NewEgg.com Rock Band $159.99

not only that but it's newegg. They are just amazing all around.

Ordered a comp from them (built my own that is) Got the parts in 1 day and just did standard shipping :D

Muncle, do you or anyone else know how much authorization they put on your card at the time of order? I assume they don't actually charge you until it ships, but I want to make sure the authorization doesn't push my card over its limit.

I like Newegg...but the tax and shipping prices irks me since the Distribution Center is the next block down from my workplace.

[quote name='eastx']Muncle, do you or anyone else know how much authorization they put on your card at the time of order? I assume they don't actually charge you until it ships, but I want to make sure the authorization doesn't push my card over its limit.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember what they did for Halo 3, but I am about 80% positive that they charge at shipping. But again, you might want to get someone else's opinion...I can't remember!

Yes, but you just ordered one of these, so could you please check and see how much authorization they put on it?

Thanks OP, I ordered one for $165. Haven't been authorized or charged anything yet, don't think they will until it ships but I'm not 100% sure.

the q is, when will it drop?

and can you cancel pre-orders at new-egg?

so far the "deals" for me cuz i live in california are

176 shipped from newegg
170 shipped from deepdiscount
199 shipped from amazon (when will that go back down)

how fast is the 5 dollar shipping from newegg?

[quote name='DrazenX']the q is, when will it drop?

176 shipped from newegg

how fast is the 5 dollar shipping from newegg?[/quote]

Newegg has some of the fastest shipping I have ever seen. I've order many computer parts from them that arrived in 2-3 days and I don't expect any less for Rockband. Even though it might look like the Amazon deal is better, I'd take Newegg and pay the extra 7 bucks to get my game weeks earlier than Amazon's free shipping method.

[quote name='DrazenX']the q is, when will it drop?

176 shipped from newegg

how fast is the 5 dollar shipping from newegg?[/quote]

The $199 from Amazon is only because it is not being sold by Amazon - it is from a 3rd party vendor. Amazon noted that they were no longer taking preorders for it because they wanted to make sure they could meet demand for it.

Newegg is awesome as far as shipping time goes - however, I am not sure how awesome they are with pre-orders.

If past experiences with Newegg are any indication of how this order will get handled, I should have it at my doorstep Monday or Tuesday morning.

I would prefer Amazon since I don't get charged tax, but since that won't be an option, I got in on this for $176 shipped.

[quote name='eastx']Yes, but you just ordered one of these, so could you please check and see how much authorization they put on it?[/QUOTE]

Hah..okay I checked using my online statement things, and it shows up on the statement but it hasn't charged me. Probably will charge me when it ships

Does anyone know when it'll ship? If it ships before Thanksgiving, I'll get it, but if I have to wait for 3-4 days after the 23rd, I'd rather have my wife pick my copy up when she goes out on Black Friday (annual thing for her).

[quote name='muncle']I can't remember what they did for Halo 3, but I am about 80% positive that they charge at shipping. But again, you might want to get someone else's opinion...I can't remember![/QUOTE]

For Halo 3, Newegg charged at the time of order. I ordered mine the Wednesday before launch, and my cc was charged immediately. This is a great deal for me b/c even though it is a only little bit cheaper than in store, I won't have to pay tax or fight with the BF crowd. I get charged tax from Amazon, so this is probably the cheapest I will get it online. Thanks, OP!

I stay out all Thanksgiving for the Black Friday sale. Hopefully stores will be selling the game at that time because it has been my plan all along.

was going to post this if nobody else had, but just wanted to say thanx to the OP and bump for the near-future release. i'm really glad newegg is offering it. for me, the $5 shipping charge is totally worth it as my last 3-day shipping arrived next-day.

Ooo... people who haven't ordered from newegg? I recall the shipping for my computer parts came much sooner than I had expected it. I use them for almost everything pertaining to computers and it's always been excellent shipping and service. Hopefully that budges a few of you who may be on the fence about newegg.

I just pre-ordered from newegg.com let me say to anyone who hasn't shopped at newegg, they are the BEST company I've EVER dealt with in the on-line world. Their customer service is uncanny (in the rare case you do have a problem) shipping is super fast (I have ordered stuff on many occasions and gotten it the next day without paying anything extra to rush the order).

I'm just hoping they have enough to meet demand.

