Newegg.com 17.75 % off now with CB

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
UPDATE Deal has expired

Newegg.com is having a 15% off up to 50 when using paypal (limited use) combine with microsoft's cashback currently at 2.75%

www.newegg.com

wont last long, ends after x amount of uses or the 16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good deal is the HD 4830 at around 75ish after rebate. Considered best bang for your buck, and this was at 120 according to tom's hardware guide.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Anyone tech savvy? I'm trying to get RAM for my Dell E1505. I'm looking at G.Skill vs Crucial. Not sure who to go with.[/quote]
gskill is great, but if you can get crucial for about the same price w comparable specs it's def the way to go!

fyi, just like 50% off with one promotion then 50% off with another promotion would not equal 100%, this does not equal 17.75%. it's 15% off then 2.75% off

example: $10 minus 50%($5) = $5 minus 50%($2.50) = $2.50
not: $10 minus 100%($10) = $0

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Anyone tech savvy? I'm trying to get RAM for my Dell E1505. I'm looking at G.Skill vs Crucial. Not sure who to go with.[/quote]

Crucial is almost always better ( but usually more expensive too ). I got a great deal on some G.Skill when I was building mine and they've worked out great!

I've got g.skill in my laptop and crucial in my desktop and have never had a problem with either. Crucial is well known for selling high-quality memory so I would go with them as long as it's not a huge price difference.

Is this supposed to work like the Live search? I can't get any Newegg stuff to show up in the "Sponsored sites" box.

I believe you just go through Live's cashback stores (newegg should be one of them listed).

I'm having trouble getting the paypal payment to go through w/ newegg for some reason, though. Hopefully it's some random error that'll fix itself...

Newegg use to be such a great store, but ever since they started charging high shipping prices I just don't find very many good deals there any more. The lowest shipping cost seems to be $8.95. A Wii points card for $19.99 + $8.95 shipping? Ouch. They don't even show you the shipping cost any more until after you've added the items to your cart (and look at them in the cart), due to the high costs.)

However, they do have free shipping on many games right now. I picked up a copy of Speed Racer Wii for $16.99 shipped after 15% cash back (didn't think about combining with Live at the time).

Is this already done? At the submit order page and no 15% off even though the paypal page said it qualified. Or is it just cash back?

[quote name='venom077']Is this already done? At the submit order page and no 15% off even though the paypal page said it qualified. Or is it just cash back?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's cash back.

[quote name='Jackalope']Do they actually send cash back? I prefer the green stuff personally.[/QUOTE]

check or paypal (referring to MIcrosoft cashback)

Turns out I needed to send things to a confirmed address. Hope the cashback comes as promised, though I got good deals on 2 TB HDDs nevertheless.

FYI both of the cashback amounts are taken off the original price so the cashback does indeed equal 17.75%. It works the same if you use a coupon on ebay and then get cashback as well.

[quote name='iamthekiller']fyi, just like 50% off with one promotion then 50% off with another promotion would not equal 100%, this does not equal 17.75%. it's 15% off then 2.75% off

example: $10 minus 50%($5) = $5 minus 50%($2.50) = $2.50
not: $10 minus 100%($10) = $0[/quote]

[quote name='saturnotaku']Just did this to pick up a GeForce GTX 280 for $310 after MIR.[/quote]

wow it makes my order from friday look much nicer..

my gtx 280 was about $230 after ebay cash back..brand new . I only put down like $100 out of pocket because i had a a balance on my paypal account from old cashbacks!

man... and I just placed an order a couple of days ago for a USB Thumb Drive and LittleBIGPlanet... oh well, free shipping and no tax is always nice at least.

[quote name='thepik241']What is a good video card for a good price?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how much you can spend. There are good deals at every tech and price level.

Anyone looking for a really cheap video card, check out the PowerColor HD 2600XT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131066

Besides the rebate, promo code EMCBCBFBA takes off an additional $5. Can't really beat it for $30 after rebate. The good thing about this card is, if have a pre-built from the last few years or so, you won't have to upgrade your power supply. It should run fine on any crappy 300W PSU, assuming you haven't stuffed a bunch of hard drives in your machine. Yes, there are much, much, much better cards than this one, but you'll have to spend a little more to get sufficient, quality PSU.

By the way, if you are in the market for computer hardware, I would suggest making sure you are signed up for the Newegg newsletter. Besides getting the promo codes (which usually aren't great, but still save you a few bucks), it will also point out other good deals they are having around their site.

well, i just bought $100 bucks worth of stuff, the only problem with the deal is "while funds last" it could all be horseshit and paypal might only give cashbacks to 5 people.

[quote name='Migeru']well, i just bought $100 bucks worth of stuff, the only problem with the deal is "while funds last" it could all be horseshit and paypal might only give cashbacks to 5 people.[/QUOTE]

They're just trying to avoid the debacle that was their 30% off Paypal purchases thing of last year (or however much percent off it was)

[quote name='guyver2077']wow it makes my order from friday look much nicer..

my gtx 280 was about $230 after ebay cash back..brand new . I only put down like $100 out of pocket because i had a a balance on my paypal account from old cashbacks![/quote]

Problem with eBay purchases, though, is that you may not necessarily get warranty support from the manufacturer, unless the seller provides you with a copy of the original invoice he or she used to buy the card. eVGA explicitly states no warranty for items bought on eBay.

It's a risk, but I'd rather spend a little more and have the peace of mind knowing that I'll be fully protected in case something goes wrong.

Beware of newegg's free shipping, it's painfully slow.I've had an order coming for over a week and the tracking number sill doesn't work. They used to use UPS for their free shipping, but now it's some DHL/USPS hybrid system.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Problem with eBay purchases, though, is that you may not necessarily get warranty support from the manufacturer, unless the seller provides you with a copy of the original invoice he or she used to buy the card. eVGA explicitly states no warranty for items bought on eBay.

It's a risk, but I'd rather spend a little more and have the peace of mind knowing that I'll be fully protected in case something goes wrong.[/quote]

Hopefully i will be ok. Skimmed through the evga rma terms etc and it seems that I will be covered once i register the product. No specific mention of ebay anywhere.

Crap. O well. Cant step up or rma i guess.. No fc2 either now..Still may be worth at the end of the day

I made a quick decision because ironically my current msi card just died and im in the process of rma'ing that card. Plus the cashback was decently high.

And you cant beat evga with them giving away 3dmark vantage and far cry 2

Last edited by a moderator:
how do i search new egg to get the extra 2.75% and where does it say 15% back? i'm on live and the new egg store doesn't pop up

NM, i just found the 2.75%, but where is the 15%?

[quote name='jpw21683']Fully explained by clicking the graphic on the Newegg homepage.[/quote]

I totally thought that was an ad. thanks

[quote name='guyver2077']Hopefully i will be ok. Skimmed through the evga rma terms etc and it seems that I will be covered once i register the product. No specific mention of ebay anywhere.
[/quote]

From the eVGA FAQ:

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/?f=58089

Products purchased second hand or from auction sites are not covered under warranty with EVGA. The terms and conditions of the warranty policy state that only the original purchaser of the product is entitled to warranty options with EVGA. If the product was purchased second hand or from an auction site, they would not be the original purchaser and would have no warranty.

Thank you OP, christmas shopping for my little brothers just got significantly cheaper. On related note it's a pretty solid deal for a PS3 controller($40-17.75%) with free shipping.

bread's done
Back