NEWEGG PS3 250GB system with 6 games and 50 buck psn card WAS 340 NOW 313

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1307658

Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Burnout Paradise, Grand Theft Auto IV Complete, and Max Payne 3

then you get an extra

need for speed most wanted

add item to cart and you will get

Bioshock Infinite Playstation3 Game 2K
and
50 buck psn card

got this last week for 340 and just called up and they said they would honor the price to 313

EDIT

FOR THOSE WHO GOT IN ON THE PSN CREDIT CARD you may get around 900 pts by buying this system i think.

(maybe 3100 pts but doubtful, one worker told me 10x on any SONY itEM another told me 3x

10 bucks = 10 points

so at least 300 points x either 3 or 10 depends on what they do so 900 to 3000 pts .... could be a good deal

IF YOU LOOKING TO DUMP OFF PARTS

those looking to get a cheap system (what i did)
Dump both controllers to gamestop for 56
Dumped both need for speeds for 40
Bioshock is 18 right now if price hold 36 next week at best buy
Burnout 10.00 gamestop

be 142 off (pick up a cheap cord controller for 10 So 130 off)

it would still leave you with
250 GB ps3 with max payne 3 grand theft and 50 psn card for 183
Sell off the card for 50 (total price 133)
sell off those 2 games for 20
End up with system for around 110 to 120

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1307658

Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Burnout Paradise, Grand Theft Auto IV Complete, and Max Payne 3

then you get an extra

need for speed most wanted

add item to cart and you will get

Bioshock Infinite Playstation3 Game 2K
and
50 buck psn card

got this last week for 340 and just called up and they said they would honor the price to 313

IF YOU LOOKING TO DUMP OFF PARTS

those looking to get a cheap system (what i did)
Dump both controllers to gamestop for 56
Dumped both need for speeds for 40
Bioshock is 18 right now if price hold 36 next week at best buy
Burnout 10.00 gamestop

be 142 off (pick up a cheap cord controller for 10 So 130 off)

it would still leave you with
250 GB ps3 with max payne 3 grand theft and 50 psn card for 183
Sell off the card for 50 (total price 133)
sell off those 2 games for 20
End up with system for around 110 to 120[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, did you SEE my CECHE01MG YLOD this weekend? I may have to look into this.....

Thanks!:applause:

forgot to add for those who got in on that SONY CREDIT CARD

I think it pays 3x on sony items so it should net you 900 points

one worker told me 10X on all sony items (but i think its 10x only on psn) if it was 10x would be 3000 WOW that would be insane

could get another 20 sony card if it was 10x

This is one hell of a deal, man. Thanks for posting. It got 5 Stars from me!

Edit: It is also ShopRunner (Free 2 Day Ship, if a ShopRunner Member) Eligible

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']This is one hell of a deal, man. Thanks for posting. It got 5 Stars from me!

Edit: It is also ShopRunner (Free 2 Day Ship, if a ShopRunner Member) Eligible[/QUOTE]

the PSN card gets pushed to 3 day shipping for some reason (just a heads up)

also i think if you have AMEX cards you can get a free year of shoprunner

No Dishonored this time around though. Still not a bad deal. Though I'm rather confused why you're getting two copies of Most Wanted now.

The way I figured this up (I got sort of excited) is the value of this is really spectacular, if you unload components (below). as (personally) I am down for the 250 GB PS3, NFS:MW and DualShock 3, and then low-balling (sort of) the value of some of the games/accessories, I came up with this:

$45 - PSN Card
$40 - DualShock 3
$35 - Bioshock Infinite
$30 - NFS: MW (the extra)
$20 - Burnout Paradise
$20 - GTA-IV Complete
$15 - MP 3

+ $205 (I am an Amazon Seller and will not be flipping to BB/GS/Etc.)
- $313 (For the NewEgg Bundle)
----------------
- $108 for a 250 GB PS3, DualShock 3 and NFS: MW

Sold!