So can I assume it says 'Out of stock' simply because the game hasn't been technically released yet? I just don't want to order it and then find out it's not going to ship on 11/20.

[quote name='IOWABERG']So can I assume it says 'Out of stock' simply because the game hasn't been technically released yet? I just don't want to order it and then find out it's not going to ship on 11/20.[/quote]

checked another pre-order (mario galaxy, the only thing i could think of besides gta4, which they didn't have) and it too lists out-of-stock, so i think your assumption is safe.

Has anybody who pre-ordered with Newegg heard from them yet? I pre-ordered the PS3 version last Monday and I haven't heard anything substantive. I just did a live chat with their customer service and it was no help. I was told there was no ETA on shipment time for the pre-order. I asked if they had enough stock to cover pre-orders and I was told that if you were able to pre-order it, then you will receive the item. But when?

[quote name='ev_rock']Has anybody who pre-ordered with Newegg heard from them yet? I pre-ordered the PS3 version last Monday and I haven't heard anything substantive. I just did a live chat with their customer service and it was no help. I was told there was no ETA on shipment time for the pre-order. I asked if they had enough stock to cover pre-orders and I was told that if you were able to pre-order it, then you will receive the item. But when?[/quote]

I got the same message. The game comes out tomorrow but no message from newegg.

I pre-ordered from newegg a full month ago--according to the chat, I should receive a shipping e-mail within six hours... yet my status still shows as 'not transferred'.... we'll see :)

I pre-ordered only very recently, and no status change for me. Hopefully this ships by tomorrow. wampa8jedi - Let us know if yours ships! I shouldn't have ordered so late in the game, but I've got my fingers crossed.

[quote name='monstericreated']I pre-ordered only very recently, and no status change for me. Hopefully this ships by tomorrow. wampa8jedi - Let us know if yours ships! I shouldn't have ordered so late in the game, but I've got my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

At a bare minimum, people should sign into the chat and see what they're saying about the orders...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']At a bare minimum, people should sign into the chat and see what they're saying about the orders...[/quote]

I'll definitely do that once I get home. Thanks for the heads up.

Where is this chat exactly, and how do I get into it? I preordered RB for 360 just over a week ago from Newegg and would be happy to join into this chat and post what they are saying here. Of course, at the moment, I can't spend too much time on the computer, but when I get back I would like to see where this chat is :)

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like I found it...

Edit 2: This was my conversation with them:
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Tiana. How may I assist you today?
Me: Hello, I was wondering, I preordered the Rock Band Special Edition bundle for Xbox 360 and just wanted to know if my order will be shipping tomorrow?
Tiana: Yes , it will ship on the release date .
Me: OK, thank you very much. I know it is going to be in very short supply with the holiday season, and just wanted to make sure :)

Another slightly minor wrinkle to this story: the game itself is listed on newegg as "In Stock," but the bundle is still listed as "Out of Stock." Not sure if that's good news or bad. If I don't get an e-mail from them by the end of the day, I think I might stop by my local Target on the way to work tomorrow and see if I can snag it when they open at 8:00 a.m.

I just did the live chat thing, and here's what I was told:

chatinfo.gif
Please wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Joe. How may I assist you today?
Me: Hi, Joe. I pre-ordered the Rock Band bundle last Thursday, and I'm slightly worried about it shipping since it's in such high demand. Do you know if my order will ship tomorrow, on release date?
Joe: You will receive an email giving you the status of the order and the tracking # will be sent to you as well within the next 2-6 hours.
Me: Alright, great. Thanks for your help!

Sounds promising.

Not looking good guys; per my very recent conversation:

Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Tiana. How may I assist you today?
me: Hi there Tiana
me: I spoke with one of your fellow representatives this morning regarding this order
me: they informed me that it would be shipping today, and that I would receive a tracking number within six hours... that was over seven hours ago
me: Will the item actually ship today?
me: As of right now, it still shows my status as 'not transferred'
Tiana: I have read the conversation with the last rep and it shows you will be email the tracking # once the order is released.
Tiana: You should receive the package on the day that it is released or the day after
me: So I should not be concerned about the fact that my status says 'not transferred' and that, according to the order page, I'm still allowed to cancel my order?
Tiana: You should not be concerned the item is not in stock at the moment.
me: ...But it's shipping today, even though it is not in stock?
Tiana: It will ship when the item comes in stock sir and you will be emailed the tracking #.
me: When is the item expected to come in stock?
Tiana: I cannot say, we do not have an ETA on any items.

