NewEgg pre-order deals: Uncharted 3, Rage $48, GoW3, Forza 4 $45 (Expired)

FlipSide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRandom']PMed to Amazon
I already paid for my pre-order of Rage from them. I don't want to back out now
That aside, Newegg sure as hell has been very aggressive with these pre-orders lately
Kudos to Newegg[/QUOTE]
Rage has a $10 credit now at Amazon too.

I'm in for Rage and Uncharted. Will probably end up canceling both though when better deals come along.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Rage has a $10 credit now at Amazon too.

I'm in for Rage and Uncharted. Will probably end up canceling both though when better deals come along.[/QUOTE]

Right now they do. Probably from the Walmart's $10 eCert promo

NO RELEASE DAY DELIVERY

No there is no release date delivery from Newegg. Not to be a dick but where does it say that on Newegg's site? It says it clearly on Amazon. Newegg just says Free Shipping, which is usually always standard Ground, unless it says Free 2 Day shipping which they do/have done on other items.

[quote name='iRandom']

NO RELEASE DAY DELIVERY [/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply,I guess third time was the charm I guess.

Preordered Gears 3 thanks OP. Rather save $15 instantly than get a $20 coupon for future purchase. Don't really care about release day delivery. Newegg gets shipments to me pretty quickly so no worries.

Edit: I thought about it and decided to order Uncharted 3 as well. Thanks again OP. Nice deals.

[quote name='iRandom']$3.48 tax really kills the deal for me.
BTW, anyone tried stacking the code with the NEWCUSTOMER10?[/QUOTE]

you can't

[quote name='flybrione']Preordered Gears 3 thanks OP. Rather save $15 instantly than get a $20 coupon for future purchase. Don't really care about release day delivery. Newegg gets shipments to me pretty quickly so no worries.[/QUOTE]

same way I feel.

[quote name='flybrione']Preordered Gears 3 thanks OP. Rather save $15 instantly than get a $20 coupon for future purchase. Don't really care about release day delivery. Newegg gets shipments to me pretty quickly so no worries.[/QUOTE]

This and THIS. I ordered something yesterday and the shipment is already in my area today with the "3-day shipping." I'm so glad they ship from NJ and I live in NY.

[quote name='iRandom']$3.48 tax really kills the deal for me.
BTW, anyone tried stacking the code with the NEWCUSTOMER10?[/QUOTE]
Yeah doesnt work out too well though as far as I know. The 1600 points cards are $19.75 and say free shipping but if you add that + a $48 game it comes to about $62.XX which is still decent but it should only come to $57.XX. For whatever reason you get charged $5 shipping.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah doesnt work out too well though as far as I know. The 1600 points cards are $19.75 and say free shipping but if you add that + a $48 game it comes to about $62.XX which is still decent but it should only come to $57.XX. For whatever reason you get charged $5 shipping.[/QUOTE]

I have noticed that Newegg tends to lose the free shipping deals when you combine offers for some reason. I just order items individually when it does that.

I find it interesting how taxes kill different deals, depending on where you live.

I live in Washington State, so I rarely buy from Amazon due to taxes. The good news is that I don't have to pay taxes to NewEgg.

I pre-ordered Uncharted 3 from NewEgg. No taxes and free shipping makes it an easy decision. I'm basically saving $17 versus getting it at Best Buy or GameStop at regular price.

By the way, if any of you care to see how far Amazon will go to avoid taxes, read this article from yesterday's Wall Street Journal here.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. :applause:

I thought the code was for $15 off? I'm in for 1 on Uncharted 3 but the code is only giving me $12 off. After CA sales tax that's still $51.50. Not much of a deal. It seams like amazon never does deals on PS3 exclusives. I mean $20 off GEARS 3 but no deal on Uncharted 3? WTF?

in for Gears 3.. i would have waited for amazon but they charge sales tax for me which kills the deal. thanks! wow.. newegg has been getting all my game business lately!

[quote name='hxcmusic']I thought the code was for $15 off? I'm in for 1 on Uncharted 3 but the code is only giving me $12 off. After CA sales tax that's still $51.50. Not much of a deal. It seams like amazon never does deals on PS3 exclusives. I mean $20 off GEARS 3 but no deal on Uncharted 3? WTF?[/QUOTE]

It says $48 right in the title..

[quote name='Bizzquik']By the way, if any of you care to see how far Amazon will go to avoid taxes, read this article from yesterday's Wall Street Journal here.[/QUOTE]
I can only read a little part of that but that's just smart imo.

