Newegg build, case comes day early

ricky715

CAGiversary!
My case comes a day earlier than the parts, so I will be really bored. What should I do to mod it/ pimp it out? I want to drill some holes in the case for some easier wire management, thats the easy stuff. Its an Anthea Power cheapie for a budget build.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811192061

Want me to put some spinners, some stickers, whatever is pimp to you on it? Tell me!

Last edited by a moderator:
haha i was starting to write something else , but it came out like that, no i do not want to hump the case, do u have any actual suggestion though?

No, my $1500+ quad core gaming rig actually looks cheaper than some of my p4 machines. air flow is what matters the rest is kind of pointless.

ok then

not to dog you out, but ive heard that quad cores aren't really the best for gaming, since they dont utilize the extra cores. Is that true?

You should draw some bad ass designs on it in pencil then go over them in white paint or a silver sharpie.

Yes it's true that quad core isn't best for gaming but the truth is that most games don't take advantage of 2 cores. So if you're going to do it big, might as well do it right.

[quote name='ricky715']not to dog you out, but ive heard that quad cores aren't really the best for gaming, since they dont utilize the extra cores. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

Some do. And more and more will, as time passes.

Future proofing.

[quote name='ricky715']ok then

not to dog you out, but ive heard that quad cores aren't really the best for gaming, since they dont utilize the extra cores. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

Depends. If you take two identical computers and put a quad core and dual core clocked at the same speed the quad core will outperform the dual core all the time. The reason dual cores are typically better for gaming is because they can overclock more and can get better clock speeds out of them. Most games aren't optimized for multithreading and those game will benefit from the higher clock speed. Ones that are optimized will bsee better results from the quad. I don't overclock, and I do things on my computer other than gaming, so the quad made sense.

These are some rough specs, if you want I'll make some more specific ones later.
Its a budget build for a friend, and he will pay me if I make it 'pimp' as he puts it, so thats why I ask.

C2D Wolfdale 3GHZ
OCZ 2GB DDR2http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138122
BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 (Cheapie, but Biostar isn't as bad as I thought it was, It's running my current rig pretty well)
EVGA 8800GS which has the best price/performance anyware and Is incredibly cheap!
HITACHI Deskstar 160GB SATA 3GB/s

Its pretty good for the total cost, $575. Some of the parts included in the cost, misc items, fans, paste etc. arent on the list but ill add them if you really want.

Well if you are looking to pimp a case, you could strip all the paint off of it and do a custom paint job. That stone speck spraypaint would look pretty good in my opinion.

However, that may take more than a day... and I can't imagine waiting to put my computer together when I have a perfectly good case.

bread's done
Back