Newegg: AC Revelations, Saints Row the 3rd $47.99, Ultimate MvC $29.99 (expired)

FlipSide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
I guess the AC deal is good for people that want to play the game the moment it comes out, but otherwise the AC games (most Ubisoft games, actually) have been notorious for having their price drop sharply within 2-3 months after release.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Dammit. Can't preorder with paypal. =/
Is there a preorder bonus for UMvC3?[/QUOTE]

No there is no preorder bonus for Newegg.

[quote name='suwillgetu']I just spoke with a rep via live chat and they told me that if it's not listed on the product page then they aren't providing it. So I guess that means no preorder bonus if you order from them.[/QUOTE]
Every other store is offering the Professor Genki pack, so I find it hard to believe it won't be included with a New Egg preorder. It's probably one of those preorder bonuses that will be found in new unopened copies of the game when it's slashed down to under $30 months later.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Every other store is offering the Professor Genki pack, so I find it hard to believe it won't be included with a New Egg preorder. It's probably one of those preorder bonuses that will be found in new unopened copies of the game when it's slashed down to under $30 months later.[/QUOTE]

That's possible, but the only thing that's making me think that it's not a code put inside the game case is the description on Gamestop.com:

Online Customers: A code with instructions on how to redeem your code will be emailed to you when your game ships.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A code with instructions on how to redeem your code will be printed on your receipt at time of purchase.

[quote name='leeyum']Does newegg charge immediatly after placing preorder? Tempted by UMVC3 for PS3[/QUOTE]

Nope, they charge when it ships.

I'm guessing this isn't release day shipping? I LOVE Saints row but I want Professor Genki and I want to play it on release.

Awesome, I literally canceled my preorder for UMvcC3 yesterday at evil Gamestop yesterday after I saw how lazy/cheap their preorder bonus pack appeared to me. I thought "there is no need to have this on release when it is likely Capcom would offer the costume packs for regular sale on XBL/PSN later ... so I can wait for the game to be cheaper later." Now at $30, I think I will bite even without a preorder bonus DLC (they are just costume changes, none too cool yet, closest are classic Strider Hiryu and Graceland MODOK, but likely not worth the likely XBL/PSN price to me).

Thanks OP ... that makes 2 preorders with Newegg for me. I am glad they are emerging as another alternative for my videogame shopping (I rarely even buy from Gamestop, no deals, dislike thier "new" game policy ... only recently did I finally purchase something from them just for a preorder bonus: Otomedius Excellent ... now that's the only necessary evil I'll commit)

Snagged UMvsC3 for my 360. I didn't have the cash for the regular version when it came out, but $30 is too good to pass up.

[quote name='FlipSide']Nope, they charge when it ships.[/QUOTE]

ugh I was just about to pull the trigger until I read this. I was hoping they would charge immediatley last thing I need is to delay anything because I spent too much on a gamefly deal lol. Any idea on shipping? Does it arrive on the release day or whenever it can because its free ( a la Gamefly?) I never ordered games from Neweg before.

[quote name='Calinks']I'm guessing this isn't release day shipping? I LOVE Saints row but I want Professor Genki and I want to play it on release.[/QUOTE]
You may or may not get it on release. Depends on how fast they can get it out the door. I preordered 2 games this year with them. Rage and the Team Ico Collection.

Team Ico Came on release. Rage came the day after.

I put a preorder down for MvC 3. I don't know if I will keep it but it's good to lock it in now, plus I got $26 when I offloaded MvC 3 to Best Buy a few months ago so in theory this is only costing me $4 to upgrade. :D

Tempted to get SR3 for PS3 from Newegg, but You don't get that "Professor Genki pack" DLC do you? Or is that only from certain retalers?

Thanks OP. Pre-ordered a UMvC3 for 360. The $30 price tag makes biting the bullet on this slightly easier if you make it = to buying 12 DLC characters and however many stages for $30. ($2.50 or 200 MSP a character (half-price on previous DLC), I can live with that). That, and there's new achievements/no tax. And anyone who doesn't own the vanilla already, you're getting quite the value. For comparison SSFIV: AE is $40 (compared to $20 for SSFIV) and it only comes with 4 characters ($5/400 MSP a piece or, if you're buying the DLC update, $3.75 a piece).

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Thanks OP. Pre-ordered a UMvC3 for 360. The $30 price tag makes biting the bullet on this slightly easier if you make it = to buying 12 DLC characters and however many stages for $30. ($2.50 or 200 MSP a character (half-price on previous DLC), I can live with that). That, and there's new achievements/no tax. And anyone who doesn't own the vanilla already, you're getting quite the value. For comparison SSFIV: AE is $40 (compared to $20 for SSFIV) and it only comes with 4 characters ($5/400 MSP a piece or, if you're buying the DLC update, $3.75 a piece).[/QUOTE]

Not only 12 new characters. With all the changes made, buffs and nerfs for all the characters and the new gameplay features (like air X-Factor) now it's more than obvious that the vanilla MvC3 was only a full-priced-nine-month-beta created to test our patience and wallets ;)

Check the Marvel characters official changelog here.

