Newegg $9.99 and up ps3/xbox 360 games sale

I like that for Asura's Wrath it says "Save 34.00 Dollars" lol. I can see this being the normal price for the game soon.

Remember, the game is incomplete, you need the DLC for the real ending, plus the cool Street Fighter battles.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I like that for Asura's Wrath it says "Save 34.00 Dollars" lol. I can see this being the normal price for the game soon.

Remember, the game is incomplete, you need the DLC for the real ending, plus the cool Street Fighter battles.[/QUOTE]

That poor marketing guy probably got fired after the backlash of the trailer for the DLC.

Just tarnished Capcom's name that much more, lol.

Just think, if they just worded it differently, it wouldn't be as bad. :p

[quote name='billydeewilliams']is castlevania lord of shadows worth 9.99?[/QUOTE]

IMO, it definitely is. I really enjoyed it much more than I expected to.

thanks for this. Thats the sweet spot for Asuras Wrath. Complete bullshit about the ending but ive been meaning to play this for a while. I grabbed the ps3 version when it was around this price on amazon a week or so ago now to snag a 360 version for this price. Seriously, capcom just went in the complete shitter the last few years. They keep just raping their fans square in the ass. I hate them more than EA these days

THink i'll pick up Shinobi too. Is there a link to everything on sale? Someone else mentinoed lord of shadows (which i already have)

KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']thanks for this. Thats the sweet spot for Asuras Wrath. Complete bullshit about the ending but ive been meaning to play this for a while. I grabbed the ps3 version when it was around this price on amazon a week or so ago now to snag a 360 version for this price. Seriously, capcom just went in the complete shitter the last few years. They keep just raping their fans square in the ass. I hate them more than EA these days

THink i'll pick up Shinobi too. Is there a link to everything on sale? Someone else mentinoed lord of shadows (which i already have)

KD[/QUOTE]

That was everything video-game wise mentioned in the email.

Must be a random price drop for LoS or something.

[quote name='6er']They don't work?[/QUOTE]

It works for me, anyway, just go into video games and select your console of choice and click on "Discounted Items" on the left side of the screen to set that filter.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']I guess he didn't put enough effort into it.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, each of those links took 3 clicks to get to each! Not including how many times I had to go back to the main video game menu! :D

[quote name='Kenshindono']thanks for this. Thats the sweet spot for Asuras Wrath. Complete bullshit about the ending but ive been meaning to play this for a while. I grabbed the ps3 version when it was around this price on amazon a week or so ago now to snag a 360 version for this price. Seriously, capcom just went in the complete shitter the last few years. They keep just raping their fans square in the ass. I hate them more than EA these days

KD[/QUOTE]

Is Asuras Wrath even a game? I heard it was a bunch of cutscenes with ridiculously little actual gameplay.

[quote name='StryderOmega']With a little effort here is all the "Discounted" games:

Xbox 360

Playstation 3

Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo DS

Playstation Vita

Playstation Portable (PSP)

Nintendo Wii[/QUOTE]

0193_wlqq6.gif

[quote name='StryderOmega']Hey now, each of those links took 3 clicks to get to each! Not including how many times I had to go back to the main video game menu! :D[/QUOTE]

Lol, I know. I was just trying to be a jackass since this is the internet.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']is castlevania lord of shadows worth 9.99?[/QUOTE]

It's probably in my top 5 favorite games of this gen. I'm an old school Castlevania fan and I even liked it. The story is fantastic, it's long, the combat system is fun and challenging, and the graphics are just gorgeous. If all you've ever played are Metroidvanias, you might be disappointed because that gameplay element is missing. If you also loved the 8/16 bit games and wanted more backstory on the Belmont clan, this game is for you.

I think all of the complaints I heard about the game were from people complaining that it wasn't a Metroidvania or that so much of the game is outside, bright, and vibrant. Take into consideration this is an origin story of sorts, and it makes a lot of sense. MercurySteam did a fantastic job with this IP.

I second that emotion. It was one of the sleeper hits, IMO, as well as many others. The longer you play, the better it gets, ending with what was said to be one of the best endings in a video game. Absolutely worth it.

[quote name='ProppaT']...The story is fantastic, it's long, the combat system is fun and challenging, and the graphics are just gorgeous...