I'm going to try once my six hours is up. Her story doesn't really make any sense, imo. Blah. I guess I'll try around 6 CST to be sure (since they only have the live chat till 7 CST, I think).

Tiana was the person I got this morning for my chat, and I had a very similar conversation with her. ETA appears to be her go-to acronym. I spoke with someone else a few hours later (Lon, I think), who seemed to think that the bundle would ship tomorrow, but couldn't say for sure until the item was in stock. I'm guessing none of these people know for sure, because we've all gotten slightly different replies to our questions.

Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Sophia. How may I assist you today?
David: I was looking to follow up on an order I made which is currently sitting in pre-order status
Sophia: One moment, please. Let me have a look.
David: ok
Sophia: The item still is out of stock now. I humbly apologize for that.
David: that is ok, is there an expected restock time, I was hoping to have this for a couple for their Hanukkah gift
Sophia: This game is due to be released on 11/20/07.
David: right, tomorrow
David: so assuming it comes in tomorrow, will it ship the same day or close, because it is coming to my house and I will bring it up there on the 4th (the first day of Hanukkah)
Sophia: It will be shipped out on 11/20.
David: thanks
Sophia: You are welcome. Do you have any other questions, or is there anything else I can assist you with today?
David: sorry to be a pest, but will the order be delayed because Guitar Hero 3 is on there and appears to be out of stock too?
Sophia: I humbly apologize for that I am unable to guarantee this.
David: that is ok, I am not looking for a guarantee, but if one is in and the other is not, will that delay shipping or will they shipp seperately
Sophia: All of the items are in stock, your pre-order will be shipped out.
David: is that "if all of the items.." or do you mean that both Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 are there and will ship tomorrow
Sophia: The item # 74-105-581 will be released on 11/20.
David: ok, but my order #$$$$$ has both item # 74-105-581 and item74-117-027
David: and I just need to confirm if I need to cancel part of the order, so that it gets here by the 4th
Sophia: In your case, please contact us tomorrow and you will know if your order has been shipped out.
David: ok,thanks
Sophia: You are welcome. Thank you for contacting us. I hope you have an Eggcellent day!

Guess it won't be here before Thanksgiving, so I will have to bring it up for Hanukkah. I am hoping Newegg proves me wrong, but we will see.

I think we might be screwed. This customer service rep I'm talking to is giving me the same stock answers and isn't really clearing up any confusion. He just keeps telling me that my item is a pre-order and once they get it in stock it will take 24-48 hours to be transferred...

I'm thinking maybe I should just go to the store and try and pick up a copy early tomorrow.

Meijer just canceled my order - a little off topic but it's pertinent. They stated they will not be carrying it until after it is released b/c through whatever source they have, stated that EA is having reports of fragile drum sets and report that they are easily broken...

Stay tuned..

EMAIL:

Thank you so much for your recent order with Meijer.com.

We're sorry to inform you that we are canceling your order for item Rockband for Xbox 360.

We have information that manufacturer EA (Electronic Arts) is having issues with one of the components in Kit breaking, specifically the drum kits. We have chosen not to carry this game till it’s released on 11/20/07

Once again, thanks for shopping at Meijer.com. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you'll visit us again soon.

[quote name='nikkai']Meijer just canceled my order - a little off topic but it's pertinent. They stated they will not be carrying it until after it is released b/c through whatever source they have, stated that EA is having reports of fragile drum sets and report that they are easily broken...

Stay tuned..

EMAIL:

Thank you so much for your recent order with Meijer.com.

We're sorry to inform you that we are canceling your order for item Rockband for Xbox 360.

We have information that manufacturer EA (Electronic Arts) is having issues with one of the components in Kit breaking, specifically the drum kits. We have chosen not to carry this game till it’s released on 11/20/07

Once again, thanks for shopping at Meijer.com. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you'll visit us again soon.[/quote]

Makes since, I believe both IGN and OXM complained about weak drum pedals, with it breaking on IGN. It would really suck though if it didn't come out at all though. But if one store says they don't have it because of drums, maybe all of them could? Damn...:cry:

bread's done
Back