Newegg: Witcher 2 Collector's Edition (now $49.99) shipped

fortunado

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
UPDATE:

Thanks for the tip HornyPony, the Witcher 2 Collector's Edition is currently only $39.99 shipped at newegg.com. Beats the price I found it for. :applause:

[DEAD] Newegg: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Collector's Edition - $39.99
Newegg: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Collector's Edition - $49.99

ORIGINAL POST:

I've had my eye on this ever since it was released at $129.99 last year I believe. They recently marked it down to $99.99 but seller AndrewSet on Amazon (good rating) has 4 new ones available for $59.99 + $3.99 S&H. Not the best price but it finally hit my CAG e-mail price of $60.00. I wouldn't say these are "rare," more like "uncommon." Note that this is different from the Dark Edition that was recently released for Xbox 360. Also, there are reports of the head statue being damaged during shipping but I'm willing to take a shot.

There were 4 left and I bought one so complex mathematics tells me there are 3 left.

Note: They are being sold for about $75-150 on eBay.

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Collector's Edition - $59.99 + $4 S&H

41FYXKmcasL._AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd update the thread topic w/ the Newegg price if I knew how :( ... never been able to find that hidden option.

EDIT: I figga'd it out.

Careful guys, I read that some order came with the bust of Geralt broken or damage, so don't be surprise if that happen, but man this is such a tempting price...

Your "Newegg" link still goes to Amazon, FYI

Edit - I did a little looking, and while the extras differ a bit on the physical CE and the GoG version, by registering your key on GoG you get all those bonuses anyway, so you end up with everything. I'm having fun displaying goofy CE stuff lately (Borderlands chest) so I think I am in at this price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']Your "Newegg" link still goes to Amazon, FYI

Edit - I did a little looking, and while the extras differ a bit on the physical CE and the GoG version, by registering your key on GoG you get all those bonuses anyway, so you end up with everything. I'm having fun displaying goofy CE stuff lately (Borderlands chest) so I think I am in at this price.[/QUOTE]

Fixed; thanks.

got mine today. this was definitely an open-box refurbished. everything is so damn dirty. my hands became black while looking through the contents.

[quote name='United_Korea']got mine today. this was definitely an open-box refurbished. everything is so damn dirty. my hands became black while looking through the contents.[/QUOTE]

I got mine today as well. The frame holding the contents (the thing with grooves for the bust of Geralt's head, the playing cards, etc) was literally ripped in half, and some of the documents such as the map and decals had creases. Definitely an open box return.

Mine showed up today, too. It was still plastic wrapped though part of it was ripped, and while the internal packaging had broken (I heard this was an issue from day 1), everything inside looked fine. I even got the Amazon exclusive DLC code (!?). I'm digging it.

Mine came in today, can already tell that the slip cover is missing, box is crushed on a corner, and it's been resealed (sticker on back is really dirty too).

Is the consensus that all the new stock newegg got is actually refurb/used copies that newegg is falsely advertising as new?

If so whats the return policy? Because I already own the game on steam, don't really want a nasty copy someone else mishandled.

Bought mine Day 1... was worth every penny then!

I still use the dice for War Gaming and love the box on my shelf and I usually loathe collector's editions. Probably one of my favorite!

Hmm, my external box is in good condition but the insides are pretty beat up. Geralt statue is in good shape but the game box looks like it was pulled off someone's shelf -- it's not sealed, edges are frayed, small dent. You can definitely tell it was opened. Also, the plastic liner on the inside holding everything collapsed on itself from the weight. There's some bubble liner under it that was put in (non-factory by the look) to support the weight. It looks like a return. I ordered 2 though so maybe the other one will be in good shape. I'll probably send this one back.

[quote name='chunlirocks']My copy showed up in a day, brand new and mint. Sounds like i'm in the minority here.[/QUOTE]

You can start posting "Resealed returns ftl" in every Newegg thread now to go along with your infamous Gamefly tagline.

Received my copy a few days ago. Sealed with crappy plastic on the outside, definitely not new. The black liner inside is almost broken in half. Statue is sealed in plastic, but nose is broken off. Who can I contact to get a replacement statue?

Other than the statue inside, nothing was sealed in plastic. Not the game, artbook, cards, etc. Did anyone received their copy with items inside the box that's sealed? Are they suppose to be?

My deck of cards itself is sealed inside the card box. Also the papercraft is sealed. The art book & game weren't. My liner also broke and I had bubble wrap underneath it, which I think was part of the packing process but it just wasn't very good.

bread's done
Back