I think all of the complaints I heard about the game were from people complaining that it wasn't a Metroidvania...[/QUOTE]

In response to these two comments....first the graphics. If you're a long-time Castlevania fan, you will have goosebumps and loss of breath when you see the typical "Dracula's Castle" portion of the game. There's one moment (no spoilers) where you're getting to the castle and all you see is it and the moon. It makes you think of the beginning of SotN (or end of Rondo of Blood) when you are Richter entering the final chamber vs Dracula...but in great graphics.

As for why people hated it...believe it or not, there are a lot of Castlevania-ites out there and the biggest complaint is that it is a Castlevania REBOOT. They've totally undone the entire story of Castlevania, the Belmonts, and Dracula and retold the story with a VERY unwanted spin on it. Those who've beat the game will know what I mean by final boss.

The game is definitely worth 10 bux...hell it's probably worth close to 30 in my book but be ready to rethink Castlevania if you're going in thinking it's another simple tale of a Belmont going into a castle to defeat Dracula...that's not at all what it is about nor does it even live in that same universe of Castlevania.

All this Castlevania talk is making me think about putting it back into my system haha. Guess it's about that time. It can be my in-between with Borderlands 2...

God my backlog is ridiculous....

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is Asuras Wrath even a game? I heard it was a bunch of cutscenes with ridiculously little actual gameplay.[/QUOTE]

It's got of ton of cut scenes, but there's also QTEs, on-rail sequences, and some brief parts that play like Devil May Cry. The game encourages multiple playthroughs to get higher ranks and unlock more content. I picked it up when Amazon had it for $20 and had planned to trade in back in for $20 back after I played through it, but liked the game so much that I ended up keeping it. As dumb as this may sound, it's less of a game and more of an experience. ;)

Thanks OP, couldn't pass up Shinobi for this price.

Bought both Asura's Wrath (been waiting for the price to drop this low) and Castlevania: LoS.

I'm picking up "scary" video games to play through October. So far I have RE6 (not even sure this qualifies as a "scary" video game), Castlevania: LoS, the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned dlc for Borderlands (trying to beat the first one + all the DLC before moving on to B2)...I'm also thinking of re-playing Dead Space 2 (for the achievements) and maybe buying the stand alone DLC for Infamous 2, "Festival of Blood".

Any other good, "scary", Halloween-esque, video games I can play (more centered around the 360/PS3 than the PC)?

Thanks OP!

I got AW. I've been tempted to get it from Amazon for 20ish, and glad I passed up the recent Gamefly sale.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Any other good, "scary", Halloween-esque, video games I can play (more centered around the 360/PS3 than the PC)?[/QUOTE]

Silent Hill(s)
L4D
Dead Island
Terrible Kinect game but still creepy - Rise of Nightmares
Siren

If you do end up wanting to give PC a try...Amnesia and Penumbra series.

Not sure how old you want to go title wise but there are some games you can turn the lights out and play.

I'm such a sucker, picked up Deadmund's Quest and while I was there got crazy and payed full price for the new PS3 PULSE headset. It does look like a great value for $150 and I do need a set of something.

It's decent though I quit early on because I HATE QTEs with a passion.

[quote name='KryllFood']
Silent Hill(s)
L4D
Dead Island
Terrible Kinect game but still creepy - Rise of Nightmares
Siren

If you do end up wanting to give PC a try...Amnesia and Penumbra series.

Not sure how old you want to go title wise but there are some games you can turn the lights out and play.[/QUOTE]

-L4D 1/2 = I've played and beaten both of them. Good games but more of a co-op game. Want more of a solo experience (seems scarier for me).

-Dead Island = have had this game a couple of times and while its fun killing zombies, that's all there is. Just killing zombies. Want a little more story than DI is offering.

-Rise of Nightmares = only heard that it was a horrible Kinect game but you say its creepy? I might have to check this out.

-Siren = I've been saving this game for October. The demo made it seem like it was like a Fatal Frame or Eternal Darkness-kind-of-a-game.

-Silent Hill = the only SH I've played was SH: Origins for the PSP and I thought it was a pretty good game. I had (or still have, not sure) the original Silent Hill for the PSone but I couldn't get over the clunky controls and the low graphics. I'm sure it's a good game but since I never played it, I don't have the nostalgia factor working for me so I don't think I could ever get into the first couple of Silent Hill games.

Are any of the more recent version of Silent Hill game any good? Homecoming, Shattered Memories, Downpour?...

