NewEgg & Expiring Credit Card

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I've got a handful of pre-orders at NewEgg due the number of recent sales.

Problem is, the orders are all tied to a credit card that will be expiring 1/13.

I've received a new card with the same number, but a new CV2 code and a expiration date of 1/16.

I've added the new card to my NewEgg account, but I have no way to modify the orders. Will NewEgg automatically switch over to a different card on my account or am I screwed (and have to hope for another sale)?

[quote name='JMClarkent']Contact their CS team, they should be able to easily get that fixed for you.[/QUOTE]
Exactly that. Ive had to do that with both them and Amazon before. Very simple process.

Well tried to call and the wait time is around 20 minutes so...eh, maybe I'll wait another week or two to call back.

I did notice this in a NewEgg thread though:

[quote name='jrr6415sun']For people who said that newegg will not let you update your credit card on preorders if they expire. I discovered that if your credit card expires newegg will let you update your card and not cancel the order, but if it does not pass newegg own verification department they will not let you update the order and they will cancel it.

I had one where my CC expired and they let me update it.
I had a different order last week where I had 6 preorders on one day and newegg flagged them and canceled them because (i'm assuming) it was too many. I had 6 authorizations on my CC, so they weren't declined but newegg said there was a verification issue with them and would not let me update the billing information or place the order again even when i called

So there is a difference between your card getting declined and newegg's own system verification declining the order.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? Does anyone have experience with this? If so I'll just wait until release time on all these titles and wait for the e-mail to pop up.

[quote name='maximumzero']Well tried to call and the wait time is around 20 minutes so...eh, maybe I'll wait another week or two to call back.

I did notice this in a NewEgg thread though:

Is this true? Does anyone have experience with this? If so I'll just wait until release time on all these titles and wait for the e-mail to pop up.[/QUOTE]

I used the $40 gift card from the groupon deal stacked with some preorder promos on Gravity Rush last year but they needed a credit card for verification purposes only. I had an identity theft issue and closed the card used, they cancelled the order without notification or letting me update card info. Then gave me a hell of a time reordering with the gift card promo.

I found a bunch of complaints of them doing the same to orders using preorder sales so I'd definitely get it resolved long before the card expired. I'd also do it in the chat so you can save the chat log in case of future problems.

Problem is the lady in the chat said she couldn't update my CV2 code, just the expiration date.

Here's hoping that's not an issue.

So I called NewEgg and the guy on the line said he's unable to make any changes to the pre-orders.

I guess I'm boned.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is the one that'll ship first in March. If for some reason the order doesn't go through I'll just cancel the rest.

Just got this via chat:

Thank you for holding. We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unable to update the expiration date in our system. When the preorders are transferred to normal orders, the authorization may be declined due to incorrect CVV2/Secure code. Then you will receive an email and you can click the link in the email to resubmit your order with correct information.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Yeah this happened to me for Black Ops 2... it tries to process the order, and when it fails it lets you go in and pick a new card to point it to. What I did was have the new card on my number so it was already there for me to pick when it let me. It maintained the $15 coupon code and everything.

[quote name='maximumzero']So I called NewEgg and the guy on the line said he's unable to make any changes to the pre-orders.

I guess I'm boned.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is the one that'll ship first in March. If for some reason the order doesn't go through I'll just cancel the rest.[/QUOTE]

What? That's a lie, I just called yesterday and had them update 10 preordered I had since my CC expired lol.

Also, I dont believe that they will let you update your info if it fails. I thought they would but when my DMC preorder tried to go through, they canceled it (all that was different was the exp date and security code).

This happened to me.

I didn't do anything and it still worked. The charge came through, and I got my item, no confusion or anything.

If anyone is curious, Pikmin 3 launched two weeks ago, and a few days before I release I received the standard "Your order is processing!" e-mail followed immediately by a "Your order failed to go through." e-mail.

So yeah, I didn't even get asked if I wanted to change my info. Put a giant hole in that theory.

I had a similar issues and Newegg's CS couldn't do anything about it. Both were with promotional offers- one order needed an address change and the other needed to get the credit card updated. They did say that if I canceled the old order, and placed a new one, I could contact them when my order ships and they would credit me the promotional amount. 

It worked out fine both times. After my item shipped, I contacted them, and in 3-5 days, I had a refund to my credit card equal to the promotional amounts. 

bread's done
Back