-telling.

Depending on your hard drive space, seems like you got the 250gb holiday bundle so you can easily rip cd's to listen to while you play gears or other games. You can get Alan Wake via a dlc code for about $10 or less on here. Check your local craigslist for left 4 dead, mass effect or other games as well there are quite a bit of good exclusive games. If you're into shoot em up games then the 360 is where it's at.

By the way, Target currently has a deal that expires today for Xbox 360 Accessories are 20% off so if you're thinking of getting a better headset or anything else, now would be the time to do so. There's also a coupon floating around that gives you a $10 gift card from Target for spending $50 or more which expires today as well. I'd say start stocking up on Microsoft Points. There are alot of Xbox Live Arcade games you should buy, but each have a demo so you can see if it's worth buying now or waiting.

If I'm reading your post correctly, you wanted exclusives like Gears but don't have Gears 3, yet.
Definitely get Gears 3, but you should try and go through the campaigns of Gears 1 & 2 before getting into Gears 3 campaign. But, jump right into the Gears 3 Multiplayer/Horde/Beast.
I had a lot of fun with Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell Conviction, also.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Naruto the Broken Bond is pretty good if you're into that series[/QUOTE]

2nd this. Never read or watched any of it but the two Naruto games are freaking amazing!

Alan Wake - cool atmosphere, feels like a Stephen King novel made for a game console..can snag a cheap download code for it for get it for $20 new on Amazon.

Fable II - if you end up liking Fable III, then II is still worth playing. It can be had for $20 new with the DLC if you get the PH edition.

Forza 4 - if you like racers, then this is an easy recommend. If you don't, then it won't change your mind.

Gears 3 - Play the first two you got. If you still want more, then Gears 3 won't let you down. It is more of the same, but that is a good thing if you get hooked.

Halo 3 - Worth checking out as one of the flagship games for the system for so long, especially if you end up liking Reach. I am not a huge Halo or FPS fan, but it still can be fun. Should be able to find it for 20 or less new, and I have seen it under $10 used at GS before. Skip Halo Wars and ODST.

Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Magna Carta II, Blue Dragon
- If you are a JRPG fan, then there are some titles to check out. You will find people that love and hate all four games, but they are still worth checking out to see if they fit your tastes. If you don't like JRPGS, they are an easy skip though.

Mass Effect - If you haven't played the series on PC or played ME2 on PS3 already, then I would recommend starting here. It isn't quite as epic when it first came out, but it can still be impressive.

Metro 2033 - Not your typical run and gun FPS. Cool atmosphere from what I have checked out so far.

PGR4 - Cool arcade racer. Unlike Forza 4, you don't have to be a racing nut to appreciate this one. Much better than PGR3, which can be skipped.

Splinter Cell Conviction - not too bad..it has a fun campaign, but it never quite found its niche for me as either a stealth or action game. Still, considering it can be found quite cheap, I would give it a whirl sometime.

You should definitely hit up XBLA as well. There are some pretty good exclusives on there as well (Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, Braid, Geometry Wars 2, Super Meat Boy, Dishwasher 1 & 2, Pinball FX 2, Bastion - just to name some)

Lots of good suggestions. If you want something other than the run-of the mill sneaking around or FPS, try these:

If you're really hard core and old school, and like quirky Japanese space ship shooters pick up

Cave Games - they're all region free
Muchi Muchi Pork/Pinksweets
Musisama (someone correct me as I don' tknow the spelling - it's the bug shooting game from Cave)
Deathsmiles (Horror themed horizontal shooting game with lolis)
Deathsmiles II (Download only)
ESPGaluda II

Bolded ones are available domestically, the rest you must import.

Many are greatest hits and can be found at Play-asia.com from singapore ordering them online for $35 + shipping. Cheap shipping takes around 2-3 weeks, but worth the wait!

Rock Band 3 - Somewhat Expensive to get into for the instruments. But look at good will and you will find guitars and drums cheap. Go to Kmart for the Keyboard and game for $99. Get the game alone for $20. Tons and tons of Download content and a thriving community of people who play online.

Culdcept Saga - Think of a combo of Magic and monopoly. It's a board game. Online is broken, so you'll want to play local games (up to 4 people) or the computer is pretty fun to go up against. This game can be gotten for >$20 at Gamestop or ebay.

Hope that helps man!

