Newegg Deals

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!
DAMN. Sorry, I thought I didn't see this posted here already. I just noticed it has been posted. It's hard to see out of one bloodshot eye in the morning.

Twisted Metal
Promo code: EMCNJND78
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-EMC-010612-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79261241-L021D
FFXIII-2
Promo code: EMCNJND79
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-EMC-010612-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79262041-L022A
SSX
Promo code: EMCNJND84
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-EMC-010612-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79200832-L022D
MLB The Show 2012
Promo code: EMCNJND85
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-EMC-010612-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79261350-L023A

I’m in for a Twisted, of course. I just wish Amazon would match NE's prices since with all the credit I have there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone ever did the $48 game preorders and got their game a day or two early? Just wondering how they ship out the games. Someone please give feedback. Thanks.

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']Has anyone ever did the $48 game preorders and got their game a day or two early?[/QUOTE]

If by early, you mean before the release date, then no.

Its YMMV on the shipping delivery date. I had Rage delivered to me the day after it was released. But Halo CE I got 3 days after. Usually, I can wait the extra days to save myself $10+. It really depends on where you are, if Newegg gets the game early and ships it quick, etc, its not like Amazon's release date delivery guarantee which is usually spot on.

I got my AC Revelations Release day. It was worth it at the time, but unless theres a good preorder bonus that I want, I wont buy a ubisoft game on release day anymore. It's been proven and taught numerous times that these games are notorious for drastically dropping in price by 6 weeks after release, tops. In this case, Revelations was $35 only a week and a half later.

When I preordered Rage from Newegg I think I got it the Friday before the release date of Tuesday, 2 days early. I want Twisted Metal, but don't wanna wait so I might just pick it up locally.

Where has this been posted already? I can't seem to navigate the forums to find any other newegg thread... The search function is broke or something...

I'm tempted to go for Twisted Metal to get the free download for Black but it seems like one of those games that will drop in price fairly quickly and I don't care about Black enough to drop $48 on this.

[quote name='slugboss']Where has this been posted already? I can't seem to navigate the forums to find any other newegg thread... The search function is broke or something...[/QUOTE]

I posted these deals last night, kind of annoying that people post stuff without searching first. I can understand when it's within minutes of each other but posting 4 hours later is bit ridiculous.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312940

[quote name='roymustang']I posted these deals last night, kind of annoying that people post stuff without searching first. I can understand when it's within minutes of each other but posting 4 hours later is bit ridiculous.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312940[/QUOTE]

Why is it annoying? Did it make you lose sleep? Did you fall down and break your leg? Waiting in line at the DMV is annoying. An insurance company not paying your health bill when they are supposed to is annoying. Someone posting a mirror thread is nothing. It's cyberspace for fuck's sake; who really cares? Why bother pointing it out either? Worst that could happen is someone says, "hey look, a double post"; best that could happen is someone misses one of the posts but sees the other and gets in on a deal (I, for one, would be happy with that). I even apologized immediately after I posted it; I was only trying to help as I've been helped so many times here.

I had gotten the email early this morning and scanned the newest threads for it, but didn't see it until after I posted. I tried to delete it, but couldn't figure out how. I find it hard to believe you were sitting there saying to yourself, "this is really annoying" and then grunting and letting it ruin your day. If that is the case, then you need to find some inner peace somewhere. But, I highly doubt you did that since I imagine you are a rational human being and would rather just let things slide. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help folks simmer down about silly things; things that really don't matter in life.
Peace.

[quote name='maxrenderer']Why is it annoying? Did it make you lose sleep? Did you fall down and break your leg? Waiting in line at the DMV is annoying. An insurance company not paying your health bill when they are supposed to is annoying. Someone posting a mirror thread is nothing. It's cyberspace for fuck's sake; who really cares? Why bother pointing it out either? Worst that could happen is someone says, "hey look, a double post"; best that could happen is someone misses one of the posts but sees the other and gets in on a deal (I, for one, would be happy with that). I even apologized immediately after I posted it; I was only trying to help as I've been helped so many times here.[/QUOTE]

Breaking your leg is annoying? I would think it's a little more than annoying. Also, I would contend that annoying is a good way to describe a double post. Irritating also would apply. It's not like he said seeing a double post was like being stabbed in the back or anything, jeez. Relax guy.

[quote name='maxrenderer']Why is it annoying? Did it make you lose sleep? Did you fall down and break your leg? Waiting in line at the DMV is annoying. An insurance company not paying your health bill when they are supposed to is annoying. Someone posting a mirror thread is nothing. It's cyberspace for fuck's sake; who really cares? Why bother pointing it out either? Worst that could happen is someone says, "hey look, a double post"; best that could happen is someone misses one of the posts but sees the other and gets in on a deal (I, for one, would be happy with that). I even apologized immediately after I posted it; I was only trying to help as I've been helped so many times here.

