NewEgg $69.99 7" Android Tablet - 48hr Sale - Velocity Micro Cruz Reader

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
I'm sure the post is appreciated, but how is this a gaming deal? I don't see the appeal of a 7" tablet anyways, plus the Nook Color does a great job for anyone interested.

You missed the first line. I, SPECIFICALLY, put PLAY GAMES***, as the first line, for people like YOU!

Not interested, it's not hard to keep it moving. Self control is key. This might interest someone.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']You missed the first line. I, SPECIFICALLY, put PLAY GAMES***, as the first line, for people like YOU!

Not interested, it's not hard to keep it moving. Self control is key. This might interest someone.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute. Android has games? I don't believe it! (sarcasm for those that can't tell from just reading it)

Of course it plays games. Just ignore people like that. I bet he doesn't know you can play iOS games on an iPad too!

Sure Android has games, but according to the reviews I read BEFORE I posted, this thing ISN'T going to play them, or at least not well enough to bother downloading them onto it, plus a stylus is recommended as the touchscreen isn't very responsive. And I wasn't rude about the posting either, I said I'm sure it was appreciated.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I bet he doesn't know you can play iOS games on an iPad too![/QUOTE]

WHAT?!

Here's a review I'm watching at the moment. It seems like a good deal if you need a tablet, but I haven't seen anything yet that makes me absolutely have to have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJGJBztnPJc

Seems kind of slow in the review. I don't really get posting deals on tablets in this forum. Might as well post desktop/laptop deals as well then.

[quote name='jeffrey_dahmer']I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed here if the HP touchpad thread was.[/QUOTE]

That didn't belong here either, but it was so slick a deal that mods just left it. It's one of the few exceptions I've seen in this section. It's now been moved to the right section.

Thank goodness for the IGNORE function! Haven't seen what you wrote in a while! Some of you swear you're captain save a b*tch. A clique of MISERABLE FOLLOWERS. This site has MODS for a reason.

Anywho, the harddrive on this is questionable Amazon has it listed as saying 256mb internal with 4gb sd card included. Memory cards / sticks have been running cheap, though. Some other places mention 4gb, as well. I'd ask first.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wait a minute. Android has games? I don't believe it! (sarcasm for those that can't tell from just reading it)

Of course it plays games. Just ignore people like that. I bet he doesn't know you can play iOS games on an iPad too![/QUOTE]

Right! Lol!

[quote name='cRodz']meh

-- Sent from my HP Touchpad[/QUOTE]

Atleast your TouchPad is working on here. Mine did for the first 2 days, till I did that logging bullsh*t. Oh well. I'll use my iPod Touch on here till I decide if I want to do the rest of those mods.

this a good find, but I don't see why people are so interested in tablets, since they're so inconvenient to use compared to a laptop/ netbook

[quote name='exaznkid']this a good find, but I don't see why people are so interested in tablets, since they're so inconvenient to use compared to a laptop/ netbook[/QUOTE]

I never used one so I don't know, why are they inconvenient, can you run other programs on it?

[quote name='exaznkid']this a good find, but I don't see why people are so interested in tablets, since they're so inconvenient to use compared to a laptop/ netbook[/QUOTE]

Pretty narrow view. I own a netbook and I can assure you it's not convenient for reading books (or comics) in bed (or anywhere really) compared to holding a tablet in one hand and swiping through pages. I don't see it as an either or, they both have their uses.

I know you're thinking, "I want to give her something nice." And, sure, it's 7 inches. And, yeah, you're thinking that you have game with it. But the truth is, she isn't going to be very satisfied in the end.

[quote name='Lanman']I know you're thinking, "I want to give her something nice." And, sure, it's 7 inches. And, yeah, you're thinking that you have game with it. But the truth is, she isn't going to be very satisfied in the end.[/QUOTE]

But it's big and black.

[quote name='survivalism']but it's big and black.[/quote]
emot-LMAO.gif

Someone is trying to get rid of the crappier tablets before Amazon announces theirs next week. iPad + Amazon tablet = Death of most of the other tablets.

[quote name='eliter1']HP Touchpad's firesale + Amazon tablet = Death of most of the other tablets.
[/QUOTE]

fix'd

kind of want one. all i really want is to be able to play video, browse the web a little, social networking, and read when i want to do 1 of those other things and don't want to bring both this and kindle. think it will do all those decent?

I'd get this, but watching the posted video review made me not want this particular model.

I want one just for a portable web browsing, more specifically watching Youtube/internet based videos. My smartphone doesn't want to connect to the Internet anymore.

This is good device for the price, but I wouldn't buy it at the normal retail price. $70 should be the normal price for something like this.

I'm looking more for a better version if not a competitor to the I-pod touch that supports flash video for less than a $100.

I sell these things and 95% of them get returned. Horrible device even at $70. It's basically an ereader and android 2.2 and lower on tablets is just meh without rooting them.

If i hadn't scored an HP Touchpad, I might've bitten on this...all I need a tablet for is cbr/cbz files, anyways.

And all you Gargus clones really need to unclench once in awhile...he's bad enough but duplicates of him are even worse. I mean, how sad must you be to be a wanna-be wanna-be mod? :roll:

So this tablet is decent at best? I know someone who is looking for a HP Touchpad but this might be an alternative for her. I'll check out some reviews.

I have this device, bought it around last December. First ever touch screen anything I have had and I got it because I wanted a reader. I was going to get a kindle but this looked way more functional. Internet, Droid, etc.

Let me tell you, DO NOT think of this as a tablet. I now have the Motorola Xoom and trust me, it's not even close. The Cruz touchscreen is very slow to respond, you really have to put some pressure down to make things happen. I find that it is best used with a stylus.

The Cruz can play games but it has some very, very limited memory for apps. Unless you root it, you cannot access the real Android Marketplace and you will have many issues with many apps.

As a reader I think it's great. You can get kindle and nook books too if you get the proper apps. It's also good if you want something like a tablet to use for the internet or some small task. The browsing is a bit slow but for someone like me who didn't have a smartphone, laptop, etc, it was a cool device.

Since I got my xoom I haven't touched it though. Only get this if you really want a reader to read or if you really don't mind having a very poor man's tablet. It IS NOT comparable to any mainstream tablets of today performance wise.

I used to work for the now dead Borders. We sold this tablets. They are absolute garbage. It's not even worth the plastic they spent assembling them. They are slow to the point of not even being able to read books. Stay away, you'll be glad you did.

bread's done
Back