[quote name='2DMention']Lots of good suggestions. If you want something other than the run-of the mill sneaking around or FPS, try these:

If you're really hard core and old school, and like quirky Japanese space ship shooters pick up

Musisama (someone correct me as I don' tknow the spelling - it's the bug shooting game from Cave)
ESPGaluda II

Many are greatest hits and can be found at Play-asia.com from singapore ordering them online for $35 + shipping. Cheap shipping takes around 2-3 weeks, but worth the wait!

Rock Band 3 - Somewhat Expensive to get into for the instruments. But look at good will and you will find guitars and drums cheap. Go to Kmart for the Keyboard and game for $99. Get the game alone for $20. Tons and tons of Download content and a thriving community of people who play online.

Culdcept Saga - Think of a combo of Magic and monopoly. It's a board game. Online is broken, so you'll want to play local games (up to 4 people) or the computer is pretty fun to go up against. This game can be gotten for >$20 at Gamestop or ebay.

Hope that helps man![/QUOTE]

It's Mushihimesama, I believe. And I agree with your entire post. Great suggestions.

Id say Halo Combat Evovled which just came out. I'd also say if you got a used/refurbished Xbox 360 then pick up a hard drive and get halo 2 (Not sure is slim can play it) Also get Halo 3.. skip odst and rent reach from like red box

[quote name='Yanksfan']Alan Wake - cool atmosphere, feels like a Stephen King novel made for a game console..can snag a cheap download code for it for get it for $20 new on Amazon.

Fable II - if you end up liking Fable III, then II is still worth playing. It can be had for $20 new with the DLC if you get the PH edition.

Forza 4 - if you like racers, then this is an easy recommend. If you don't, then it won't change your mind.

Gears 3 - Play the first two you got. If you still want more, then Gears 3 won't let you down. It is more of the same, but that is a good thing if you get hooked.

Halo 3 - Worth checking out as one of the flagship games for the system for so long, especially if you end up liking Reach. I am not a huge Halo or FPS fan, but it still can be fun. Should be able to find it for 20 or less new, and I have seen it under $10 used at GS before. Skip Halo Wars and ODST.

Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Magna Carta II, Blue Dragon - If you are a JRPG fan, then there are some titles to check out. You will find people that love and hate all four games, but they are still worth checking out to see if they fit your tastes. If you don't like JRPGS, they are an easy skip though.

Mass Effect - If you haven't played the series on PC or played ME2 on PS3 already, then I would recommend starting here. It isn't quite as epic when it first came out, but it can still be impressive.

Metro 2033 - Not your typical run and gun FPS. Cool atmosphere from what I have checked out so far.

PGR4 - Cool arcade racer. Unlike Forza 4, you don't have to be a racing nut to appreciate this one. Much better than PGR3, which can be skipped.

Splinter Cell Conviction - not too bad..it has a fun campaign, but it never quite found its niche for me as either a stealth or action game. Still, considering it can be found quite cheap, I would give it a whirl sometime.

You should definitely hit up XBLA as well. There are some pretty good exclusives on there as well (Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, Braid, Geometry Wars 2, Super Meat Boy, Dishwasher 1 & 2, Pinball FX 2, Bastion - just to name some)[/QUOTE]

Yeah same with me on Splinter Cell. But it is one of the more fun splinter cell games in my mind ;)

Thanks for all your guys help and I'll definitely look into all those game. For a while I was having buyers remorse since I have such a huge backlog on the PS3 but the games you guys are recommending made me reconsider. I'm looking at buying a lot of the the games you guys told me about but is there any new upcoming exclusives worth looking at? I'm seemed like the 360 didn't have too many exclusives this year

I'll go a different route and recommend some older games:

Retail
Condemned: Criminal Origins - still one of the most atmospheric titles this gen. Well worth picking up. Should be dirt cheap anywhere. If you have an HDTV and 5.1, it's a MUST. Only play at night, with all the lights out.

Kameo - Have you ever been into platformer/adventures? It was a launch title and should also be dirt cheap. It's a gorgeous game, and very fun. Think, Zelda or Ratchet & Clank.

Viva Pinata - Very odd and unique game from Rare. Build a garden and breed different pinata species and feed them to other pinatas, or beat them to death. It may sound quite dumb, but the game is strangely addicting.

Crackdown - open world super-agent game where you can "leap tall buildings in a single bound." THE game that started the collect-a-thon objectives this gen, that are now in most games... and still did it better than any since.

