New York City Vacation

dkreegz515

CAGiversary!
i'm going to be in new york city for a week in august. just wondering if any cags have any tips/suggestions on where to go/visit/tour. also any free things to do that are fun... i was looking at going to the Daily show -- though i don't know if they are always filming episodes all summer long.
i also plan on going to the WTC site, statue of liberty and wall street.
also i have planned to go to a Mets/phillies game and tour the new yankee stadium. any bars that are fun would be awesome too. thanks guys!

[quote name='dkreegz515']i'm going to be in new york city for a week in august. just wondering if any cags have any tips/suggestions on where to go/visit/tour. also any free things to do that are fun... i was looking at going to the Daily show -- though i don't know if they are always filming episodes all summer long.
also i have planned to go to a Mets/phillies game and tour the new yankee stadium. any bars that are fun would be awesome too. thanks guys![/QUOTE]

If you want to see anything on broadway, go to times square. There is a booth that sellls discounted tickets for that day's shows.

Also, David Letterman does his show out of NYC.

[quote name='lordopus99']If you want to see anything on broadway, go to times square. There is a booth that sellls discounted tickets for that day's shows.

Also, David Letterman does his show out of NYC.[/QUOTE]

I suggest checking out STOMP...if they are still playing. Oh MY god that was an amazing performance. Their theater is really, and I do mean really small but the performance is just amazing. Tickets are dirt cheap too!

my best advice for you is not to stop walking in the middle of sidewalks... new yorkers hate it and are assholes about it.

[quote name='DestroVega']my best advice for you is not to stop walking in the middle of sidewalks... new yorkers hate it and are assholes about it.[/QUOTE]

Let me just reiterate this.

I visited New York as a kid, I lost my mother for about 5 seconds and was practically beat to death by walking bodies.

There's nothing to see at the seaport. Just stick to midtown, as that's where everything interesting is. I wouldn't even bother coming to the financial district. I do recommend trying to go to a Letterman taping. You can also spend an entire day just walking up/down 5th or Madison and hitting all the stores on either of those.

[quote name='dkreegz515']i'm going to be in new york city for a week in august. just wondering if any cags have any tips/suggestions on where to go/visit/tour. also any free things to do that are fun... i was looking at going to the Daily show -- though i don't know if they are always filming episodes all summer long.
also i have planned to go to a Mets/phillies game and tour the new yankee stadium. any bars that are fun would be awesome too. thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Top of the Rock at 30 Rock. It has a 100 times better view of NYC than the Empire State Building. I think the wait to get in is also quicker as well. View is also 360 and you can see for miles. Tickets go for around 20 bucks a person.

Natural Museum of History. The suggest donation is between 10-20 off the top of my head. The Museum however is free to get into, just donate a dollar.

Stay away from most restaurants around midtown especially times square. They tend to be far over priced. Little Italy and China Town offer some of the better restaurants.

[quote name='DestroVega']my best advice for you is not to stop walking in the middle of sidewalks... new yorkers hate it and are assholes about it.[/QUOTE]

Tourists in the summer are annoying when you are in the middle of your work day. They are all looking up and never paying attention.

Remember that criminals prey on small town folk so if anybody asks tell them you are a sophisticated millionaire from the Ozarks. Also remember that when the sun goes down that's when all the weirdos turn crazy.

[quote name='javeryh']Tourists in the summer are annoying when you are in the middle of your work day. They are all looking up and never paying attention.

Remember that criminals prey on small town folk so if anybody asks tell them you are a sophisticated millionaire from the Ozarks. Also remember that when the sun goes down that's when all the weirdos turn crazy.[/QUOTE]

he makes a good point try to blend in and not look the part of a tourist. as much as i hate twitter and that kind of shit it wouldnt hurt you let let someone know, that you trust, about where youre going that way if something should happen people have an idea about where might be. or just text someone or do a blog post here.

thanks guys... my brother actually has an internship in the city, he is living in jersey city... im just looking for things to do while i wait for him to get off work during the week.

for the weekend we already have a mets/phillies game planned. any suggestions on where we can go to get a drink or two before the game... somewhere near Citi field.

bread's done
Back