Newegg - $25 off ***FIRST*** purchase of $50 or more - Email invite - YMMV

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!
I didn't see a thread for this already, but I just got an email from Newegg on an email account in which I have never ordered anything that is $25 off $50 purchase or more on your first purchase.

Since it says "first purchase" you likely shouldn't expect to receive this email on an account that already has a purchase.

Expires 3/20/11.

Damn you, Newegg. I cannot resist your previous temptations, and am obviously forfeit from your luscious coupon.

ಠ_ಠ

[quote name='HeSaveDave']So the only way to get this deal is if I have it in my email?[/QUOTE]

Crafty...

Damn...I had signed up with newegg a while back, and only made my first purchase there a couple of weeks ago, Mafia II CE, which of course I haven't even opened yet!

Got this last month. Used it with the sale price on Xbox 360 starter kit, (12 month gold, 400 ms points, headset, chatpad. Got it for $39.99 shipped. Awesome deal, and arriving tomorrow, just in time for Torchlight.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Do many people just sign up for a Newegg account and not buy anything?[/QUOTE]
Actually I just signed up for their newsletter when entering a contest they hosted, never had a reason to buy from there before.

I got the coupon tonight also. It was sent to an e-mail address that I've never had a Newegg account with. Though I may have also entered a contest at some point, like the above poster.

Anyway, I set up an account tonight and put it to use.

Nice, I got this a couple of weeks ago. I got Rock Band Country Pack 2 and a 16GB USB for $33, then sold Country Pack 2 for $20 on eBay after I used the export code.

I've bought from them before but I guess I must have registered another email with them in the past. Got the code...now to figure out what to get :whistle2:k

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Actually I just signed up for their newsletter when entering a contest they hosted, never had a reason to buy from there before.[/QUOTE]

same.

i haven't received the email yet though. sure hope i do

You all got it to? It's weird, because out of my multiple emails this is the one I only give out for eBay business (anything leading to spam goes to gmail). There may have been some NewEgg contest many months ago where it was used.

Picked up Apache Air Assault X360 and Truth or Lies Wii (filler) for $28 shipped.

i made an account at newegg a few months ago to buy some games, but i canceled the order a few days later, so my question is can i still get this coupon or does canceling an order counts as a purchase?

One of my work email addresses got this email last week. I should have reported it. Well anyway, it takes the $25 off of the lowest cost item of an order of $50 or more. I bought RAM that had a $20 rebate so all in all it cost me $10 for 4 gig of ram. Fun!

I got the same email about two weeks ago, I'm not sure why I got it I haven't signed up for an account or newsletter with that email address, I use a different one when ordering from newegg. I have been lurking around the site for a lot lately researching parts for a new gaming rig though, so that must probably be it

I did take advantage and ordered a Logitech G110 keyboard, I wanted a RAT 7 gaming mouse but they were sold out

[quote name='morpheus47']Signed up for Newegg on an email account I barely use. Keeping my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]
Ditto.

[quote name='aznhero913']anyone got a spare code?[/QUOTE]

I don't think these codes can be shared. In the e-mail the terms state -

This is a unique promo code linked only to the Newegg.com account attached to this e-mail address. Promo code may only be used once per account. Available while funds last. Expires 3/20/2011.

Twinton is right, it's unique. Had stuff like this sent to me before. Only way to use it is with the account it was sent to.

[quote name='aznhero913']anyone got a spare code?[/QUOTE]

I got a coupon last year for 10 dollaes off your purchase but couldn't use it on my normal account. For some reason it sent it to my gmail account which I use for spam and not my hotmail account. Had to create a new account using my gmail. So even if someone want to give you their code it won't work.

[quote name='Luxuria']Hoping I get one. Does anyone know if it works on pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I dont think it does.....it's not letting me order Dynasty Warriors 7 with it :/

^That's a good idea....I put two 1600 point cards on top of dynasty warriors and it took the 25$ off then, so overall I still got a new game and 40$ worth of cards for like 75$....cant complain

EDIT: Ehhhh, they add shipping when you add more items even if the items are all free shipping :/ Makes the deal a little worse

yeah, i got this on my email. I was quite surprised on why I would get the offer. Anyways, decided to give it a try and bought Mass Effect 2 for ps3 for $32 after the discount. Not a bad deal.

Yeah, this is how I got MvC3 for $35 shipped last month. They sent a promo code to my email which wasn't linked to an account yet.

I got the coupon on an address that I have not used and I got the xbox live starter pack - basically renewed my xbox live, got 400 points, replaced my headset, replaced my chat pad all for less than $40! plus an additional 200 points from xbox live rewards - so I think I came out pretty good on that deal!

About this offer......

I don't think you would be getting it right away, I think this is an incentive newegg sent out to people who signed up for their newsletter or never completed an order.

I signed up for newegg back whenever Apollo Justice was $15 but backed out of the transaction because they were only taking paypal for some reason.

[quote name='NovaKane']Yeah, this is how I got MvC3 for $35 shipped last month. They sent a promo code to my email which wasn't linked to an account yet.[/QUOTE]

Who is the girl in your avatar?

Used my new egg account pretty often.

But just got this today in my email.

"A special coupon for a long-time customer we really miss"

10.00 off any order.

Doesnt say min amount to purchase either.

heavy rain 27.99 free ship (except its sold out ould of been perfect for 10.00 off)

I signed up like a day or two ago and I'm still waiting for a code. Hopefully we all get one before it expires.

I got the coupon for 25 off 50 in an alternate account that was never actually registered. I had to make a password and everything. Must have signed up for a contest or newsletter a while back. I got Killzone 3 and DQ IV for $38.

[quote name='vivafriend5']I got the coupon for 25 off 50 in an alternate account that was never actually registered. I had to make a password and everything. Must have signed up for a contest or newsletter a while back. I got Killzone 3 and DQ IV for $38.[/QUOTE]

lol I got the $25 off e-mail and I kept trying to log in and/or get my password reset. I just now realized I had no account registered with that e-mail. Signed up, but nothing that I really even want. So now I have 3 Newegg accounts...

bread's done
Back