Newegg- Dead Space (pc) $9.99, 3D Dot Game Heroes $34.99 [All FS]

Yeah Lost Planet 2 is pretty much Western style Monster hunter with guns. You think it would be cool but it really isn't especially since you can't save until the end of each chapter, not stage mind you but chapter.

definitely in for 3d dot heroes though.

For a minute I got sucked into getting dead space + godfather because I thought they were for the PS3 (I get the daily newegg emails). Thinking wow what a deal, but for pc? meh.

Dead Space is tempting...but it seems like it'd be one of those games I'd play once and then never touch again. I might just be better off renting it.

Does anyone know if Dead Space is a good port on the pc?? I know I wanted to play it on the console. Anybody know if the controls work well or not???

[quote name='DRkdragon']Does anyone know if Dead Space is a good port on the pc?? I know I wanted to play it on the console. Anybody know if the controls work well or not???[/QUOTE]

the controls are bleh. i have it on steam. its definitely playable but the sensitivity difference between aim and just moving around is annoying. also the shoulder cam pisses me off to no end, but thats the same on all systems. overall, i paid around the same price during the holiday steam price and i didnt regret it. sure it takes getting used to but its no problems.

you can use a 360 pad for it, so its not like youre forced into KB&M.

im heavily debating getting 3d dot heroes. i dont care about amazon since they charge me tax (and newegg doesnt). plus newegg ships faster (i have preferred account w/ them).

Thanks OP. In for Dead Space. Played it on 360 a year or so ago and loved it so it will be nice to re-visit it with better graphics.

[quote name='postulio']
im heavily debating getting 3d dot heroes. i dont care about amazon since they charge me tax (and newegg doesnt). plus newegg ships faster (i have preferred account w/ them).[/QUOTE]

If you're into "nostalgia", then I highly recommend 3D Dot Heroes. I just got my copy today, and played it an hour plus without even realizing it. However, the shame of it is that I did not save my game. I took my character to the inn, and spent the night thinking the game would automatically save (like a lot of the old school RPGs). However, it was only after I exited the game that I realized I had to go to the "pause menu" and save that way.

Oh well. I'll just have to start all over again, and I can happily say that I don't mind it one bit! ;)

[quote name='postulio']the controls are bleh. i have it on steam. its definitely playable but the sensitivity difference between aim and just moving around is annoying. also the shoulder cam pisses me off to no end, but thats the same on all systems. overall, i paid around the same price during the holiday steam price and i didnt regret it. sure it takes getting used to but its no problems.[/QUOTE]

I have the steam version also and the controls are perfect if you turn off v-sync. It took me forever to realize it, but there are a TON of sites on the web with people asking how to fix the controls, and all of the answers say that v-sync is the problem (you can re-enable it through your graphics card menu anyway if you really want to). If you do that, then the port is beyond perfect and 10 bucks is a steal.

What's the activation story on Dead Space and Godfather 2? Dead Space kicks complete ass-I'm playing it right now on Playstation, and would probably buy another copy on PC for $10 if there's no activation.

Godfather...eh...I don't really care, but for $10 I guess I'd try it if it's clean.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Answered my own question-Dead Space and Godfather 2 have activation, so forget that.[/QUOTE]

Yup. DRM kills the deal.

So use the de-auth program for the game. Silly reason to not purchase it. I could understand it if it had finite activations, but not when you can revoke them.

Heh, this reminded me I picked up Dead Space for around this price (it was 10 bucks and some change) in that Steam holiday sale and I've yet to touch it. Definitely need to get to that this summer.

bread's done
Back