XBLA (download demos to all these)
Pac-Man: Championship Edition
Shadow Complex
Wik: Fable of Souls
Cloning Clyde
Geometry Wars 2
Splosion Man
Rez HD

[quote name='JG5253']Thanks for all your guys help and I'll definitely look into all those game. For a while I was having buyers remorse since I have such a huge backlog on the PS3 but the games you guys are recommending made me reconsider. I'm looking at buying a lot of the the games you guys told me about but is there any new upcoming exclusives worth looking at? I'm seemed like the 360 didn't have too many exclusives this year[/QUOTE]

Me too, :lol: I just got my system last week and felt the same way you did, especially after I went and looked at the exclusives lists and I was like $%!@ did I just make a mistake.

But right now I'm D/L'ing Alan Wake and am feeling a bunch better about it since I played something I'm literally SHOCKED no one has mentioned in this thread (especially the Shmup guy) three Treasure XBLA games...

Radiant Silvergun
Guardian Heroes
Ikaruga

I played Silvergun for about 3 hours last night, I was like just once more, need to power up my weapons one more level every time I thought about quitting, that game is a masterpiece. So awesome.

Guardian Heroes is probably much more fun with friends, there is so many choices to make and paths to go through to unlock new characters I was blown away, you'll play through in about 90 minutes per play through, but with so much to unlock and different story segments to explore it'll probably take 10 hours to unlock everything.

Ikaruga was so good I own it on DC and GC, but I won't be triple dipping on X360, unless it's cheap enough. But it's the followup to Radiant Silvergun, and while not as much variety in weapons, it takes a whole new spin on it that you absorb enemy fire making you virtually invincible, great gfx and music too, another awesome shmup.

Be confident in your purchase, I'm feeling better about mine (even though that disc drive scares me sometimes, no wonder X360 games get scratched) plus you can grab some Xbox classic exclusives to play as well I bought Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta as well, Orta hasn't aged as well but JSRF is pure heaven, I've missed playing it.

So even if you have some doubts about the 360 line up, remember as long as it's supported you have access to a lot of the Xbox 1 lineup as well (wikipedia has an awesome chart to help guide you if you need to know what's supported)

i had my ps3 a year befor emy xbox and now i mostly just play my xbox

i think the big difference between the 2 systems is unlike ps3 xbox doesnt focus on exclusives, thats a thing of the past now. instead they focus on a great user experience which is were most consoles are going to go next round.

here is a small list of what i think is a bit different about the xbox
-the interface is made to be more social network style while the ps3 is more focused on the media.
-Xbox arcade and dlc; these types of things are on psn but its seen more as an afterthought there. xbox there are games just made for download on xbox arcade
-and graphic honestly there is no difference between either console, xbox actually looks better some titles while some huge games such ff13 they got to compress the video for the xbox. blu ray is a bit slower on loading tho. im not sure if everything is installed when installing games on the ps3.
-and like with the last update they look at reasons why you are turning your xbox off and try to add it to the console. of course sony has stream services too. actually i do think ps3 is a bit better here ,tho. mean look at how the menus are made :)

[quote name='Yanksfan']Alan Wake - cool atmosphere, feels like a Stephen King novel made for a game console..can snag a cheap download code for it for get it for $20 new on Amazon.

Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Magna Carta II, Blue Dragon
- If you are a JRPG fan, then there are some titles to check out. You will find people that love and hate all four games, but they are still worth checking out to see if they fit your tastes. If you don't like JRPGS, they are an easy skip though.

You should definitely hit up XBLA as well. There are some pretty good exclusives on there as well (Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, Braid, Geometry Wars 2, Super Meat Boy, Dishwasher 1 & 2, Pinball FX 2, Bastion - just to name some)[/QUOTE]

Definitely interested in all these games

[quote name='2DMention']Lots of good suggestions. If you want something other than the run-of the mill sneaking around or FPS, try these:

ESPGaluda II

Hope that helps man![/QUOTE]

Never played these kind of game but I like to keep an open mind to games

[quote name='Corvin']I'll go a different route and recommend some older games:

Retail
Condemned: Criminal Origins - still one of the most atmospheric titles this gen. Well worth picking up. Should be dirt cheap anywhere. If you have an HDTV and 5.1, it's a MUST. Only play at night, with all the lights out.

Kameo - Have you ever been into platformer/adventures? It was a launch title and should also be dirt cheap. It's a gorgeous game, and very fun. Think, Zelda or Ratchet & Clank.

Viva Pinata - Very odd and unique game from Rare. Build a garden and breed different pinata species and feed them to other pinatas, or beat them to death. It may sound quite dumb, but the game is strangely addicting.

Crackdown - open world super-agent game where you can "leap tall buildings in a single bound." THE game that started the collect-a-thon objectives this gen, that are now in most games... and still did it better than any since.

