NewEgg PS3 games for $20

momomchine

CAG Veteran
I know there's a thread for NewEgg games under $10 but these $20 deals are too good not to be mentioned.

Blitz: The League II
Mercenaries 2
Lego Star Wars
The Orange Box
Army of Two
Lego Indiana Jones
Facebreaker
Battlefield: Bad Company

And more!

They all have free shipping and no tax (at least for me. I live in NY.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jumpercable']No. Mercs 2 is usually $30, so at 20, i might have to bite[/quote]

No it's usually $20 and Best Buy had it on sale for $10 at one point.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']No it's usually $20 and Best Buy had it on sale for $10 at one point.[/quote]

You're right, though if I recall, it was a $20 off special for Silver Reward Zone members (regularly $29.99, making it $9.99 with the coupon).

That's the only reason I did not buy it. I saw it tonight at Wal-mart for $19.82, and though tempted did not buy it due to tax implications (bless the internet LOL).

[quote name='Frogurt.man']No it's usually $20 and Best Buy had it on sale for $10 at one point.[/quote]
I believe that sale was on the 360 version only.

I was at Best Buy yesterday and saw both Army of Two and Mercs 2 for $20 dollars. I was lucky to get Mercs 2 on the Rewards Zone deal for $10 a few months ago and plan on getting Army of Two for $20 to co-op with my friend. Keep in mind both of those deals were for 360 not PS3 so for Sony peeps these are good prices.

[quote name='wildnuts02']yeah i dont' list $20 deals because they are never really good.[/quote]

well what do you expect? lol.. but yea, never say never, there are decent games at that price, just usually great games that have been out a while ;)

[quote name='momomchine']I know there's a thread for NewEgg games under $10 but these $20 deals are too good not to be mentioned.

Blitz: The League II
Mercenaries 2
Lego Star Wars
The Orange Box
Army of Two
Lego Indiana Jones
Facebreaker
Battlefield: Bad Company

And more!

They all have free shipping and no tax (at least for me. I live in NY.)[/QUOTE]

Nice finds! I've been wanting Mercs 2, and I think I'll get Army of 2...uh also. (I know it's supposed to be ridiculous "Bro" posturing, but also a solid FPS, and I love single player shooters...)

I had no idea that Mercs was actually cheaper on the Playstation than Xbox on Amazon either. It's the version I'd pay *MORE* for ironically, but don't tell them that ;)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Nice finds! I've been wanting Mercs 2, and I think I'll get Army of 2...uh also. (I know it's supposed to be ridiculous "Bro" posturing, but also a solid FPS, and I love single player shooters...)

I had no idea that Mercs was actually cheaper on the Playstation than Xbox on Amazon either. It's the version I'd pay *MORE* for ironically, but don't tell them that ;)[/quote]

Just to clarify, Army of Two is not a FPS. And IMO, it's only fun as a co-op title.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']No it's usually $20 and Best Buy had it on sale for $10 at one point.[/QUOTE]

I wish people would quit bringing this up like it was some kind of major sale that everyone could have gotten in on. How many CAGs spend $2k in a year at BB??

[quote name='argyle']I wish people would quit bringing this up like it was some kind of major sale that everyone could have gotten in on. How many CAGs spend $2k in a year at BB??[/quote]

Well it wasn't a silver RZ only deal. It was for anyone with a RZ card. So as long as you signed up online before you went, you could have gotten it at that price. So it really was a sale anyone could have gotten in on.

That said, I don't know if it's going to go that low any time soon, so if you want mercs, 20 bucks isn't bad.

Although some of you are right about the fact that they are the same prices at other places sometimes, mercs is still a pretty good deal and probably will be at this price for a awhile longer. Thanks for the post regradless
pixel.gif

[quote name='argyle']I wish people would quit bringing this up like it was some kind of major sale that everyone could have gotten in on. How many CAGs spend $2k in a year at BB??[/quote]

Probably not BB, but Amazon... perhaps... lol

[quote name='Touy']Well it wasn't a silver RZ only deal. It was for anyone with a RZ card. So as long as you signed up online before you went, you could have gotten it at that price. So it really was a sale anyone could have gotten in on.

That said, I don't know if it's going to go that low any time soon, so if you want mercs, 20 bucks isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you're right, I had it confused with another deal. Still, that was for the 360 version only (which is why I didn't get it then).

[quote name='Touy']Well it wasn't a silver RZ only deal. It was for anyone with a RZ card. So as long as you signed up online before you went, you could have gotten it at that price. So it really was a sale anyone could have gotten in on.

