New York NY

Mr.Answer

CAGiversary!
Evening all,

My wife and I are taking a trip to NYC SANS KIDS!!!! to visit my new nephews (and sister) were travelled to NY last year with the kids and did alot of the touristy stuff appropriate with young kids, any advice on things to do now that it will only be adults?

the new york experience basically is sightseeing, touristy stuff, whether that is seeing a play, checking out musuems and landmarks or going shopping
throw out some more personal interests you have and people will better make recommendations

Take an afternoon to wander the city.
NOTE: I used to live in NY...which is probably a big part of my hating SD :p

If you're looking to not be too touristy, I'd suggest downtown areas like Tribeca or even Chinatown if you go into the heart of it. There's tons of great stuff to do in NY. Plus, if you want the NY experience you gotta get some pizza and some dirty water dogs.

nah man All that stuff is day time shit you can do...hit time square at night and go bar hopping and hit some of the lounges..or even clubbing if your still in to it...I guess every1 has their own definition of the NY exp...I mean its endless...if you want to have some crazy fun...Karoake bars and places are really fun and crazy to do...

head to chinatown u might get some good prices on games and stuff oh make sure u dont do what all tourist do , they like to stand still in a crowded street just to stare at some blinking lights that just say one word god I hate that remember most new yorkers are in a hurry :wink:

[quote name='jam3582']head to chinatown u might get some good prices on games and stuff oh make sure u dont do what all tourist do , they like to stand still in a crowded street just to stare at some blinking lights that just say one word god I hate that remember most new yorkers are in a hurry :wink:[/quote]

One way I can always tell a tourist in boston, they obey walk/don't walk lights, and cross in crosswalks. When a boston person wants to cross the street, they go as soon whever its clear, or a car stops. They run across the middle of the street, in front of cars, behind cars etc. Tourists sit there and wait for the light to say walk even when there are no cars going, and cross in crosswalks.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='jam3582']head to chinatown u might get some good prices on games and stuff oh make sure u dont do what all tourist do , they like to stand still in a crowded street just to stare at some blinking lights that just say one word god I hate that remember most new yorkers are in a hurry :wink:[/quote]

One way I can always tell a tourist in boston, they obey walk/don't walk lights, and cross in crosswalks. When a boston person wants to cross the street, they go as soon whever its clear, or a car stops. They run across the middle of the street, in front of cars, behind cars etc. Tourists sit there and wait for the light to say walk even when there are no cars going, and cross in crosswalks.[/quote]

THat explains why so many Bostonians end up dead on the streets of LA. They're fair game.

My favorite thing to do is to head on up to 161st street to catch a game at Yankees stadium. Whether you love or hate them, you've gotta love the history of that ballpark.

If you're looking for free stuff, Central Park is great, and you can also take the Staten Island Ferry to relax and see some decent stuff.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='jam3582']head to chinatown u might get some good prices on games and stuff oh make sure u dont do what all tourist do , they like to stand still in a crowded street just to stare at some blinking lights that just say one word god I hate that remember most new yorkers are in a hurry :wink:[/quote]

One way I can always tell a tourist in boston, they obey walk/don't walk lights, and cross in crosswalks. When a boston person wants to cross the street, they go as soon whever its clear, or a car stops. They run across the middle of the street, in front of cars, behind cars etc. Tourists sit there and wait for the light to say walk even when there are no cars going, and cross in crosswalks.[/quote]
Wait, you mean people actually wait for the walk signs? It's almost non existent in New York City :eek:

[quote name='miniarnold']and you can also take the Staten Island Ferry to relax and see some decent stuff.[/quote]

No. Stay away from this godforsaken island. I can't think of a single thing a tourist can do on SI.

[quote name='Rich'][quote name='miniarnold']and you can also take the Staten Island Ferry to relax and see some decent stuff.[/quote]

No. Stay away from this godforsaken island. I can't think of a single thing a tourist can do on SI.[/quote]

Not true, they can go there, scratch their heads and say WTF did i come here for

yo can go to the big ass toys r us and get swarmed by more mindless zombies gushing over bright ligts and a big t-rex thats on the second floor . all joking aside central park is somewhere u wanna visit but not at night .

Central Park is fun for adults, and SoHo always has fun bars and clubs at night. Hookah bars are the cool things to do and you should check out that new Hustlers club on the west side.

Grey's Papaya hot dogs, Pizza.

Catch at least one Museum, the Metropolitan or the Museum of Natural History IMHO.

If you want touristy do Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, if you want freaky check out Grenwich village for an S&M Gimp Suit.

Check out Central Park it really is nice.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']The new york experience[/quote]

Buy an 8-ball of coke, get two hookers (One leg-less, for sit and spin) and do all of it in a alleyway inside a cardboard box in Manhattan.

I hate NYC too.. my boyfriend loves it .. one thing i really loved was Rockefeller Center.. we went ice skating and they had the cameras and everything going.

IF you can go watch SNL... if not go with jay leno... if not goto a broadway show... then eat the following:

Fries
Pizza
Bagles with cream cheese...

BTW, have a great time.

Oh, and be sure to walk around with your wallet sticking halfway out of your pocket. Harlem and Bed-Stuy are the top places to visit. ;)

bread's done
Back