Newegg Labor Day Deals

Good deal on the XBLA games if you don't have any of them. Limbo was great and Trials is extremely addictive, especcially if you have a few friends playing. I bet I've put 50-60 hours into Trials casually over the past two years.

Hmm... moderately interested in Blazblue, but it seems like everything I buy at $15.99 from NewEgg shows up less than a month later for $9.99.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Just a heads up, there is a new blazblue coming out just in case that may bend one's opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it doesn't even have a release date for Japanese arcades yet, let alone Japanese consoles, and certainly not American consoles. $16 is a fantastic price for what will always be the best entry point in the series.

Is Record of Agarest War Zero a good game? I've looked into this game a few times and while I want a strategy rpg, I have heard people say the game is a chore to play through and what not. I'd like to hear more experiences and opinions about the game. Story any good?

play the first Agarest War and see if you like it? It can be a chore and is long. It is strategy heavy though. I bought Zero, but never got to it after taking forever to finish the first one.

Zero did seem to have some combat improvements in the little I tried.

Want to try BlazBlue, but don't know much about it. Was thinking of the LE. Is it friendly to someone who isn't familiar with it?

Well for the story of BlazBlue, Continuum Shift Extend does contain a condensed version of the first game's story, so you'll get to know about it from that.

There's also a tutorial within in the game that'll teach you all about how to play the game and all of its deeper mechanics. Solid fighting game and actually a good entry point for the series, especially with the 3rd game coming out next year.

Thanks OP. I've been waiting for a long time for a good Blazblue price. When New Egg drops the price on games its a good thing for all CAG's.

[quote name='birdyjuice']play the first Agarest War and see if you like it? It can be a chore and is long. It is strategy heavy though. I bought Zero, but never got to it after taking forever to finish the first one.

Zero did seem to have some combat improvements in the little I tried.

Want to try BlazBlue, but don't know much about it. Was thinking of the LE. Is it friendly to someone who isn't familiar with it?[/QUOTE]

How is it a 'chore'? It doesnt suffer from the same tired mechanics of "only he who kills get experience" ?
Meaning, you have on guy who's leveled up 3x as much as everyone else, or you have to make everyone stand around and wait so that only certain characters perform kills.

love that newegg doesnt charge tax or shipping, but since I can NEVER have "newegg" credit, getting a new release for 45-50 in cash is never the best deal

Newegg is great for the occasional 9.99-19.99 sale

I think I'll grab RoAw Zero later today. I'd get Blazblue, but I'm kind of holding out on getting the LE cheap.

I believe the Triple Pack for the XBLA games comes with like $2 dollars worth of xbox live points also?

Jumped on Blazblue. Sure there's a new version coming down the pike but this is still a good deal for a whole lotta fighting game.

Got an email and was going to post, but since that's already been done, probably going to get BB as that's a nice price. Though the PS3 LE version is only $30 on amazon... Hmmm....

[quote name='Covnam']Got an email and was going to post, but since that's already been done, probably going to get BB as that's a nice price. Though the PS3 LE version is only $30 on amazon... Hmmm....[/QUOTE]

that extra 15bux gets you a calendar and a soundtrack... not worth it.

[quote name='gepet0']Is it me or is it hard to tell the blueblaze games apart. Which one is this? TIA[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not just you. I end up checking the 'amazon - date released' to figure out which one I am getting.

[quote name='gepet0']Is it me or is it hard to tell the blueblaze games apart. Which one is this? TIA[/QUOTE]

Calamity Trigger --> Continuum Shift --> Continuum Shift Extend

Yup, Shift Extend also rebalanced out all the characters so it plays bit differently to CS. Basically its like the SF4AE, it has all the downloadable characters with latest balancing added to it. They're milking this franchise hard but paying 16bux is a bargain.

Next one is Chrono Phantasma, coming to japanese arcades this winter and we'll probably see it released here early summer most likely. More characters, redrawn characters and more balancing. I'll buy it when its 16bux.

[quote name='guyver2077']lol.. wow that is pretty bad.[/QUOTE]Wasn't there also a Continuum Shift II for Vita? LOL. Either way this is still a great deal, I'll probably jump on this.

Almost all of the games I'd be interested in aren't even two dollars more on Amazon, and I'm one of those lucky people who don't pay taxes (although that's changing next year). I guess I'm just not enough of a CAG to throw my money at this. ;)

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Wasn't there also a Continuum Shift II for Vita? LOL. Either way this is still a great deal, I'll probably jump on this.[/QUOTE]

CS2 was just a balance update, free download on ps3/xbox. Since psp never got CS they just released CS2

[quote name='boostlag']that extra 15bux gets you a calendar and a soundtrack... not worth it.[/QUOTE]

There's also a 40 page mini artbook. That and the soundtrack might be worth it for me, maybe some others so I thought I'd mention it. Don't care about the calendar myself.

Hmmm I really want that XBLA 3 pack.... but at the same time I've spent so much money on games in the last few months it's ridiculous.....

Would have jumped on BlazBlue if it was the Vita version. I think I'm going to pass for now but I will try to coerce my friend into getting the triple pack since he has yet to buy 'Splosion Man.

[quote name='mitnosi']I believe the Triple Pack for the XBLA games comes with like $2 dollars worth of xbox live points also?[/QUOTE]

It does, OP it's worth adding that this game comes with 160msp (might be a deal breaker for some cheapass)

Just got Limbo triple pack today, and I can confirm it comes w/ 160 MSP and 2 day Gold Trial. Not bad for $10. Oh and it's $11 right now. ;)

bread's done
Back