Newegg sale Fire emblem Awakening, Super Smash bro's 3DS 34.99

Smash Bros. is listed as a May 2014 release, so NewEgg will probably cancel this round of pre-orders for it.  Happened to me with Lord of Shadows 2 and Beyond - Two Souls.  Not real pleased with NewEgg as of late, which is something I never thought I'd say.

I actually heard about that happening to some people. What was the deal? Was it anything that comes out in 2014 got canceled or something? Ya i dunno, i used to love Newegg but they've been slipping. I ordered a laptop for my mom and the screen was scratched out of the box. Sent it back for another and they sent me an email saying they tested it and did a 12 hour burn in and nothing was wrong... i never said anything was wrong with the system. In fact i didn't even do anything with it. I did the initil setup then on the first restart when the screen was black i noticed the scratches. I even mentioned that to the guy who set the RMA up. I have no idea why they ran a 12 hour burn in or reset the settings or any of that crap. It seems like im gonna be on the phone with customer service for a while when it gets back to me with 'nothing wrong' 

They automatically cancel pre orders once they reach a year old. You can usually get a CS rep to agree to a retroactive refund AFTER the game ships if you place the pre order again. But not as ideal as an upfront cost reduction. And you have to deal with customer service to do so. 

Smash Bros. is listed as a May 2014 release, so NewEgg will probably cancel this round of pre-orders for it. Happened to me with Lord of Shadows 2 and Beyond - Two Souls. Not real pleased with NewEgg as of late, which is something I never thought I'd say.
They'll only cancel it if it gets delayed to September 2014 or beyond, so I'd say go for it if you want the deal price.

Last edited by a moderator:
My order for Rayman Legends was cancelled, but they later sent this e-mail:

This email is regarding your recent pre-order for the Rayman Legends Wii U Game game. As you may already be aware, your pre-order was voided due to a system time out. We have corrected this time out error so that this does not happen again.

If you would still like to be placed on our pre-order list for this game, please resubmit your pre-order online. All pre-orders are fulfilled on the release date given to us by the manufacturer in systematic order by date from the first pre-order placed. We have set up a process, which will require no further action from you other than replacing your pre-order, to ensure your original place in line is secured.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Newegg.com
It sounds like they might not be cancelling pre-orders automatically after a year any longer.

Yeah I still have my preorders from over a year ago in tact. So it might be best to just say "YMMV". 

l7miQYS.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for Super Smash Bros 3DS. A few bucks off is always alright for me esp since the games aren't too expensive anyway.

Smash Bros is likely not coming out until Holiday 2014. Mario Kart Wii U is the game for next Spring, Smash Bros wont be out until the holiday so if you preorder, it will likely get cancelled.

I dont even feel like $5 is worth it atm, plus we have a potential for Smash Bros 3DS+Wii U bundle which I would go with.

Smash bros will probably get delayed.  Sakurai cares alot about making it "perfect"

You know there is also 4 dollars off pokemon X and Y.  I didn't see a thread, so maybe you should add that to the OP.

Are there penalties for cancelling?  I don't see why not just order it and cancel if something better comes along.

bread's done
Back