Shadow Complex
Cloning Clyde
Geometry Wars 2
Splosion Man
Rez HD[/QUOTE]

I was going to pick up Crackdown at GameStop the other day when I seen it for $6

[quote name='uncle5555']Me too, :lol: I just got my system last week and felt the same way you did, especially after I went and looked at the exclusives lists and I was like $%!@ did I just make a mistake.
[/QUOTE]

Yea thats how I felt when It arrived at my house. I was unsure to open it for it a while. I had planned on selling it but you guys definitely convinced me to keep it

This might be a stupid question but I thought the 250 Gb Xbox 360 slim consoles were suppose to be glossy black and the 4 Gb were suppose to be Matte black. I ask because I got the 250 Gb version and it doesn't have the glossy black

[quote name='Corvin']I'll go a different route and recommend some older games:

Retail

Shadow Complex
Cloning Clyde
Geometry Wars 2
Splosion Man
Rez HD[/QUOTE]

I liked Condemned quite a bit from what little I have played, I need to go back to it sometime. Viva Pinata is definitely different, but I wouldn't say it is bad..Kameo, however, I had to eject and trade away almost immediately after I put it in. I don't know why, but I had a strong aversion to that game.

On the XBLA side, Cloning Clyde is definitely a cool game..very underappreciated.

[quote name='JG5253']
I was going to pick up Crackdown at GameStop the other day when I seen it for $6

Yea thats how I felt when It arrived at my house. I was unsure to open it for it a while. I had planned on selling it but you guys definitely convinced me to keep it

This might be a stupid question but I thought the 250 Gb Xbox 360 slim consoles were suppose to be glossy black and the 4 Gb were suppose to be Matte black. I ask because I got the 250 Gb version and it doesn't have the glossy black[/QUOTE]

Newegg has Crackdown 1 new for $7, I picked it up so I could have another exclusive that's suppose to be pretty good.

I think it'll be worth it in the long run as long as you don't avoid XBLA and thoroughly search it to find the good titles buried in it. As much as I talk smack about Gears of War I'm going to give that a chance too (missed the Triple Pack on Amazon on BF) when I can get it cheaper. Other than Halo (which I've played 1&2 on an old friend's Xbox back in the day) I'll try the exclusives at least once (at the right price of course) to see if I like them.

I really didn't feel Lost Odyssey when I watched a video review of it, I love Sakaguchi's FF games, but it seems awful slow to me, anyone care to give me a reason I should give it a try. Same for Infinite Undiscovery. (I own Last Remnant on PC, but haven't played it since it's a Steam game) Blue Dragon from what I read and was told by others is slow and clunky and gets tedious fast. And I also have Mass Effect 1 & 2 on PC as well so unless I have issues with the DRM, I won't rebuy them (I rebought Metro 2033 for 360, because of Steam activation)

Umm, mine is matte as well, glad it is since my PS3 is a beast to keep clean with the gloss black finish. But yeah I heard as you did that they were suppose to be gloss, no loss there.

[quote name='Kevfactor']i had my ps3 a year before my xbox and now i mostly just play my xbox

i think the big difference between the 2 systems is unlike ps3 xbox doesnt focus on exclusives, thats a thing of the past now. instead they focus on a great user experience which is were most consoles are going to go next round. [/quote]

Except for me that's the ONLY REASON to buy another system. I like some of what the Xbox does so far. I love the low power background D/L's, wished the PS3 had a similar function (both of my systems probably wouldn't have fried it not for that fact of running full out while D/L'ing for long periods of time)

Something I don't like is the dashboard, it is clunky, hard to navigate and buries functions I need two to three levels down, which in my opinion is unnecessary. D/L'ing the new UI update now, so I'm hoping for the best and some improvements.

here is a small list of what i think is a bit different about the xbox
-the interface is made to be more social network style while the ps3 is more focused on the media.
-Xbox arcade and dlc; these types of things are on psn but its seen more as an afterthought there. xbox there are games just made for download on xbox arcade

I agree if you use those things, its very nice to have all of the multimedia functionality and information at your fingertips, I've not looked at a single thing past the game marketplace and some of the system menus, so those things hold little value in my eyes, for others they are worth more though.

I disagree with your assessment of PSN vs. XBLA, (many games have been built for each platform specifically as DLC games, so I don't understand your point here) but one thing I do like is I know when I'm in the PSN store vs. the marketplace, I understand they wanted seemless integration, but it was very jarring to me at first not having a separate interface to look at the first time using it.