$150.84 for Rage, Forza 4 and Uncharted 3... Wondering if other places like Amazon will do $20 coupons on all the big releases.

These are great prices. But being a CAG, I typically wait for 6 months after release before I"ll pick up a game. That way I have more time to catch up on my pile of shame, AND by then Gamestop will have it cheap with B2B1free sale. Or by then I can get the Collectors edition on clearance somewhere.

[quote name='ssjmichael']too bad you didn't get 4 copies :([/QUOTE]
I'm in for four copies of Forza 4, that are 44.99 each, for juanawoman, me, myself, and I. :D

Does it typically take a while for a Newegg preorder to show up in your order history? I preordered Rage this morning, got the email confirmation, but the order is still not visible on my account.

[quote name='Wezzles']You mean for like 3 hours...I got back on my computer 15 minutes after they sold out. What really sucks is I canceled my order off of Amazon that morning so if I had of kept it would of dropped to 59.99...FML[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder...surprisingly, my order did update to 59.99. An unexpected surprised. I would have kept it either way so it's good to save 20.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does it typically take a while for a Newegg preorder to show up in your order history? I preordered Rage this morning, got the email confirmation, but the order is still not visible on my account.[/QUOTE]

Try checking the pre-orders section in your account. Pre-orders have their own area.

Thanks for posting this, btw. I'm picking up UC3, GeoW3, and Rage, then go ahead and cancel my Amazon pre-order for UC3. Gotta love the no tax.

[quote name='BNoyes']Try checking the pre-orders section in your account. Pre-orders have their own area.[/QUOTE]
Wow, not sure how I missed that. Thank you!

Got Gears 3. Ill be getting mine three days later than my friends, but I dont care. Thanks for that.

All in for Uncharted 3 for sure.
Sale + No tax + free shipping = win.
Newegg is always my fave online store.

[quote name='sunnysky']These are great prices. But being a CAG, I typically wait for 6 months after release before I"ll pick up a game. That way I have more time to catch up on my pile of shame, AND by then Gamestop will have it cheap with B2B1free sale. Or by then I can get the Collectors edition on clearance somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Being close to $40 though is the magic number as you can easily turn around and sell or trade them once completed for near what you paid. By time you wait 6 months for a sure fire hit like Uncharted 3 the resale value has dropped off even more.

[quote name='whats_the_word']UC3 is tempting but w/classes & work I doubt I'd play much..

Any idea if they charge right away or only when its in stock??[/QUOTE]

Charged when ship.

I went ahead and put preorders for Rage and Uncharted 3. Might end up canceling but will keep it for now.

Damn those prices are good, though I already have mine payed off from Gamestop after making some serious credit with Dragon Age II and the E3 promo that gave me 50% bonus trade. On the one hand, I could ignore these and be satisfied with my savings from trade, on the other hand I could save that credit for future games next year and score these prices now....gahhhhh:wall:

*Edit: Yeah, went ahead and preordered, can't say no to a good deal, lol.

[quote name='xj_sky']excellent prices, but no release date delivery? i'll pass. there's no way i would be able to wait 3 days after release date to play any of these amazing games.[/QUOTE]

I have purchased a number of games from newegg and I always rec on the Wenesday after Tuesday release date.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Rage has a $10 credit now at Amazon too.

I'm in for Rage and Uncharted. Will probably end up canceling both though when better deals come along.[/QUOTE]

In for Rage and Uncharted until there is a better deal out there.

[quote name='gamereck']I have purchased a number of games from newegg and I always rec on the Wenesday after Tuesday release date.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on where they ship from. For example, if they ship something to me from Memphis, I will get it the next day but if it's from California, it takes the full 3 days.

Anyway, locked in Gears 3 since that is one I don't need to have on release day. Thinking about Rage since I could be playing Dark Souls while waiting for Rage to arrive. Not interested in Forza and Uncharted 3 I must have ASAP. :D

Newegg is doing me good. First I preordered Halo: CE Anniversary for 29.99 and now Uncharted 3 and Gear 3.....very nice.

[quote name='karyadi']This and THIS. I ordered something yesterday and the shipment is already in my area today with the "3-day shipping." I'm so glad they ship from NJ and I live in NY.[/QUOTE]

So they have a shipping center in nj? Cool thats where I live. the only bad part is the $3.36 tax newegg insists on charging.

bread's done
Back