NEWS from Sony REP today

M1C13

CAGiversary!
1. PS3 demo unit with 23" HDTVs by ealry to mid October.

2. PSP bundle: All current Value pack accessories plus 1GB pro duo, ATV offroad Fury 4, and Lord of Dogtown for $249.99

3. My Favorite: She hinted at a PS2 of a different color this holiday season plus a price drop.

Back story, I work for GameCrazy and once a month the Sony Rep comes in and tells us about the new stuff. Sorry if anything is already posted I don't ever look at the SONY section but I thought you would all like to know.

thx for the info.

Id just like to point out that the sony reps ive dealt with for YEARS have been CLUELESS for the most part.

I think they get briefed on 1 thing and then they show up to whatever stores there assigned to go to and tell the employees about that 1 thing.

It would always be the case where i would ask question after question with completely clueless looks and responses from the sony reps i dealt with.

hopefully the one thing was the ps3 in this case.

[quote name='M1C13']1. PS3 demo unit with 23" HDTVs by ealry to mid October.

2. PSP bundle: All current Value pack accessories plus 1GB pro duo, ATV offroad Fury 4, and Lord of Dogtown for $249.99

3. My Favorite: She hinted at a PS2 of a different color this holiday season plus a price drop.

Back story, I work for GameCrazy and once a month the Sony Rep comes in and tells us about the new stuff. Sorry if anything is already posted I don't ever look at the SONY section but I thought you would all like to know.[/QUOTE]
You know what's beyond messed up? I just remembered where I heard about that PSP bundle before.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105242

Now I'm beginning to reconsider the rest of it despite its extraordinary claims.

Hmm, silver PSTwos would be rather neat, especially at a $100 price tag.

As for the PSP bundle.... honestly, could they have picked a worse game and movie? Sony has some weird infatuation with bundling ATV games with their consoles. And Lords of Dogtown? Ugh...

The idea of a game/movie/console/1 GB memory stick is a good idea, but Sony really should have considered what game and movie they stuck in. If they decided to do something like Lords of Dogtown and THUG 2 Remix or Spider Man 2 game and movie or Burnout Legends/Need for Speed and one of the Fast and the Furious films or GTA:LCS and Goodfellas (my personal pick for the best bundle ever) it would have made a lot more sense.

[quote name='M1C13']1. PS3 demo unit with 23" HDTVs by ealry to mid October.

Back story, I work for GameCrazy and once a month the Sony Rep comes in and tells us about the new stuff. Sorry if anything is already posted I don't ever look at the SONY section but I thought you would all like to know.[/quote]

ok i dunno if i herd this on this site or some where else but a guy said that he works for a printing company and they have something that shows the ps3 demo unit thats coming out in eb games he says its similar to the 360 demo unit but it has a silver or chrome bar on it and the ps3 is titlted standing up so the user can see the ps3 logo

Most of the time I wouldn't believe these dumbasses but it's not like any of those are really out there.

There has been word of a PSP bundle, and the other day I was reading how the PS2 will compete this year with the Wii so maybe for once the dumbass (the rep and not the OP) is right.

My store is having a conference with the Sony Rep again today to learn more about the PS3 and how to make the price sound appealing. So I should have some more information later tonight.

[quote name='M1C13']My store is having a conference with the Sony Rep again today to learn more about the PS3 and how to make the price sound appealing. So I should have some more information later tonight.[/quote]
goodies!

btw i found pics of the ps3 and wii kiosks i posted them here in the ps3 section

well the biggest news I got yesterday and I'm not sure if it has been said on here but the 60GB PS3 will play BOTH Blue-ray AND HD-DVD!!!!! Everything else was just an update about things we've all heard before. This wasn' just a rumor she had it in writing.

[quote name='M1C13']well the biggest news I got yesterday and I'm not sure if it has been said on here but the 60GB PS3 will play BOTH Blue-ray AND HD-DVD!!!!! Everything else was just an update about things we've all heard before. This wasn' just a rumor she had it in writing.[/QUOTE]

bullshit.jpg

Yeah that is bullshit, I can smell it from here.

Sony bought the MGM library of movies so that they could release them for Blu-Ray. I see no point in the thing playing both formats.

[quote name='M1C13']My store is having a conference with the Sony Rep again today to learn more about the PS3 and how to make the price sound appealing...[/quote]
$299 = problem solved :lol:

[quote name='M1C13']well the biggest news I got yesterday and I'm not sure if it has been said on here but the 60GB PS3 will play BOTH Blue-ray AND HD-DVD!!!!! Everything else was just an update about things we've all heard before. This wasn' just a rumor she had it in writing.[/QUOTE]More like it will play Blu-Ray, the next generation format of HD DVD's.

[quote name='CappyCobra']$299 = problem solved :lol:[/quote]

$299 = problem solved $149= even better

There ya go, FIXED!!!

Honestly, how Sony thinks people are going to shell out $600 for an overglorified system is beyond me. I'm waiting till about 2012 to buy one, when they SHOULD have dropped to $149 or UNDER by.

I made a mistake buying the PS2 at $299, both had video port problems(I had a replacement warranty). I learned my lesson NOT to buy a console early in the 'console wars' cycle.

Moreover, once the PStwo drops to $50 or under, I may grab a few, to keep myself amused while waiting for the PS3 to drop in price significantly.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']$299 = problem solved $149= even better

There ya go, FIXED!!!

Honestly, how Sony thinks people are going to shell out $600 for an overglorified system is beyond me. I'm waiting till about 2012 to buy one, when they SHOULD have dropped to $149 or UNDER by.

I made a mistake buying the PS2 at $299, both had video port problems(I had a replacement warranty). I learned my lesson NOT to buy a console early in the 'console wars' cycle.

Moreover, once the PStwo drops to $50 or under, I may grab a few, to keep myself amused while waiting for the PS3 to drop in price significantly.[/quote]

dude your not even a cheap ass gamer your A POOR ass gamer lol j/k
but i am going to get the ps3 when it comes out because i want one and i am not poor and i am putting money into something i am going to use

[quote name='David85']Yeah that is bullshit, I can smell it from here.

Sony bought the MGM library of movies so that they could release them for Blu-Ray. I see no point in the thing playing both formats.[/QUOTE]
I thought so too but then she showed us an official spec sheet and there it was under the 60GB PS3 Blue-ray and HD-DVD.

bread's done
Back