That said, I don't know if it's going to go that low any time soon, so if you want mercs, 20 bucks isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I thought I remembered that deal, and had to pass on it because it was only for...whatever those higher levels are.

I did manage to pick up Haze for $10 through an earlier deal though, which turned out to be a good game.

[quote name='kube00']Lego Indy is $20 might have to get that[/quote]

Bestbuy has this game for all systems for only $20 this week.

I just popped in Mercs 2 yesterday and was having fun with it. Definitely a good time killer and worth at least $20. I swear I saw it for even less than that at Blockbuster last week too, either $10 or $12 or $15.. not sure (glad I could help)

[quote name='roguejedi5']Bestbuy has this game for all systems for only $20 this week.[/QUOTE]

I'd try the demo of Lego Indiana Jones first. personally I hated it, though I never even made it through Lego Star Wars 2, which was supposed to be better.

I think lego Batman's supposed to be the best of the bunch, though i'm still skeptical.

Yah, I bought singstar last week for 19.99. I pay taxes in Ca, so total a little shy of 22 bucks.

[quote name='momomchine']I know there's a thread for NewEgg games under $10 but these $20 deals are too good not to be mentioned.

They all have free shipping and no tax (at least for me. I live in NY.)[/quote]

Blitz: The League II - $20 at Target
Mercenaries 2 - $20 at Wal-Mart
Lego Star Wars - $20 everywhere
The Orange Box - $20 everywhere
Army of Two - $20 at Wal-Mart
Lego Indiana Jones - $$20 everywhere
Facebreaker - $20 at wal-mart
Battlefield: Bad Company - $20 at wal-mart

FAIL

[quote name='oasisboy']Blitz: The League II - $20 at Target

FAIL[/quote]

I think if people haven't picked these games up by now, the wait for shipping is not going to bother them to save on tax and support a good company. Just my opinion though :roll:

[quote name='wildnuts02']yeah i dont' list $20 deals because they are never really good.[/quote]

$20 w/ FREE S&H and--for most of us--no sales tax is nothing to scoff at. I'm sure these have been cheaper elsewhere, but at least these deals don't require the gas, time, and patience that comes with a trip to a B&M.

IMHO, I'd sooner pay the $20 for Mercs 2 on NewEgg.com and not have to spend the time driving to Toys R Us and deal with the headache of enlisting the "help" of an incapable employee to track down a copy; and, in the end, the time, gas, patience, and sales tax make the $10 deal feel a lot closer to $20.

But I suppose this all depends on how much free time you have, and how you like to spend it. I'd rather spend it playing a videogame, but that's because my free time isn't too abundant anymore.

FAIL[/QUOTE]The fact that tax or the $25 minimum for free shipping from Amazon makes your post more expensive than his post.

"FAIL"

Yea except I don't live near a bestbuy. I have to travel 100 miles for one. Anyway most of those games on that list I already picked up for ~10-20 elsewhere.

The bestbuy comment was for the people mentioning bestbuy deals like everyone is near one.

FAIL[/quote]
Are you serious? You actually spent the time compiling the prices from all the different retailers just to make this guys deals seem not as noteworthy? Honestly, that's fucking pathetic, all the OP is trying to do is provide a online free shipping alternative, with some good prices.
Sorry for the rant, but when someone has to post about how much a deal sucks, when it's not even that bad in the first place, AND in this much detail, it really pisses me off.

[quote name='ssssss']Are you serious? You actually spent the time compiling the prices from all the different retailers just to make this guys deals seem not as noteworthy? Honestly, that's fucking pathetic, all the OP is trying to do is provide a online free shipping alternative, with some good prices.
Sorry for the rant, but when someone has to post about how much a deal sucks, when it's not even that bad in the first place, AND in this much detail, it really pisses me off.[/quote]

I agree with you. The last thing we should do is make someone feel like they've wasted their time by sharing a deal with us. I appreciate any information I can find here, and in the case of Mercenaries 2 for PS3, I'd much rather buy it for $19.99 online with no tax and free S&H then pay $19.82 at Wal-mart where I'll be paying an additional $1.20 (6% sales tax in my state) in tax. Hence my earlier post about "tax implications" LOL :D

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Its funny how everyone conviently forgets the transportation cost in buying an item at a store. Gas prices, car use and wear etc.[/quote]

Agreed; and don't forget the time required for both the trip AND spent in the store (apparently some CAG's have a lot more free time compared to the rest of us), as well as the patience required for digging through unorganized bins and store shelves.

bread's done
Back