Newegg 640 gig hdd for ps3 WD 119.99 with FS, Samsung 99.99, Amazon 109.99 FS

Darn, I missed out on a free mouse.

Ordered this about a week or two ago, don't remember. With all this space, the PS3 seems to lag at random times. I found it odd, but whatever.

[quote name='Interfeci']Darn, I missed out on a free mouse.

Ordered this about a week or two ago, don't remember. With all this space, the PS3 seems to lag at random times. I found it odd, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

like on videos or games in general?

[quote name='Interfeci']Games, and when browsing folders. Videos are fine.[/QUOTE]

well ill find out when i get it. did u use the backup utility?

ok so i just got it. it did not come inside a wd box but it is sealed. is this just how newegg handles hdd, i have not opened the seal yet. I wanted to know from you guys first

[quote name='Smallville123']ok so i just got it. it did not come inside a wd box but it is sealed. is this just how newegg handles hdd, i have not opened the seal yet. I wanted to know from you guys first[/QUOTE]
It's not specific to how Newegg handles drives, rather that's simply how OEM/bare drives are sold.

[quote name='Blackjacker']It's not specific to how Newegg handles drives, rather that's simply how OEM/bare drives are sold.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just finished installing it. Now im restoring the back up. Those screws are so fucking tight!@@@#@#$@#!

Just an added bonus if anyone is looking for a 2.5 HDD enclosure Shop4Tech has one for $6.99 and use the coupon code - FT17 and save an extra 17%!

It might not be the best quality but the reviews aren't that bad...

i read a review for this HD that said the fact that it doesn't allow you to set jumpers to force it to downgrade to SATA I causes Rock Band to crash when playing DLC...

can anyone confirm if this is true?

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']i read a review for this HD that said the fact that it doesn't allow you to set jumpers to force it to downgrade to SATA I causes Rock Band to crash when playing DLC...

can anyone confirm if this is true?[/QUOTE]

fuck really? ill know in about an hr or so

[quote name='bigant262']So does this work on the PS3 Slim? I have a 120 GB and I read a review on there that said it doesn't work with slims? Is that true?[/QUOTE]

Its compatible with the slim. Ok as an update id like to inform everyone i had no rock band issues. All my game data(installs, patches dlc) and gamesaves (even assassins creed 2 and rock band 2) and psn games transfered successfully to the new hdd using an external to back up and restore.

[quote name='Smallville123']Its compatible with the slim. Ok as an update id like to inform everyone i had no rock band issues. All my game data(installs, patches dlc) and gamesaves (even assassins creed 2 and rock band 2) and psn games transfered successfully to the new hdd using an external to back up and restore.[/QUOTE]

So is this worth getting? And have you run into any problems or heard of any problems. And thanks for answering my question also.

This drive will work with the PS3, but be prepared for some stuttering during video playback. I had this drive before I realized that the PS3 was not compatible with Sata II. This drive doesn't have jumper settings to limit it to Sata I. I downgraded to a 500gb until someone puts out a larger drive that allows you to limit to Sata I. I don't have Rock Band but a friend of mine has run in to crashing issues with this same drive. Oh well at least it works in my laptop.

This deal is dead. By the way in my researching I have found that the 640gb Samsung Drive does not suffer from the stuttering and crashing associated with the Western Digital.

[quote name='tossin']No tax for Newegg if you don't live in California, Tennessee, or New Jersey.

Sadly, I do live in CA, and I have Amazon Prime (plus an Amazon CC), so if I buy one, I'd go with Amazon, though I'm not sure I need 640GB...[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't go with amazon the way they pack their drives. newegg packs their drive with plenty of protection and its always 3 day shipping with ups which is not bad.

I want to get the Samsung drive. I have a 320GB Samsung in my PS3 now and have about 170GB free I believe. I mainly have a lot of movies saved on it so I don't have to search through my dvd rack to find a movie. Just scoll and push "X". lol. I'm looking to building a new computer with a blu ray drive so I can rip my blu ray movies and put them on my PS3 as well.. Then I do not have to wait to load my hi-def movies. Though, I have considered putting a SSD in my PS3. lol. Too pricey however.

bread's done
Back