Next Batman game is officially "Batman: Arkham City"

Fjordson

CAGiversary!
I was hoping for Ashes of Gotham. Next GI covers:

bat1-1280.jpg

bat2-1280.jpg

1458537-arkham_city_logo_super.jpg

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces BATMAN: ARKHAM CITYâ„¢ As the Official Title for the Sequel to the Critically
Acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylumâ„¢

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham City™ as the title for its follow-up to the award-winning, critically acclaimed hit videogame Batman: Arkham Asylum™. Batman: Arkham City will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows PC and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in Fall 2011.

Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

Batman: Arkham City is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license. Fans can visit www.batmanarkhamcity.com to sign up to receive updates regarding the game.

I get the feeling that there will be co-op involved in this game. Looks like this game will follow the whole good/evil Catwoman plot.

Either way, I can't wait!

Wow, can't wait to play the sequel to what was such an EXCITING and THRILLING game. /sarcasm.

Anyway, if they made it more...I don't know, intense or realistic maybe it will have more appeal. Like why doesn't anyone bleed despite hitting them with Batarangs and throwing them down stairs? What, do these people have skin made out of kevlar?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Wow, can't wait to play the sequel to what was such an EXCITING and THRILLING game. /sarcasm.

Anyway, if they made it more...I don't know, intense or realistic maybe it will have more appeal. Like why doesn't anyone bleed despite hitting them with Batarangs and throwing them down stairs? What, do these people have skin made out of kevlar?[/QUOTE]

That's really your complaint, for them to add blood? Seems like a rather silly complaint in what was a very solid game.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Wow, can't wait to play the sequel to what was such an EXCITING and THRILLING game. /sarcasm.

Anyway, if they made it more...I don't know, intense or realistic maybe it will have more appeal. Like why doesn't anyone bleed despite hitting them with Batarangs and throwing them down stairs? What, do these people have skin made out of kevlar?[/QUOTE]

You know this is a Batman game right? How can you make a Batman game realistic?
It doesn't seem like you are playing the game for the source material. Maybe you should just stick with God of War if you want blood.

[quote name='bobo2k4']You know this is a Batman game right? How can you make a Batman game realistic?
It doesn't seem like you are playing the game for the source material. Maybe you should just stick with God of War if you want blood.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because killing soldiers only to have their remains disappear into thin air moments later is so much more realistic.

[quote name='bobo2k4']You know this is a Batman game right? How can you make a Batman game realistic?
It doesn't seem like you are playing the game for the source material. Maybe you should just stick with God of War if you want blood.[/QUOTE]

Anything can be more realistic. Arkham Asylum was somewhat realistic, but there were still things that could have made it, like I said, more intense.

Aside from that (and anyway, I wasn't asking for buckets of blood in this game....), the first title was boring IMO. Not much to do, and it was a whole lot of running around, backtracking, etc.

We will need to see what happens for this one though, could be much different from AA.

Well you can't please everyone. But I absolutely loved the first game, exactly what I was looking for in a Batman game. What I loved most was the combat system and use of Batman's gadgets. I can't wait to see what they've improve upon the sequel.

that would push it from teen to mature and probably cut down the sales quite a bit as a result. not gonna hunt for the stats, but I'm pretty sure that's what they show.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']
Aside from that (and anyway, I wasn't asking for buckets of blood in this game....), the first title was boring IMO. Not much to do, and it was a whole lot of running around, backtracking, etc.[/QUOTE]
:applause:Exactly. B:AA had a shitton of crappy backtracking if you wanted to get into areas previously unavailable due to not having the right gizmo/gadget when going there the first time.

It got very old very fast.

But I did like hanging from the rafters and swooping down on unsuspecting enemies to end up leaving them hanging upside down after ambushing them.:D

I just really hope they dont lose focus towards the end of the game like they did on AA.

I loved AA and thought it was the best batman game ever and had alot of fun with it. But the last 20 minutes almost ruined the rest of the game for me. Paticullary the god awful final boss fight and that horrible ending. The ending is what really got me, wish they had worked on it just a little more instead of the cliched drop all the bad guys down holes in the ground, have a 13 second ending sequence and then pull the damned "to be continued" card on me.

I am so excited for this Arkham City. I never did beat the first one, so I have to conquer AA first, but I can't wait until AC comes out. Definetly a must buy!!

[quote name='Buuhan1'][insert mag cover here haha][/QUOTE]

I am intrigued by the game for sure, and want to see what they do with it but please Lord do not have that stupid investigating gimmick. It was a serious time vampire and added little to the game. I'm all for a little puzzling, but running around a 6 foot area looking for a little glowing smoke trail was...not a highlight.

I would agree about the detective aspect, but you can't take it out of a Batman game. Given how he is the world's greatest detective and all that. They could make some changes to it so it's more entertaining overall.

The first game was amazing, and I expect nothing less of the second. I love how dark and realistic Batman is in it. It feels so right when your playing it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:Exactly. B:AA had a shitton of crappy backtracking if you wanted to get into areas previously unavailable due to not having the right gizmo/gadget when going there the first time.

It got very old very fast.

But I did like hanging from the rafters and swooping down on unsuspecting enemies to end up leaving them hanging upside down after ambushing them.:D[/QUOTE]

Is it safe to assume you didn't like any Metroidvania games ever, then, since isn't that where the concept originated? It's been a while since I played, but wasn't the backtracking only necessary for the collectibles (of which I found every single one because they were so entertaining)?

bread's done
Back