Quick Question: Can anyone tell me if The Dishwasher and Dishwasher Vampire Smiles are sequels or is VS an expansion pack to the original game? The description makes it sound like it contains the original title and I wasn't sure what to think, so I'd like to know if someone would be kind enough to inform me.

[quote name='uncle5555']Newegg has Crackdown 1 new for $7, I picked it up so I could have another exclusive that's suppose to be pretty good.

Umm, mine is matte as well, glad it is since my PS3 is a beast to keep clean with the gloss black finish. But yeah I heard as you did that they were suppose to be gloss, no loss there. [/quote]

Awesome, I just ordered crackdown. Thanks for letting me know.

Yea I actually like that mine is matte because my 80 Gb fat PS3 has a lot of scratches on it and like you said is hard to clean. I was just expecting mine to be glossy but happy it isn't

[quote name='uncle5555'] Except for me that's the ONLY REASON to buy another system. I like some of what the Xbox does so far. I love the low power background D/L's, wished the PS3 had a similar function (both of my systems probably wouldn't have fried it not for that fact of running full out while D/L'ing for long periods of time)

Something I don't like is the dashboard, it is clunky, hard to navigate and buries functions I need two to three levels down, which in my opinion is unnecessary. D/L'ing the new UI update now, so I'm hoping for the best and some improvements.

I agree if you use those things, its very nice to have all of the multimedia functionality and information at your fingertips, I've not looked at a single thing past the game marketplace and some of the system menus, so those things hold little value in my eyes, for others they are worth more though.

I disagree with your assessment of PSN vs. XBLA, (many games have been built for each platform specifically as DLC games, so I don't understand your point here) but one thing I do like is I know when I'm in the PSN store vs. the marketplace, I understand they wanted seemless integration, but it was very jarring to me at first not having a separate interface to look at the first time using it..[/QUOTE]

I agree. The exclusive games and games the are hard to find for the PS3 or just more expensive like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance are the reasons why I got the Xbox. I also don't like the Dash board. It's nice to look at buts its easier and quicker to get to somewhere on XMB. Also even with the new update the new Netflix is not as good as the PS3's Netflix. It looks better but that is about it. Anyways I was playing Gears of war for a bit and was enjoying it

[quote name='uncle5555']
Quick Question: Can anyone tell me if The Dishwasher and Dishwasher Vampire Smiles are sequels or is VS an expansion pack to the original game? The description makes it sound like it contains the original title and I wasn't sure what to think, so I'd like to know if someone would be kind enough to inform me.[/QUOTE]

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile is the second game in the series. It is a separate game from the original Dishwasher, titled Dead Samurai. Both games are excellent.

[quote name='uncle5555']
Except for me that's the ONLY REASON to buy another system. I like some of what the Xbox does so far. I love the low power background D/L's, wished the PS3 had a similar function (both of my systems probably wouldn't have fried it not for that fact of running full out while D/L'ing for long periods of time) [/QUOTE]

Once you start using cross game chat, parties and invites you'll never want to go back. It's one of those features that once you are used to it, everything else is archaic. Hell it's still the best way to chat on the Wii or PS3 as well(hop in a 360 party and switch inputs on your tv to play the other systems). :D

Custom soundtracks in ANY game is pretty sweet too, but I don't use that nearly as often as the chat/parties/invite stuff.

[quote name='JG5253'] The exclusive games and games the are hard to find for the PS3 or just more expensive like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance are the reasons why I got the Xbox. [/QUOTE]

Thats actually another good CGA point
For a while i use to go to gamestop and buy used games which if is about maybe 10% off retail and dirt cheap if its older than a year. Which system are they more likely to have used game titles for, yeah the xbox.

But with most the release day deals as of late i havn't had a need to do that for a while. but if ya have some Old games you want to get i think thats a good option to do. i actually want to get Ninja giden 2 there again because i lost the cd on the last boss. you have to like games such as demon/dark souls to like that game, tho=p

[quote name='Yanksfan']The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile is the second game in the series. It is a separate game from the original Dishwasher, titled Dead Samurai. Both games are excellent.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I'll check them both out now. ;)

[quote name='Corvin']Once you start using cross game chat, parties and invites you'll never want to go back. It's one of those features that once you are used to it, everything else is archaic. Hell it's still the best way to chat on the Wii or PS3 as well(hop in a 360 party and switch inputs on your tv to play the other systems). :D

Custom soundtracks in ANY game is pretty sweet too, but I don't use that nearly as often as the chat/parties/invite stuff.[/QUOTE]

I only know of one person with a 360 (my nephew) and I don't game online, so those things are kind of a mute point to me. And I usually listen to the soundtrack provided with the game, not saying it's not a neat feature, just not something I usually would bother with. ;)

But the point is, I own all three systems, so I don't have to worry about which to play on now, so no biggie. And I get to enjoy everything that is offered now on all three platforms. :D

You must get...