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Holy crap, this may be the greatest console bundle deal of all time. :hot:[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness, I agree with you 110%.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Holy crap, this may be the greatest console bundle deal of all time. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Except that it was the same price like a week or two ago except you got Dishonored instead of two copies of Most Wanted. Yes, you get two copies of Most Wanted.

[quote name='JohnnyCage']This probably won't seem like such a good deal 2 weeks from now. Massive price drop incoming.[/QUOTE]

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this ("won't seem like such a good deal in 2 weeks"). Did a little digging and this sums it up (mind you, this article is 3 months old):

http://bgr.com/2013/03/01/playstation-3-price-drop-playstation-4-339494/

And the above is referencing the 160 GB (not the 250 GB and with no bells/whistles) dropping to $144....

is it really worth buying a PS3 with next gen right around the corner and no backward compatibility? Good deal if you aren't planning to upgrade anytime soon

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']is it really worth buying a PS3 with next gen right around the corner and no backward compatibility? Good deal if you aren't planning to upgrade anytime soon[/QUOTE]

I thought so, enough exclusives and games I've missed that I traded my 360 for one. The PS4 won't be anywhere near my price range for two years probably, and they've at least promised support for two more years.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']is it really worth buying a PS3 with next gen right around the corner and no backward compatibility? Good deal if you aren't planning to upgrade anytime soon[/QUOTE]

If you want to play the PS3 exclusives. Yes. I'm waiting for the right price before picking it up.

The only thing that may make me bite is if it will take my current HDD (1 TB) from my first gen 80 GB PS3. It's gradually becoming louder after each use and I already had it repaired once so I have the feeling that it may only have a few months left on it.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']I see it at $323, but the OP says $313 - why?[/QUOTE]

because it went up for some reason. It was $312.99 when the OP posted the deal.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']The way I figured this up (I got sort of excited) is the value of this is really spectacular, if you unload components (below). as (personally) I am down for the 250 GB PS3, NFS:MW and DualShock 3, and then low-balling (sort of) the value of some of the games/accessories, I came up with this:

$45 - PSN Card
$40 - DualShock 3
$35 - Bioshock Infinite
$30 - NFS: MW (the extra)
$20 - Burnout Paradise
$20 - GTA-IV Complete
$15 - MP 3

+ $205 (I am an Amazon Seller and will not be flipping to BB/GS/Etc.)
- $313 (For the NewEgg Bundle)
----------------
- $108 for a 250 GB PS3, DualShock 3 and NFS: MW

Sold![/QUOTE]

best of luck getting those prices ... i had items up on ebay for a week (using 1 to 3 day listings )

bio was able to get around your prices BUT
NFS your luck to get upper 20s for the sealed one and the 2nd one just comes in a cardboard sleeve same with burnout..good luck selling those for 20 to 30 cause your really going to need it

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I wonder how hard it would be to switch my hard drive from one to the other.... Damn good deal.[/QUOTE]

Hard drive switches are cake for the PS3 and I am not really that tech handy. There are good tutorials online for it.

damn, even if you just trade in all the games and the extra controller to gamestop with the current 7 for 35 promo, you can shave off around 100 and make it a 250 gb ps3 and 50 psn card for around 200.

[quote name='slidecage']best of luck getting those prices ... i had items up on ebay for a week (using 1 to 3 day listings )

bio was able to get around your prices BUT
NFS your luck to get upper 20s for the sealed one and the 2nd one just comes in a cardboard sleeve same with burnout..good luck selling those for 20 to 30 cause your really going to need it[/QUOTE]

i think i will be fine but thank you for the comments. i am fairly confident i will make out pretty good on this deal one way or another....;)

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']i think i will be fine but thank you for the comments. i am fairly confident i will make out pretty good on this deal one way or another....;)[/QUOTE]

o and heads up before you list the items before you get them (dont know if it matters or not)

with the need for speeds

the extra one i got was LIMITED ED
but the one that came packed with the system was the normal one...