[quote name='FerDK']Not only 12 new characters. With all the changes made, buffs and nerfs for all the characters and the new gameplay features (like air X-Factor) now it's more than obvious that the vanilla MvC3 was only a full-priced-nine-month-beta created to test our patience and wallets ;)

Check the Marvel characters official changelog here.[/QUOTE]

Lol, definitely. I think me and everyone else got that vibe upon release, just felt unfinished/bare bones, certainly without spectator mode. You could tell there was more coming. Thank you for the changelog, btw, recent article, probably why I hadn't seen it yet. Now we just have to wait for them to nerf the new characters.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Lol, definitely. I think me and everyone else got that vibe upon release, just felt unfinished/bare bones, certainly without spectator mode. You could tell there was more coming. Thank you for the changelog, btw, recent article, probably why I hadn't seen it yet. Now we just have to wait for them to nerf the new characters.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. When I saw and played the game at gamestop when it came out it felt lime such a empty game. Not to mention after street fighter 4 was re released 4 times after the original I knew they would re release this game. It's still fucked up that Jill and shuma aren't in this. Not to mention you have to pay 10 bucks for them :(

[quote name='strait edge follower']Indeed. When I saw and played the game at gamestop when it came out it felt lime such a empty game. Not to mention after street fighter 4 was re released 4 times after the original I knew they would re release this game. It's still fucked up that Jill and shuma aren't in this. Not to mention you have to pay 10 bucks for them :([/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's not like they couldn't fit 'em on the disk, pretty sure they're mostly disc unlocks. But I guess it's to ease the suffering of those like me who bought the CE or the DLC at launch.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Indeed. When I saw and played the game at gamestop when it came out it felt lime such a empty game. Not to mention after street fighter 4 was re released 4 times after the original I knew they would re release this game. It's still fucked up that Jill and shuma aren't in this. Not to mention you have to pay 10 bucks for them :([/QUOTE]

And get ready for at least 10 new DLC characters and a bunch of costume packs. They will have my money if I see there Gene from God Hand :boxing:

[quote name='FerDK']And get ready for at least 10 new DLC characters and a bunch of costume packs. They will have my money if I see there Gene from God Hand :boxing:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget megaman lol. when I read a while back that he wasn't going to be in this version that made me fear that a hyper turbo edition will be released after ultimate is. I'm honestly nervous about picking up the ultimate edition. Heck I still haven't brought street fighter 4. At least the wait lets me look out for the arcade edition to get cheap.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the grave...

I placed a pre-order a few weeks ago for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ps3 for $30 (using an email promo code).

A few minutes ago I just received 4 emails:
First one said that my order was confirmed, in stock and ready to ship :D
Second one said that my order was cancelled :cry:
Third and fourth email said that my account is suspended :cold:
I received all this emails within minutes.

In the past I have only placed two orders with new egg (Brutal Legend Ps3 for $10 and Star Wars TFUII Collector´s Edition Ps3 for $20). I received both orders with no issues or problems at all.

I contacted CS and they "don´t know why my account was suspended", they said that they will have some info about it in a few hours :drool:

This is very frustrating.
Any ideas why my account was suspended?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='unc13 buck']No idea but Newegg is awesome and their CS is one of the best I have dealt with.[/QUOTE]

and I've had the opposite effect, when their CS literally accused me of returning a product to them that wasn't theirs (aka fraud).

I bought a Blu-Ray drive, and the pin on the back was broken upon receiving it... so I instantly sent it back (that same day) at my own expense, and they claimed they don't sell "that model number" -- they refused to send me a new drive, and basically accused me of fraud... until I made a blog post on here, and a NewEgg rep found it and contacted me.. however they STILL accused me of the same thing, but they did end up sending me a new drive (which was all I asked for, I didn't even want a refund, I only wanted a working Blu-Ray drive).

Since then, I've barely dealt with NewEgg. Especially for computer parts.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']and I've had the opposite effect, when their CS literally accused me of returning a product to them that wasn't theirs (aka fraud).

I bought a Blu-Ray drive, and the pin on the back was broken upon receiving it... so I instantly sent it back (that same day) at my own expense, and they claimed they don't sell "that model number" -- they refused to send me a new drive, and basically accused me of fraud... until I made a blog post on here, and a NewEgg rep found it and contacted me.. however they STILL accused me of the same thing, but they did end up sending me a new drive (which was all I asked for, I didn't even want a refund, I only wanted a working Blu-Ray drive).

Since then, I've barely dealt with NewEgg. Especially for computer parts.[/QUOTE]

LOL wow, are you serious? A rep found your blog post only to accuse you of fraud AGAIN? I wonder if someone else had previously returned the wrong model and then they sent it out to you (meaning someone else committed fraud but the blame got placed on you for their error).

[quote name='FerDK']Sorry to bring this thread back from the grave...

I placed a pre-order a few weeks ago for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ps3 for $30 (using an email promo code).

A few minutes ago I just received 4 emails:
First one said that my order was confirmed, in stock and ready to ship :D
Second one said that my order was cancelled :cry:
Third and fourth email said that my account is suspended :cold:
I received all this emails within minutes.

In the past I have only placed two orders with new egg (Brutal Legend Ps3 for $10 and Star Wars TFUII Collector´s Edition Ps3 for $20). I received both orders with no issues or problems at all.

I contacted CS and they "don´t know why my account was suspended", they said that they will have some info about it in a few hours :drool:

This is very frustrating.
Any ideas why my account was suspended?[/QUOTE]

WTF? I hope that gets sorted out because if it is as you say, then that's seriously fucked up

[quote name='ssjmichael']WTF? I hope that gets sorted out because if it is as you say, then that's seriously fucked up[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I received a new email... it says:

"Your account has now been unblocked. Please make sure that you place future orders within the USA in order to prevent your account from being blocked again".

My billing and shipping addresses are located within continental USA, so I just chatted with a rep, and it seems that the problem is my IP address (I live in Lima-Peru) and that´s why the system is not letting my order proceed.

I told her that my previous orders went through with no issues at all, and she replied that that´s because they were minor ammounts ($10 and $20).
So it seems that the New Egg system is ok with possible cyber fraud with orders for $29 or less... LOL

I enter my account and my pre-order for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($30) is now VOID.

I will close for good my account at New Egg, and I will stick with Amazon, anyway more than 75% of my video game purchases go with them.

bread's done
Back