Newegg 72 Hour Sale. Includes Ridge Racer Unbounded $16, Darkness II LE $15, & more

Tip: always check the item details to see if it is "iron egg" eligible. That means they'll match any price retroactively through the end of the year assuming the sale happens at least 6 hours, isn't clearance, and isn't below their cost.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Ha, that's some "bonus" for the refurb PS3. Good price on Spirit Tracks, though![/QUOTE]

By far the worst Zelda game I've ever played... wouldn't recommend for more than 10 bucks even for die hards.

I'm kinda tempted by The Darkness II.

[quote name='FadeToOne']By far the worst Zelda game I've ever played... wouldn't recommend for more than 10 bucks even for die hards.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't horrible, certainly not in the realm of the CD-i Zelda games, but it's the weakest one Nintendo has done themselves. The dungeons were good but I really missed the sense of exploration in the overworld. Riding through Hyrule on a train just wasn't the same. I got to the final (I think) boss and never finished.

Spirit Tracks is fantastic. People just get their panties in a bunch when they aren't allowed to wander around a map for 20 hours doing nothing. The pacing is excellent and the dungeon design is very strong. The puzzles are smart and the items are all used interestingly.

Darkness 2 isn't bad. It's fairly brief and has some very irritating mechanics (because your character is massively overpowered normally, the levels are absolutely littered with unbreakable light sources to wussify you) but it's worth this price. If you have a couple friends there's a multiplayer option that's fun for an evening as well.

Not part of the sale, but I was amused at Activision pricing the Vita CoD game higher than other Vita games. At $50, why aren't you just buying the console one?

Darkness II is pretty fun if short, but it's been a little cheaper than this before ($12 at BB, I think, without a coupon). Kirby's Epic Yarn is AWESOME.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Not part of the sale, but I was amused at Activision pricing the Vita CoD game higher than other Vita games. At $50, why aren't you just buying the console one?

Darkness II is pretty fun if short, but it's been a little cheaper than this before ($12 at BB, I think, without a coupon). Kirby's Epic Yarn is AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

Darkness 2 Limited Edition hasn't been cheaper than this. The thread title is incorrect.. it's $5.99, not $15 lol.

Is this the Ridge Racer with all the DLC?

EDIT: No, its the Vita version that has that problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stocking stuffer, as I just got Shinobi for $19 from Amazon a few weeks ago. My brother wanted this game, so I've picked it up for him, as well as Spirit Tracks for myself.

Thanks for this thread!

Is the limited edition of Darkness II rare? Or is it like Dead Space 2 where practically every copy is LE? Deciding between getting it now or Steam. Have yet to finish the first one though.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Not part of the sale, but I was amused at Activision pricing the Vita CoD game higher than other Vita games. At $50, why aren't you just buying the console one?

Darkness II is pretty fun if short, but it's been a little cheaper than this before ($12 at BB, I think, without a coupon). Kirby's Epic Yarn is AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

"Premium" Vita titles are supposed to retail at $50(Uncharted did). As far as I know, those are the only two, and Declassified looks like anything but premium. :roll:

Went ahead and picked up Ridge Racer. Been wanting to play it and $16 is hard to pass up for a new copy. Thanks for posting, Bosamba!

Lol...that refurbed ps3 with Die Another Day is one of the weirdest bonus items I've seen. Not even a blu-ray?

It almost reminds me of when the Gamestop preorder bonus for the ps2 version of Silent Hill Origins was the psp version of The Silent Hill Experience...even though most people were buying the port because they didn't have a psp to play the original.

Is Kirby's Epic Yarn worth $16? It looks great, but I know it's been cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back