Newegg 2-Day Pre Order Sale: Gears 3, Deus Ex, Dead Island - $48 w/ FS

poker360

Banned
LB_game.jpg

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemai...EFL070511-_-EMC-070511-Index-_-E0-_-Game#Game

Newegg currently has a 2 day sale going on where you can pre order select titles for $47.99, including free shipping. You will need to use the promo code that is listed in the link above (different for each game)

Titles include:

:ps3::360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $47.99
:ps3::360: - Dead Island - $47.99
:360: Gears of War 3 - $47.99

[quote name='CaoPi']dead island anything like dead rising?[/QUOTE]

Not really, it's a zombie First person RPG. Looks really good.

Think we can get amazon to price match? I'd still rather do the $20 credit for Gears on Amazon, but hopefully they will drop the pre-order price temporarily.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I haven't ordered from Newegg in a while. I'm guessing the standard shipping takes forever?[/QUOTE]

I can't promise that you will have the same experience but lately Newegg has been quicker to ship using standard shipping than virtually and other online company that I order from. Most things I order from Newegg take only 2-3 days to arrive. Actually, I ordered Sports Champions from Newegg a week or two back with standard shipping and it arrived to me by noon the next day. :)

Deus Ex PC is $39.99, for those who didn't notice.

UPS 3-day has always shipped as advertised for me. It's the Newegg Super Saver or whatever that's debatable, since it's usually DHL-to-USPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ravens52bears54']I haven't ordered from Newegg in a while. I'm guessing the standard shipping takes forever?[/QUOTE]

About a 7-10 days in my experience, but I live clear across the country from CA which I believe is where they ship from.

Unfortunately I think I'm gonna stick with Gamestop with this one for now. Great price (so far)... but I just can't see myself switching to lose the bonuses and spend real money instead of credit.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Is it easy to cancel Newegg preorders? (in case something better comes along)[/QUOTE]

Yup, just go into your account and look under Pre-Order Status. You can cancel items directly from there.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Hmm rpg with zombies?? Is it 3rd or first person?? It sounds enticing but if its first person I'm sold![/QUOTE]
First person.

[quote name='Kevbo887']When do they charge your card though?[/QUOTE]

When it ships. $48 is a very good deal for NY residents. Since we aren't taxed, it is almost like paying $44 pre-tax at a store like Best Buy.

Thanks OP jumped on Deus Ex, but since I'm taking 20 credits a quarter I don't have hardly any free time so I may end up cancelling and just picking it up after graduation next summer. We'll see, great deal though.

Decided to preorder Dead Island and Deus Ex for these prices. Most likely I will cancel but its good to have the order in just in case. I put a $50 gift card on my Amazon order of Gears 3, so I'll keep that, plus the $20 future credit.

Bought. Went with both DX and Dead Island (even though I'm a bit skeptical about that one), since $95 shipped for the pair is pretty frikkin' solid.

I looked at the Augmented Edition for DX and the Gamestop exclusive content for Dead Island, and wasn't interested in either, so this was great for me.

Well done, OP. Well done.

I like what I've seen of the Dead Island gameplay videos on YouTube. The combat seems to be primarily melee, which seems to be a nice change pace from other games of the same genre. At the same time, I hope they incorporate some firearms.

too bad i cant refund the game coupon from amazon that i used to preorder this game >.> (gc expires if i do cancel order)

dead island limited edition is exclusive to gamestop? are you sure? i hate gamestop since they are 59.99+tax every time and i finally burned through all my credit.

the weapon exclusive sounds fun but i bet its not that special, and every limited edition probably comes with the arena. in another month more places will have every bit of info revealed.

[quote name='graf1k']About a 7-10 days in my experience, but I live clear across the country from CA which I believe is where they ship from.[/QUOTE]
So do I. I live in PA.
[quote name='Ionotropic']I'd (reluctantly) recommend getting Dead Island from Gamestop since it comes with extra exclusive DLC.[/QUOTE]
I just read up on it and it just seems to be an in-game weapon (I don't give a shit) and an Arena? That sounds like some b.s. Horde mode or something.

I'll take the $12 savings.

[quote name='graf1k']About a 7-10 days in my experience, but I live clear across the country from CA which I believe is where they ship from.[/QUOTE]

I'm in NY. Never had anything take "7-10 days." It can take anywhere from 1 to 3 days. My pre-ordered games in the past have always arrived either release day or at most 2 days later.
Newegg ships from various locations - on the east coast it could either be from TN or NJ. Any NJ shipments actually get delivered the next day for me.
Even if the game is shipped from the CA warehouse you'll very likely get it by the end of the week.

** I should add a clarification - this applies to my UPS shipments. UPS is excellent in my area. Shipments via Fed Ex or USPS are very unreliable here - so that could take longer. In my case, thankfully, all my pre-orders have been shipped UPS.
My pre-order for Deus Ex says 'guaranteed UPS 3-day' - so you'll get it within 3 days but likely sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I order Deus EX and it gave me 3 day guaranteed shipping UPS, so I would hope to have it by Friday of the release week at the latest. I don't think they would advertise that unless it were the case.

Jumped at Deus Ex (360) and Dead Island (360).

Each was $48 total versus $65 total [after tax]. Appreciate the heads-up OP.

It seems there are very few new IPs these days. While Deus Ex is not a new IP, this is its first release this generation, so its still a relative risk to Square Enix.

Happy to give new and seldom-seen IPs I try. Cheers.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']Think of it like Borderlands, but with zombies[/QUOTE]

Then just say it left 4 dead lol. Dead Island more of a melee based zombie game. Very few guns and ammo laying around the developers have said. Emphasis is on melee combat and they're adding classes as well

Man that's a pretty nice deal for Dead Island. If it didn't release during my blackout period I would jump all over this.

$30 for most any game that comes out from September forward during Black Friday sales means I don't buy till then.

Here's hoping amazon matches, but they've been pretty lazy with the deals recently. I don't mind giving my money to someone a bit more competitive. (if only there were a kmart in my area.)

Go, newegg, go!

bread's done
Back