I had gotten the email early this morning and scanned the newest threads for it, but didn't see it until after I posted. I tried to delete it, but couldn't figure out how. I find it hard to believe you were sitting there saying to yourself, "this is really annoying" and then grunting and letting it ruin your day. If that is the case, then you need to find some inner peace somewhere. But, I highly doubt you did that since I imagine you are a rational human being and would rather just let things slide. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help folks simmer down about silly things; things that really don't matter in life.
Peace.[/QUOTE]

You're the one that should chill, you made a crappy duplicate post , got called on it and now you're unleashing the paragraphs. You're the one who obviously wants the attention. You post a shitty generic title so people will click it to see what the deals are and then you don't even put the 360 versions (Sony fanboy?). You obviously didn't search at all because my post never left page 1 between the time I posted it and the time you posted. And even if you couldn't delete the post because somebody had already replied you could have at least edited your title to say something like "please delete, repost" or something.

Lately I'm seeing a lot of duplicate posts cluttering the site and I do find that annoying despite your objection. It takes two seconds to do a proper search or edit your title to say it's a repost. I just think that it's a shitty thing to do, to take credit for posting a deal that somebody posted before you and not care. It says a lot about a person.

Apparently I missed the $48, cause it's $60 now. Edit: Doh... Forgot to put in the promo code lol.

And to weigh in on the discussion above....

I didn't see the other post, just this one. Duplicate posts don't bother me a bit, especially when it's a good deal. It's not like theres a prize for posting first, so just let it slide dude. Getting mad about something so small "says a lot about a person"

Tempting, must not buy more games
22.gif

[quote name='roymustang']I just think that it's a shitty thing to do, to take credit for posting a deal that somebody posted before you and not care. It says a lot about a person.[/QUOTE]

The very first sentence in the OP admits it was a double post, and that was edited way before you replied to this thread. What's the problem here? I agree with him, you need to chill and not worry about "credit".

[quote name='Antipodes']The very first sentence in the OP admits it was a double post, and that was edited way before you replied to this thread. What's the problem here? I agree with him, you need to chill and not worry about "credit".[/QUOTE]

All I said was that I found it a little annoying when people post without making the slightest effort to look first and the OP was the one that assaulted me with a angry barrage of text telling me what I can and can't be annoyed by.

I just defended my point of view by stating the truth of the matter. His post has a poor title and no mention or links for 360 versions of SSX or FFXIII-2 on top of being a 4 hour late repost.

I saw his statement, but he didn't change the title to delete, he didn't remove his links and post a link to the original thread or anything. And it's not about credit, full credit goes to the newegg email department obviously, it's about common courtesy and respect for fellow CAGs that take time to post deals but I guess new people just don't have the respect that veteran CAGs have for one another, that's all.

The subject is now closed as far as I'm concerned. I won't mention it again and I won't read any subsequent posts about it. There's no need for so many off-topic posts, even in a repost thread.

[quote name='helixfc3s']Is there a promo like this for Soul Calibur V?[/QUOTE]

You missed it unfortunately, they had one around January 1st.

[quote name='roymustang']

The subject is now closed as far as I'm concerned. I won't mention it again and I won't read any subsequent posts about it. There's no need for so many off-topic posts, even in a repost thread.[/QUOTE]

good bye

Apparently, for 48 hours, Mass Effect 3 pre-orders are also $47.99 with promo code:

EMCYTZT1034

Even though the ad says it's for the PC version, it works for the Xbox and PS3 versions as well.

Not seeing any other deals of MLB the Show... Nor preorder DLC unlike last year or the year before.

and while I got Mass Effect 3 on the same day and with top billing I still suspect this will be the best deal on this game till II get to it since sport games pretty much never drop price before opening day.

Anyhow, franchise with my beloved Royals should be a blast this year since allot of the big name prospects are in the league day one this year. (Names will be spoken, etc.)

And of course the All Star game is in town also... so it will be cool to see Kaufman all dressed up for it.

So, yeah, thanks OP. Pretty much got to get it. :)

So many whiners on this thread, gawd damn people have some more coffee and change your tammy.

Anyways... Thanks OP, was waiting for Amazon or somebody else to have a deal on T. Metal but this deal is pretty great, even more great that it comes with TM Black! I could care less about Axel code on Amazon anyway, that guy always sucked.

bread's done
Back