Newegg: Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword $34.99 shipped

Not the best price (ToysRus is selling it for $30 next week) but overall the better price (no tax/gas and free shipping).:)

[quote name='htz']Not the best price (ToysRus is selling it for $30 next week) but overall the better price (no tax/gas and free shipping).:)[/QUOTE]

Came in here to say just this.

It's a great game for a great price.

[quote name='doodmandood']Came in here to say just this.

It's a great game for a great price.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a terrible game for an okay price, if you want it. I honestly am 100% fine if people like it though, but it's not a universal opinion for the record.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I think it's a terrible game for an okay price, if you want it. I honestly am 100% fine if people like it though, but it's not a universal opinion for the record.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. It was kind of blashphemy to the Zelda name, but I suppose if you really like motion controls and stuff, it works. I was still compelled to play and finish it, regardless.

Make sure your sensor bar is a reasonable distance from you. I spent 70% of this game being frustrated that horizontal slashes would not register correctly then I went online and figured out it was because it was too close to the sensor bar. Moving the sensor bar farther back alleviated most of the issues I had with performing horizontal slices.

Also keep in mind that this game is good, but not perfect like many of those perfect 10 reviews claimed. It's got some really amazing moments, but it also has too many fetch quests and towards the end the pacing takes a hit. When I thought this game would blow my mind and be as good as Ocarina I was a dissapointed, but when I reassessed my opinion and judged this game on it's own merit I started to enjoy it more. This isn't the best Zelda, but it's got a lot going for it, and the controls are mostly good except for some times when things went out of wack.

Make sure you do the side missions, the Skyloft characters side-stories was one of the best parts of the game in my opinion.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. It was kind of blashphemy to the Zelda name, but I suppose if you really like motion controls and stuff, it works. I was still compelled to play and finish it, regardless.[/QUOTE]

The controls were as good as they would get on the Wii for this type of game. That being said the game handled horribly. I played the damn thing for over 60 hours so yes I changed my sitting distance multiple times. The ending battle took me way too long because occasionally Link would decide to start running in some random direction and would not stop until I either turned of the controller or took off and replugged in my nunchuck. Not to mention all the rest of the strange ways you had to move the controller around. If you want to play a game to get pissed off at go for it. If not, buy another game.

bread's done
Back