Next Gen Consoles and Smart Power Strips

kaos424

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
So I've been looking into "smart" power strips to use with some of my setups at home such as tv/xbox one/ps4  and also my pc/speakers/printer etc. Here's one issue I've come across: If I set my tv as the control, then it will cut power to my console immediately, which the new consoles don't seem to take kindly. I also don't want to set the console as a control because I'm not using the console every time I use the television.

So..the only thing i can come up with is just getting a regular power strip and mounting it somewhere that I can cut the power after I've shut the console down all the way.

Can anyone think of any other setup that would work? Some magical technology I have yet to discover? Or am I doomed to forever endure the extreme discomfort of having to actually stand up and flick a switch?

Couldn't you set the TV as the control device but then make sure you properly "shutdown" the consoles before you power off the TV?

My smart strips have an extra outlet that isn't controlled by the master. I just plug the consoles in there and use the smart slots for devices that are OK like the receiver and blu-ray player.

They have smart power strips now? Had no idea, but I can truly see why it'd be a good idea to have one. I still use those old power strips, but maybe it's time to upgrade to a smart one. 

bread's done
Back