Newegg: NBA 2K12 PC Preorder $19.99 (Free shipping)

V878

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Everywhere else I've checked has the PC version listed at $30, so it seems like a decent deal. Also, from what I've read in the other Newegg threads, it doesn't seem like they charge for preorders until they ship.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832205044

For those curious about how the PC version runs, I've bought the last 3 NBA 2K games on PC and haven't had any issues with the single player, which is pretty much identical in content with the console versions; the only thing missing from what I can tell is custom arena music. Online multiplayer, on the other hand, I've had a ton of issues with getting to work, and I'm not sure if 2K12 PC will be any different. Still, there's a good amount of content in the single player modes with the classic teams, My Player, and Association.

Are they still doing 'season mods' on NBA 2k games? I remember a really sweet one for NBA 2k10 that had the 1995-96 NBA season faithfully recreated. Did they do any mods like that for 2k11? I would buy 2k12 just for those mods and the classic teams so this is a great price for me. I just wish I could choose my cover (not sure if the PC version will have all three covers or not.) Thanks for the link though!

[quote name='ssjmichael']man, are they still milking Jordan for the cover? sad

edit: oh wait, they're also milking Bird and Magic this time too[/QUOTE]
With the NBA lockout, they really have no choice. They can't include rookies or anything this year, so the legends are gonna be the main focus in this game.

[quote name='TraBuch']With the NBA lockout, they really have no choice. They can't include rookies or anything this year, so the legends are gonna be the main focus in this game.[/QUOTE]

As if that's why they're doing it. It sells more copies, plain and simple. It worked last year and it'll work again this year. I don't even have a prob with it, I'm just calling it what it is: milking.

[quote name='ssjmichael']As if that's why they're doing it. It sells more copies, plain and simple. It worked last year and it'll work again this year. I don't even have a prob with it, I'm just calling it what it is: milking.[/QUOTE]
They also can't use rookies or any kind of player transactions, what else could they do? The gameplay is already perfect. If they didn't do the whole legends thing, the absolute ONLY thing they could do to make the game even slightly different from last year would be tweaking franchise and my player modes, which is what 99% of the gaming population criticizes Madden for.

I was so excited until I saw it was for PC. I own both the PC and PS3 versions of 2K11, and there is a big difference between them. The interface on PC is rather clunky and the controls are strange, so I highly recommend the console version unless you have some controller connected to your PC. It just doesn't feel right trying to do complicated post moves on a keyboard

The PC version has been 19.99 for at least the past two iterations, if not before then, this has nothing to do with the lockout. Don't expect the console prices to drop at all.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Are they still doing 'season mods' on NBA 2k games? I remember a really sweet one for NBA 2k10 that had the 1995-96 NBA season faithfully recreated. Did they do any mods like that for 2k11? I would buy 2k12 just for those mods and the classic teams so this is a great price for me. I just wish I could choose my cover (not sure if the PC version will have all three covers or not.) Thanks for the link though![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything quite as elaborate for 2K11, but you can check this forum for an idea of what type of mods are being released for it. One thing I like personally is if 2K messes up an arena court or player face model, someone in the modding community tries their best to fix it (may not be perfect, but can be an improvement over the original). That's on top of the general graphics improvements stuff people release every year.

[quote name='0_0']I was so excited until I saw it was for PC. I own both the PC and PS3 versions of 2K11, and there is a big difference between them. The interface on PC is rather clunky and the controls are strange, so I highly recommend the console version unless you have some controller connected to your PC. It just doesn't feel right trying to do complicated post moves on a keyboard[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think this is a hard game to play with a keyboard. One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is the game does fully support the 360 pad (at least 2K11 did). It's nice to plug in a 360 controller and see all the menu options and in-game prompts for things like icon passing change to 360 buttons. Also, I think you get used to the menu the more you use it, but hopefully 2K12 PC will just keep the menus from the console version.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']The PC version has been 19.99 for at least the past two iterations, if not before then, this has nothing to do with the lockout. Don't expect the console prices to drop at all.[/QUOTE]

2K11 PC initially came out at $30 last year and Newegg seems to be the only one selling 2K12 for $20 at launch this year. But yeah, the PC version has always been cheaper than the consoles, lockout or not.

bread's done
Back