...ALAN WAKE

Alan Wake = in my opinion (funny how you have to say in my opinion online, because people yell at you disagreeing with you, anyway) the most underrated sleeper game ever

[quote name='uncle5555']

I only know of one person with a 360 (my nephew) and I don't game online, so those things are kind of a mute point to me. And I usually listen to the soundtrack provided with the game, not saying it's not a neat feature, just not something I usually would bother with. ;)

But the point is, I own all three systems, so I don't have to worry about which to play on now, so no biggie. And I get to enjoy everything that is offered now on all three platforms. :D[/QUOTE]

Same here. I only have 2 friends that have an Xbox 360 and I really wouldn't want to chat with while I'm playing a different game. My siblings and I bought about 3 years ago nd sadly the only games I played on it was when we decided to play Mario party, super smash brawl, and wii sports. I finally decided I should play the games I missed out on

The Wii has free netflix so if anything its worth keeping around for that. The new Wii's don't have backwards compatibility with gamecube games so again, worth keeping for that too if you have one of the older ones released prior to this holiday season.

No one wants to play Wii games here, because everyone thinks they are lame, plus you need multiple controllers for most games which can get pricey. I am also not too fond of my cousins flinging remotes around in front of my brand new HDTV in the 3-4 feet of space I have so Wii playing here will not be happening unless its something that does not require remote flinging. Even if they use the straps there is too much risk involved, and I can't afford to replace my TV because someone broke it.

Anyways I recommend Child of Eden because a code can be snagged cheaply on ebay, its a shooter but it can be played with the controller, you don't have to have kinect.

I know the XBox is new to me as well but because of the online and achievements I can't really see myself buying other versions multiplatform, because why should I when I can get achievements from Xbox games.

Xbox games also seem to cost less than other games, they are more common too so there are more used copies on the market of games you want to buy. More people have Xbox and many games for it so its going to be easier to borrow games from friends and swap. I know a lot of people have the Wii but most don't seem to have very many games for it, most people have less than 5 games for it from what I can see. Nintendo games stay the same price for years before they finally drop in price but Xbox games drop in price much faster, there is almost nothing aside from a few select collectors editions that will not drop in price.

After playing the Xbox I don't think Nintendo games are all that great personally, I played Mass effect and it was way more epic for me than any Nintendo game, you should definitely play that one, it is totally different from any other game I have ever played (I hope you don't mind sitting through lots of text). The only truly epic Nintendo game for me is Pokemon, and we won't be seeing a good Pokemon RPG for a couple years at least since a new one hasn't even been announced for Japan yet. Dear Nintendo, no Pokemon RPG games, no sale, thank you. You can get much better games on the Xbox that cost less money, Mass effect platinum hits cost me like $12 used on ebay, but in order to get a copy of Super Smash bros I have to pony up more than double that to get the game, not worth it to me.

Also if you are playing Mass effect or any other text based game you definitely need a HDTV, don't even bother on a SDTV because you will lose at least half of the experience or more. Text based games are almost all of them.. so IMO its not even worth owning a XBox 360 if you don't have a HDTV.

Online play, as far as I can see its not worth it unless you play call of duty or halo, or some other game that everyone else plays. Because its the same as the Wii, no one uses it for other games. If people actually used it for every game and it was possible to be randomly matched with players for any game within a few min then yes it would be worth it but its not worth it for me because no one plays the games I have.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']You must get...

...ALAN WAKE

Alan Wake = in my opinion (funny how you have to say in my opinion online, because people yell at you disagreeing with you, anyway) the most underrated sleeper game ever[/QUOTE]

Agreed...:applause:

Played the first chapter Thurs night and wow, seriously intense atmosphere.

Had some issues that took me out of the game (product placement...really :roll: ) and the blocky ugly looking fog.... 'specially on a 46" screen...yeech. :whistle2:# I'm trying to ignore those elements, but if your not hooked after the first chapter and wanting more then something must be wrong. And I wished the DLC would have been normally priced, but that is my issue and not a slight against the game.

Cool game, big time, looking forward to the Alan Wake announcement tonight at the VGA's.

bread's done
Back