-RE4 HD = I'm also currently going through this game. I love it and the fact that it creeps me out to play it is even better for me.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']
Any other good, "scary", Halloween-esque, video games I can play (more centered around the 360/PS3 than the PC)?[/QUOTE]

Corpse Party is pretty fucking scary, I had to play with my psp facing away from me most of the time (I'm a baby lol). Sadly its psp (or vita not sure) only but its definitely my favorite scary game.

Silent Hill 1 is pretty good and thats on PSN, 2 and 3 are great too but not on the HD collection (find em on ps2 or pc). I enjoyed shattered memories on the wii as well but its just alright.

RE games are on psn but those are tame, the old ones are mainly jump scares scattered about and the new ones are not scary at all (RE2 is a must play though).

Lone Survivor (indy 2d silent hill game) is amazing but its PC only.

You'll have to go mainly ps2 era or pc games for the best scary games (or import Project Zero 2 on Wii). Sadly that genre is kinda dieing out on console.

Last edited by a moderator:

HELL YES it is!! :D A lot of people who've just looked at videos for the game and/or played maybe 1-2 chapters tend to write it off as a "God of War clone" and while I will say that there is a fair amount of action similar to the GoW style gameplay, there is plenty to distinguish it, especially once you start digging into the game in late Chapter 2 and beyond. The story, in conjunction with the fun gameplay, is what really captured me - I thought it was an excellent reboot for the Castlevania series, starting at ground zero and doing a great job at referencing material from various past Castlevania games. It also looks as if it's going to be incorporating characters and plot pieces from previous Castlevania games in the upcoming Lords of Shadow titles, Mirror of Fate on 3DS and LoS2 for PS3, 360 and probably Wii U. Also, the voice acting for the English translation is excellent with the talents of Robert Carlyle voicing Gabriel and Patrick Stewart narrating and voicing another key character.

The only downside is that there are 2 dlc chapters that I believe are still $9.99 each. I believe I saw them on sale 1 time for 50% off maybe on PSN and idk about on the 360. Overall, I'd say they're really not worth the price IMO based on the gameplay and amount of content. Both are short in terms of levels, especially the 2nd chapter with only 2 levels, and just weren't as fun as the rest of the game IMO. Unfortunately, they do add a lot to the story; but I guess you could just read what happens in those chapters on a faq, wiki, etc. if you don't want drop $20. :razz:

[quote name='Nintendonly']
68.gif
[/QUOTE]

No need to be a douche. Just because it doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to anyone else. Besides, OP didn't include the full list which has many more games on sale.

[quote name='Bosamba']Any difference between the :ps3: and :360: versions of Asura's Wrath?[/QUOTE]

IIRC some have said the PS3 version has some screen-tearing issues.

[quote name='JanusDS']
The only downside is that there are 2 dlc chapters that I believe are still $9.99 each. I believe I saw them on sale 1 time for 50% off maybe on PSN and idk about on the 360. Overall, I'd say they're really not worth the price IMO based on the gameplay and amount of content. Both are short in terms of levels, especially the 2nd chapter with only 2 levels, and just weren't as fun as the rest of the game IMO. Unfortunately, they do add a lot to the story; but I guess you could just read what happens in those chapters on a faq, wiki, etc. if you don't want drop $20. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Just to follow up on this...while you're right that the DLC does "add" to the story, they are in no way necessary to make the story feel complete. LoS by itself is very complete. In fact, it's so complete that mercurysteam (the developers) have admitted that they had NO intention of doing DLC for LoS but just after releasing the game and its unexpected success, Konami tasked them to immediately follow up with some DLC.

That's why the DLC (if you do play it) seems so rushed and unpolished.

[quote name='mrbomb']Corpse Party is pretty fucking scary, I had to play with my psp facing away from me most of the time (I'm a baby lol). Sadly its psp only but its definitely my favorite scary game.

Silent Hill 1 is pretty good and thats on PSN, 2 and 3 are great too but not on the HD collection (find em on ps2 or pc). I enjoyed shattered memories on the wii as well but its just alright.

RE games are on psn but those are tame, the old ones are mainly jump scares scattered about and the new ones are not scary at all (RE2 is a must play though).

Lone Survivor (indy 2d silent hill game) is amazing but its PC only.

You'll have to go mainly ps2 era or pc games for the best scary games (or import Project Zero 2 on Wii). Sadly that genre is kinda dieing out on console.[/QUOTE]

Second Corpse Party. I'm still playing through it and the game definitely has a bit of a creepy factor to it. Great game!

bread's done
Back