who knows what everyone will get though

like i said im happy with my purchase right now sitting on

250 gb ps3
cord controller
max and grand theft with 50 buck gift card for 190 out of pocket (though as soon as i get the 50 buck psn card i plan on selling it and hopefully geting 45

would push me to 145 for the system and 2 games (though might dump both games to gamestop for 20)

end up with system for 125

max payne is only 15 new on amazon now

[quote name='Deader2818']damn, even if you just trade in all the games and the extra controller to gamestop with the current 7 for 35 promo, you can shave off around 100 and make it a 250 gb ps3 and 50 psn card for around 200.[/QUOTE]

that is a pretty great deal...damn you CAGs making me want one!

[quote name='slidecage']o and heads up before you list the items before you get them (dont know if it matters or not)

with the need for speeds

the extra one i got was LIMITED ED
but the one that came packed with the system was the normal one...

who knows what everyone will get though

like i said im happy with my purchase right now sitting on

250 gb ps3
cord controller
max and grand theft with 50 buck gift card for 190 out of pocket (though as soon as i get the 50 buck psn card i plan on selling it and hopefully geting 45

would push me to 145 for the system and 2 games (though might dump both games to gamestop for 20)

end up with system for 125

max payne is only 15 new on amazon now[/QUOTE]

my point exactly. this is a helluva deal. i quoted mp3 at $15 but either way you cut it (even at 322.99, i got it at 312.99), this is a fine, fine deal for a CAG. enjoy the system/perks!

That's exactly my boat. Buy ps3 dirt cheap and play the exclusives.

So I went ahead and bit. Did a Bill me later along with the free year of shoprunner I had and it was 323 (they knocked it up $10). The moment after I went through checkout, the price shot back up for $350 (EDIT: It's back at $323). I asked earlier about the HDD and it seems like it's the same as the old one so all I really need to do is a swap.

I have all of the games with the system already either on PC or Xbox. I been using my PS3 mainly for catching up on my backlog of PS3 games, PS3 media server, and I'm using it of course for my many, many Blu Rays. My current PS3 I'll keep (BC) but I'll likely swap out the controllers and sell my old ones to Gamestop (one is a bit of frankenstein job that was fixed with two broken controllers lol). My BC PS3 is just loud... heck my automatic update I set for 4 AM was so loud last night that it actually woke me up. xD

All of the loot I get from Amazon from the remaining games/controllers will be put towards my Bill me later payment. So I guess the more the sell, the less I actually have to pay.

Again, bravo to the CAG community for spotting this and thanks guys.

Thanks for the update OP and everyone's contributions. With all the added stuff in the bundle, it was too good a deal to pass up so even if there is a really nice sale later...you still come out ahead. I went ahead and order using my free year of shoprunner (only second time I used it lol).

[quote name='TooPoor']Man, tax kills it, been looking for a second one for another room.[/QUOTE]

I lived in California for about a year and built a computer during that time, oh man was that painful since everywhere that sells computer parts is laregely based out of there.

Yes, there is a large library of games for it and more will be released for at least the next 2 years.

It's a good deal.

I decided to hang on to my PS3 because Dark Souls 2 is coming. So if you haven't played it yet, try it out!

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I wonder how hard it would be to switch my hard drive from one to the other.... Damn good deal.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='cancerman1120']Hard drive switches are cake for the PS3 and I am not really that tech handy. There are good tutorials online for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, man. It is insanely easy to do. I have a 1 TB in my fat PS3 and it seems the side of the super slim PS3 can easily pop off. You just unscrew it, pull it out, and remove. And just do the same process for the super slim PS3, and just insert your old HDD into the new one.

Here's a video of guy removing and re-inserting a hard drive into the super slim for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gd05jdtkIM

I'm also going to do some research here tonight but I'm pretty sure it requires you to do a reformat of the hard drive so I might have to go and back up a lot of my stuff so I can keep all of my saves and digital games.

bread's done
Back