Newegg.com / Gamecrate.com Activision PC Digital Game Sale (ends 12/29)

suicide.gif

I can do that, too.

Suggestions:

$10 club:

Dragon Age: Inquisition PC download -> req. Origin

Assassin's Creed: Rogue PC download -> req. UPlay

Assassin's Creed: Unity PC download -> req. UPlay

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor -> Steam
now u just scared Jeff away... :drool:

That link is pulling in waaaaaaaaaaay more than just Ubisoft deals.

Edit: {stupid CAG 3.0}

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see NewEggJeff communicating with us CAG's here and trying to actually deliver some sales...

...even though it looks like there's nothing here for me.

I'm glad to see NewEggJeff communicating with us CAG's here and trying to actually deliver some sales...

...even though it looks like there's nothing here for me.
Hey the xbox deal fell flat. Doesn't mean I hate you guys, I just need to push promotions to get better deals. =)

And no more hype threads that's for sure. =p

Hey the xbox deal fell flat. Doesn't mean I hate you guys, I just need to push promotions to get better deals. =)

I think the other problem is - I buy tons of games, especially when they get sales that I am willing to spend some $ on...

I'll just have to keep waiting for some kind of killer sale on FF XIII-2 PC + Dragon Age: Inquisition PC... ;)

Oh, and a killer 4 GB VRAM GeForce 970 sale would be nice, too. ;)

Most people around here who were willing to pick up the xbox one at BF prices or around that already have. I really don't understand why people got so mad about it. It wasnt a terrible deal...

I think finding us CAG's some deals on components for our CAR(cheap ass rigs) would please people like me and mysterD. My old 970BE and 6970 need a upgrade. Mostly for the video work that I do on the side, it still runs most games really well.

Most people around here who were willing to pick up the xbox one at BF prices or around that already have. I really don't understand why people got so mad about it. It wasnt a terrible deal...

I think finding us CAG's some deals on components for our CAR(cheap ass rigs) would please people like me and mysterD. My old 970BE and 6970 need a upgrade. Mostly for the video work that I do on the side, it still runs most games really well.
I am working with our VGA team right now to get 2 different deals on 970s because you guys asked.

1 will be a game and a $10 giftcard and the other will be eligible for MASTERPASS promo (15 off 75+)

We are limited at the moment because the cards are so new so hopefully these help:

GIGABYTE GV-N970IXOC-4GD GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125706
$329.99 w/ $10 MIR + 1 free game + $10 newegg gift card

MSI G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127835
$15 OFF + $10 MIR mobile purchase using MBLMASTER15 promocode and using MasterPass at checkout (MOBILE ONLY)

The Games Allowed on the first one:
http://promotions.newegg.com/vga/14-5547/index.html

I am working with our VGA team right now to get 2 different deals on 970s because you guys asked.

1 will be a game and a $10 giftcard and the other will be eligible for MASTERPASS promo (15 off 75+)

We are limited at the moment because the cards are so new so hopefully these help:

NOT LIVE YET:

GIGABYTE GV-N970IXOC-4GD GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125706
$329.99 w/ $10 MIR + 1 free game + $10 newegg gift card

MSI G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127835
$15 OFF + $10 MIR mobile purchase using MBLMASTER15 promocode and using MasterPass at checkout (MOBILE ONLY)

The Games Allowed on the first one:
http://promotions.newegg.com/vga/14-5547/index.html
I do appreciate you putting deals together and listening to us - that's great. An excellent start, yes.

But, as someone who buys games on the cheap - free games coming w/ video-cards don't entice me. Mind you, AC Unity looks like a technical disaster and something that should've been in development for at least another 6 months or so; Far Cry 4 looks like more Far Cry 3 (and I recently finished FC3 - so I don't need another FC game already); and The Crew looks like an online-only version of Test Drive Unlimited 2 that still need some more issues stomped out (i.e. go see the reviews).

It's the actual price of the video-card itself that'll entice me to buy.

Those 970's need to drop a bit, to suit me. I understand - they're selling well; they can be OC'ed to the power of the $500+ card if you know what you're doing (the GF 980) + willing to take the risk (on voiding your warranty); and none of the companies want to sell them for less. That's fine.

But, that ain't gonna get me to move on buying, if they ain't gonna move some mountains a bit here. I can certainly wait a bit.

This place is called Cheap Ass Gamer for a reason. This is not MSRP Gamer or Close-To-MSRP Gamer.

Best I got on those currently.  New cards are new cards.

Agreed on the games I'm waiting for patches before I grab Unity.

You should have seen FC4 on our max machine here (named JackHammer) they use for GameCrate.

It was beautiful.

Agreed on the games I'm waiting for patches before I grab Unity.
That rule goes especially for Unity. In general - that's my rule for most games: wait for price-drops + some patches behind it. It just ain't worth buying ASAP anymore, these day and age.

With the way things are today - with pushing the game out the door often way too early and turning early buyers into Paying Alpha/Beta Testers; inevitable Season Passes; DLC's galore to the point I can't even keep up w/ it (see games like SR3 + SR4, and BL2 w/ ridiculous + copious amounts of DLC's); games getting re-released editions later w/ way more content packages; re-released HD version coming within a few years; and other annoying business practices - there's almost no real reasons anymore to buy games ASAP.

I still need to work some more on Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, which I just recently purchased. I can wait on ACU - especially since my GF 560 Ti does not meet the very-beefy minimum requirement (GF 680); I need a new vid card to even think of running ACU (and the GF 970 is still quite pricey, IMHO); and likely I'll probably have a case of "AC Burn-Out" again after Black Flag.

Really, though - UbiSoft needs to slow down w/ these AC games - since they often ain't changing + evolving the AC formula super-duper much, anyways.

I'm about 25% on Black Flag right now.  Gotta collect EVERYTHING!

It really is the best AC game IMO outside of the ending to AC2 (so meta).

Might be the first game I 100%.

I did just re-purchase the Ezio Trilogy for ps3 during a bf sale so I'm going to work on those again shortly.

WoW raiding taking up wayyyyy too much time lately.

I'm about 25% on Black Flag right now. Gotta collect EVERYTHING!
"Collect everything" is certainly normally NOT a mentality for me. It's normally "Play til the main quest ends or I get bored with the game."

And then, it's onto the next game.

It really is the best AC game IMO outside of the ending to AC2 (so meta).

Might be the first game I 100%.

I did just re-purchase the Ezio Trilogy for ps3 during a bf sale so I'm going to work on those again shortly.
I liked the set-up for the AC2 ending and where it was heading...

....but like how most AC games - especially in the early days - had nasty + abrupt cliffhangers, so I really don't care for the cliffhanger business.

I liked AC2 + ACB the best, out of the AC games that I've played so far (finished AC1, 2, ACB, ACR, AC3; working on AC4).

Granted, I ain't finished AC4 - so, I'll hold judgment on that, until I actually finish it. I'm only around 5 hours into AC4.

I'm not normally a collect everything guy but for some reason the promise of a dead skeleton crew for 100% of the game sounds amazing.

bread's done
Back